Anyone upgraded to win11 ?

TheSnail

Reaction score
Just upgraded this morning...... think took about 15-20min to install after download.

I only see the Taskbar and Start Menu is different, nothing else. Notification sounds have changed also but apart from the general layout, I'm struggling to see any differences.

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded this morning...... think took about 15-20min to install after download.

I only see the Taskbar and Start Menu is different, nothing else. Notification sounds have changed also but apart from the general layout, I'm struggling to see any differences.
multiple desktops

notification bar

able to install and run android apps (not yet release .... )

some improvements are under the hood

TheSnail

Reaction score
multiple desktops

notification bar

able to install and run android apps (not yet release .... )

some improvements are under the hood

Multiple Desktops I've seen..... for somebody my age that only adds confusion on confusion. I may play around with it and check usefulness but I can see it would be useful before entering a video conference, so in case you need to share-screen, members don't see anything else open.

The Taskbar and Notification Bar are, for me, just a graphical redesign this moment.

Running Android apps should be more useful later, yes, but limited to those found on Amazon (?).

skystopper

Reaction score
I think the main improvements for me is the following two points:
1) They finally cleaned the "Settings"
2) The "Search" function now loads instantaneously. Previously the search function may take a while to load the search results, and finally there is no delay in Win 11.

*Edit: I kind of feel that Win 11 is still unstable. I've experienced a couple of "freezing" issues with the latest update (Ver 10.0.22000.282). Decided to revert back to Win 10 and wait a couple of months and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Windows tablet? Is Win 11 better for tablet mode?

wsohplha

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I use rufus method to install 3 of my old PC which not qualified for Win11, and it work, but after testing for 5 days, I revert all back to Win10, because I find it to be unproductive as below:​

1-it cannot uncombine the task job, example I open 2 Excel files to copy some items to another, I had to go to task Excel to open and in small icon always click the wrong one. Or open 3 web pages and want to go back to the page had to go back to the browser icon and always miss the wrong page.​

2-Clicking a file will pop up all I want to copy or paste or send to, but now had to click an option to open more choices?​

3-Task bar and icons on the desktop cannot be resized, as the icon so big has no chance to reduce its size​

4-Now all PC in the network can’t see one another even searches on the Internet show use add on feature SMB sharing, Services.msc to add Function Discovery provider host, resources publication, SSDP, UPnP all don’t seem to work even share all private network still don’t see all the PC, while in Win10 all can be seen​

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
I recently got a Aftershokz desktop. Brand New but it did not make the minimum requirement for Win 11. I contacted Aftershokz and was told if I want to update, need to tweak the bios. I think its TPM is currently disabled in BIOS.

Not sure what that means

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I recently got a Aftershokz desktop. Brand New but it did not make the minimum requirement for Win 11. I contacted Aftershokz and was told if I want to update, need to tweak the bios. I think its TPM is currently disabled in BIOS.

Not sure what that means

if you are buying Aftershock desktop, I suggest before you upgrade the win11 personally it is best to check with them does it void your system hardware warranty before proceed if you are not familiar to troubleshoot any hardware related issue at later time.

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure what that means

It means by default TPM Is disabled for your desktop via bios.

Good news is it means your desktop has TPM chip, and you just need to enable it.

Trusted Platform Module (TPM) technology is designed to provide hardware-based, security-related functions. A TPM chip is a secure crypto-processor that is designed to carry out cryptographic operations. The chip includes multiple physical security mechanisms to make it tamper-resistant, and malicious software is unable to tamper with the security functions of the TPM

ultra5

Reaction score
Just upgraded and only issue is that it moved my drive mappings around...my I: drive become D:. Other than that no other issues. Performance seems to be the same in typical office applications.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Upgraded to Win 11 version 22H2, overall experience with better performance uplift for my AMD CPU and gaming experience.

tsteo77

Reaction score
Upgraded to Win 11 version 22H2, overall experience with better performance uplift for my AMD CPU and gaming experience.
@Yongkit
you shall are up to date :) does this update make such a difference ? A better description of your gaming experience before
and after this update would be nice.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@Yongkit
you shall are up to date :) does this update make such a difference ? A better description of your gaming experience before
and after this update would be nice.

my cpu performance have been improved as screenshot below in multicore score, only xmp profile activated other all at stock setting:

Before:

1655459258260.png

After:

1655459280349.png

Gaming:

1. by enabled the Display Graphic High performance mode it help to improved the gaming fps / frametime & 1% Low performance increased faster, as previously some game i play for this 1% low will be slowly escalate to its peak, now it is push faster together when game is started. below link to the thread how to enabled it. it work well together with undervolting profile too.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...no-scalping-discussion.6472069/post-142198499
(using latest nvidia driver 516.40)

2. Auto HDR is more consistent accross all game (if you have HDR monitor)

I can now drag and drop icon to task bar but it take some time and refresh to registered perhaps will improved better on official
release.

New task manager now can enabled dark theme with new presentation:

1655459861628.png

System startup time for my cpu have been significant improved, previsouly every initial start (from power off to on) computer it will be approx. 15sec~19sec.
I have upgraded my bios with agesa 1.2.0.7 with this new windows 11 22H2, this have shorten the bios time less than 10sec and I have tested more than 3 time to confirm (note this is not restart time as normally it will be shorter than initial first start up)

1655460264105.png

Overall the gaming experience is what i am looking at and I am very satisfy with this new performance uplift overall while still in process to test more games.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.