Anyone with experience for cancelling BTO without forfeiting downpayment? (Not break up/divorce reason. Not BTO project delay reason)

EthelBlythe

Reaction score
Seeking for people with experience on the above mentioned title.
Anyone successfully appealed for BTO cancellation without forfeiting their downpayment? Not due to break up reason nor BTO project delay.

We might have plans to buy a resale flat instead of waiting 5-6 years for a BTO flat. And the sad thing is we are not eligible for PPHS (rental) scheme offered by government (income ceiling).

I am dying to move out, I really need advice!! Thanks people.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone successfully appealed for BTO cancellation without forfeiting their downpayment? Not due to break up reason nor BTO project delay.

We might have plans to buy a resale flat instead of waiting 5-6 years for a BTO flat. And the sad thing is we are not eligible for PPHS (rental) scheme offered by government (income ceiling).

Due covid delay, hdb will allowed case by case.

EthelBlythe

Reaction score
Due covid delay, hdb will allowed case by case.
Thanks for you reply!

how do I know if my BTO project is under COVID delay (I tried to google but no information)? Or overall all BTO projects in Singapore are under the delay situation?

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have u considered leasing a hdb flat from market while waiting for bto completion?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for you reply!

how do I know if my BTO project is under COVID delay (I tried to google but no information)? Or overall all BTO projects in Singapore are under the delay situation?
Yes all projects delayed.

EthelBlythe

Reaction score
Have u considered leasing a hdb flat from market while waiting for bto completion?
Renting from the market is quite costly, I did quite a few researches. Honestly, I just switch to a lower wage job too. Hence, i don’t think I can afford at the moment :( if part of my cash money goes to rental, I will have cash problems with resale flat too :( sigh, it’s so costly. I just hope I can get my CPF back, it’s mr hard earned money. Anyway, thank for your reply & suggestion!

notbui

Banned
Reaction score
My friend bought a 2 room hdb for singles which will be completed in around 2024. He has already went for 2nd appointment with hdb and paid the 10% deposit.

If his mum pass away before 2024 and he inherit her hdb, can he cancel his 2 room hdb and get back his 10% deposit?

RiceGrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renting from the market is quite costly, I did quite a few researches. Honestly, I just switch to a lower wage job too. Hence, i don’t think I can afford at the moment :( if part of my cash money goes to rental, I will have cash problems with resale flat too :( sigh, it’s so costly. I just hope I can get my CPF back, it’s mr hard earned money. Anyway, thank for your reply & suggestion!
If your income fulfils the income ceiling for PPHS, you can consider appealing.

Otherwise you can email hdb, tell them is for family planning (i.e planning to have kids,covid induced delay affected your family planning) they might be able to advise u

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Otherwise you can email hdb, tell them is for family planning (i.e planning to have kids,covid induced delay affected your family planning) they might be able to advise u
The way to go apparently

EthelBlythe

Reaction score

I’m not eligible for PPHS.
yes, I have emailed HDB and request for an appeal/advise. I also included family planning plans as part of my reason (which is also the fact). Thank you for your suggestion! :)

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend bought a 2 room hdb for singles which will be completed in around 2024. He has already went for 2nd appointment with hdb and paid the 10% deposit.

If his mum pass away before 2024 and he inherit her hdb, can he cancel his 2 room hdb and get back his 10% deposit?
U are bad.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What did HDB reply with when you ask them about buying a resale?

pratik28

Reaction score
Canel BTO, waive penalties but only allowed to buy resale??
Can you cancel bto and go for sbf / obf without 1 year ban??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.