APEC Business Travel card

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got lah, just back on Sunday, there is a (Immigration) priority lane (light pink/purple) color for ABTC. no ABTC for customs, just for Narita. For departure security there is no ABTC lane always, now dep can use auto gate, no stamp, super fast and no Q, just scan passport look camera done, same like UK. Don't really see the point for ABTC lane for this.

Haneda now only biz class and those got the Elite Airlines card got priority. I show them abtc.. They say no.

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just renewed my passport in december and submitted new application for replacement abtc yesterday. anyone applied recently card to share how long did you get the interim card and final card? 5 years ago when i applied i think it was around 2.5-3mths. indonesia was like the last country to approve. australia approves super fast.

p1BYVCE.jpg

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently took around 6 weeks

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

bazingaman

Reaction score
About 6-7 weeks. Malaysia was the last one (same as 5 years ago). Rest approved in 3-4 wks. iirc chile or china was the one bef malaysia

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just renewed my passport in december and submitted new application for replacement abtc yesterday. anyone applied recently card to share how long did you get the interim card and final card? 5 years ago when i applied i think it was around 2.5-3mths.

Submitted a new application after passport renewal last year, but did not get an interim card unlike the previous time. Got the final card after about 3 months.

gasband

Reaction score
Technically, the APEC card is only for you and you alone and only for business purposes. Although when you are alone, of course you can just declare you are on business no matter what. But when you bring your kids or mother or father and whole family, how you want the officer to believe you are on business? And even if you are, the rest of the family cannot be cleared based on your card. Although I have done it a couple of times with the group travelling with me, a few immigration officers at places like Jakarta, Bangkok etc told me its this kind of abuse of the APEC card that they become stricter for those who genuinely use the card for genuine purposes.

gasband

Reaction score
Submitted a new application after passport renewal last year, but did not get an interim card unlike the previous time. Got the final card after about 3 months.

Now I think its not auto, you can ask them to issue the interim card to you but only if those priority countries you chosen have cleared you.

armisg

Reaction score
1st time user...

Hi all,

I'm awaiting for two more economies to approve my card... 5 weeks since application.

Been reading here and there but info is unclear. Do APEC ABTC holder need to apply for Australia ETA on SG passport?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need, make sure AUS is printed at back of card

Hi all,

I'm awaiting for two more economies to approve my card... 5 weeks since application.

Been reading here and there but info is unclear. Do APEC ABTC holder need to apply for Australia ETA on SG passport?

JuVeniLe

Reaction score
Anyone who recently applied? Mind sharing how long it took to receive clearance from the majority of member economies?

TIA.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.