Anyone travelled on a cruise alone?

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must I pay more to travel solo?

alpc

Reaction score
If you are not interested in sharing a cabin, then yes, you will have to pay a little more to have the whole cabin to yourself.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are not interested in sharing a cabin, then yes, you will have to pay a little more to have the whole cabin to yourself.
Around how much more usually? Thanks

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
The last time I checked, its 50% more at least. Might be different from operator to operator. Solo cruising is never economically sound.

butterbarter

Reaction score
Must I pay more to travel solo?

Solo cruise sounds incredibly boring. What do you intend to do? Eat all day and lie by the pool? I feel a cruise is only fun if you go with a group of friends/family to play games and chat with.

I went for a cruise with a group of good friends. Though I enjoyed their company, the cruise itself was pretty meh. It's just like a big floating hotel. I'll rather check into a real hotel. At least you have the option of going elsewhere if bored.

Just my 2 cents.

alpc

Reaction score
Exactly, it's a floating hotel. It's great for visiting locations in around the area without having to lug your luggage around moving from hotel to hotel. Good for certain trips, not that great for others.

I would never go for a cruise to nowhere or anywhere around this region... The other area which I think may work well is Greece. Alaska is definitely a good way to travel which is where I had my first cruise.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One day I just might set out on a trip to a cruise myself. Don't have anybody, my whole family is dead.

freewilly5000

Reaction score
I have! Better to choose a big ship with ample entertainment and food otherwise gets boring

ocean_boi

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump old post. anyone newly tried to do solo cruise?

boborrow

Reaction score
I think should be OK. Anyway limited to 2 anyway at restaurant table.

hisokaomi

Reaction score
Wish I could try solo cruise one day, but too ex... it will be a good way for me time

andy1982

Reaction score
Solo cruising is good if you want to find a hook-up for a few days.

some cruise lines have solo cabins (single bed), sometimes especially when nearing the sail date, there will be offers for single cruisers.

RC has meetups for single's, and GLBT groups for normal cruises.

in US/Australia, there are even whole cruise for single people. these are mainly older folkes who are looking for companionship.

The thing is, most of the time on board of a ship, u can find people from various countries, and its a "safer" environment than trying to do the same in a different country.

flowerpalms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might as well save the money and travel solo to other country eg. Japan, taiwan when all is clear. Yes it going to take a long time but cruise obviously has its risks too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.