Apple announces new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro, powered by new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the amount that they cost, they shouldn't be :(

Even if it's not, it shouldn't be as well because that's not very 'Apple'.

I still have my mid 2015 15" MBP as a spare computer now and have no issues on any of the ports, including the SD card reader, and MagSafe 2 is just as reliable as ever.

arvinsim

Reaction score
Even if it's not, it shouldn't be as well because that's not very 'Apple'.

I still have my mid 2015 15" MBP as a spare computer now and have no issues on any of the ports, including the SD card reader, and MagSafe 2 is just as reliable as ever.
Pre 2016 Macbooks are just built better IMO.

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. The first gen retina MBPs are just champs, and the illuminated Apple logo as well. But age has to catch up anyway.

mine do not have SD card issue. but has external monitor issue which pretty well known weak spot for mac i guess.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine do not have SD card issue. but has external monitor issue which pretty well known weak spot for mac i guess.

The SD reader issue doesn’t affect all the MBPs, similarly for the MagSafe 3 charging issues.

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The SD reader issue doesn’t affect all the MBPs, similarly for the MagSafe 3 charging issues.

that's right as reported by users.
but apple working on it for macOS 12.1 RC but ignored external monitor issues for years

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont think its a pressure issue. My Mac has already been set on medium pressure since the start.

Its pretty obvious after a few hours of use when it suddenly stops working for one specific task or folder. In all cases, I immediately tested with other folders and apps without any issues using my normal pressure. Anyways, there were quite a few comments on Macforums about trackpad problems where it seems to be a OS problem.

yodajedi01

Reaction score
Anyone got recommendation for 14" M1 Keyboard cover and the screen protector.
Both are quite Fingerprint Magnet ..... :rolleyes:

I'm also thinking of getting Clear Skins as well.

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got the 14 inch now. Now that's is here got abit of buyers remorse. Contemplating whether to return to get the 16 inch

arvinsim

Reaction score
Got the 14 inch now. Now that's is here got abit of buyers remorse. Contemplating whether to return to get the 16 inch
I think you might have until the end of the month to return it if I am not mistaken.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why did apple remove the Touch bar? I quite like the Touch Bar for convenience

There are many people who didn’t find the Touch Bar intuitive and prefer physical keys.

For me I love it and I use it quite a bit. It also shows you different information depending on the app you’re running and is also able to customise. I find it looks more ‘Pro’ with the Touch Bar since it’s also exclusive to the Pro models.

From now the Touch Bar will no longer be included unless Apple decides to bring it back or have any future plans for it which is unlikely for the near future.

AlyssaGoh

Reaction score
There are many people who didn’t find the Touch Bar intuitive and prefer physical keys.

For me I love it and I use it quite a bit. It also shows you different information depending on the app you’re running and is also able to customise. I find it looks more ‘Pro’ with the Touch Bar since it’s also exclusive to the Pro models.

From now the Touch Bar will no longer be included unless Apple decides to bring it back or have any future plans for it which is unlikely for the near future.
Kind of difficult to use the fixed F1 to F12. It cannot mute or off ur video especially if you are using zoom, teams

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Why did apple remove the Touch bar? I quite like the Touch Bar for convenience
A few things I guess

- Developer buy in, not sure how many developers actually optimized their apps for it. but guess it was not enough to keep it permanent
- Cost. An extra OLED multitouch strip surely will have its cost.
- People really hated it. It was introduced together with butterfly keyboard + removal of ports.

Cant fault Apple's effort to try.. people barely use the Function keys anyways.. so they repurposed it by giving the buttons context.
But they should have pull out once the reception turns out to be mixed.. instead they kept it going for 5-years and now they got people attached to it.

With the growing demand of touch screen, Apple just wanted to try something new I guess.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.