AppleCare+ question

Mistranslated

Master Member
Reaction score
Your AppleCare+ end date will be exactly 24 months after your iPad purchase date, regardless of how early/late you purchase your Apple Pencil, Magic Keyboard or even the AppleCare+ plan. (AppleCare+ plan available for purchase for 60 days from the iPad Purchase date)

If you repaired/replaced your faulty/damaged apple product which was under Applecare warranty, does apple provide some extended coverage to cover the recently repaired/replaced product from defects?

For example, if your apple product is faulty on age yr1 mth11 and was repaired/replaced, and applecare coverage is 2 yrs, does apple provide some warranty coverage period for the repaired/replaced parts or does coverage expire the moment applecare coverage period ends?

reddevil0728

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you repaired/replaced your faulty/damaged apple product which was under Applecare warranty, does apple provide some extended coverage to cover the recently repaired/replaced product from defects?

For example, if your apple product is faulty on age yr1 mth11 and was repaired/replaced, and applecare coverage is 2 yrs, does apple provide some warranty coverage period for the repaired/replaced parts or does coverage expire the moment applecare coverage period ends?
if not wrong 3m

spidercyj

Reaction score
Do I really need to damage my iPad to get AppleCare+ to activate?

anthonygreenisreal

Reaction score
that's my plan too for the iPad 2020. Going to swap for new one when the Apple care plus is about to end. I can probably extend the overall lifespan of a single purchase or can sell it as out of warranty unit for better price since its literary brand new condition though likely Apple will replaced it with refurbished set.

Can I just walk in a say I'll pay the AppleCare price for a replacement set or it needs to be broken or something?

reddevil0728

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's my plan too for the iPad 2020. Going to swap for new one when the Apple care plus is about to end. I can probably extend the overall lifespan of a single purchase or can sell it as out of warranty unit for better price since its literary brand new condition though likely Apple will replaced it with refurbished set.

Can I just walk in a say I'll pay the AppleCare price for a replacement set or it needs to be broken or something?
Thought I mentioned above?

blacklotus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They only replaced battery if battery health is below 80%! This is what they told me
easy then. my iphone battery hits 75% after 18 months.

ipad should be similar if usage is similar. my ipad charge same time as my iphone.

Yod4

Master Member
Reaction score

Curious - have you done the swop? My device's applecare ends in November and I wouldn't mind paying the service fee of $68 to get a swop.

Singrish

Reaction score
I know this differs from country to country but in SG, when is the latest i can buy apple care? Is it still within 3 months from the day i buy the item?

Also, i always thought applecare extends the warranty from the day you buy the item. But i read on apple website:

“AppleCare+ extends your iPad, Apple Pencil and Apple-branded iPad keyboard coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date”

So if you buy apple care together with the item, don’t you rugi in that sense? Might as well wait for 2.5 months later (assuming you must register for apple care by the 3rd month) right?

Last edited:

reddevil0728

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know this differs from country to country but in SG, when is the latest i can buy apple care? Is it still within 3 months from the day i buy the item?

Also, i always thought applecare extends the warranty from the day you buy the item. But i read on apple website:

“AppleCare+ extends your iPad, Apple Pencil and Apple-branded iPad keyboard coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date”

So if you buy apple care together with the item, don’t you rugi in that sense? Might as well wait for 2.5 months later (assuming you must register for apple care by the 3rd month) right?
You must hope that nothing major happens during the couple of months that you wait to get longer warranty.

Singrish

Reaction score
You must hope that nothing major happens during the couple of months that you wait to get longer warranty.
But the basic warranty is 1 year right? So everything cover for 1 year. If i buy ipad now but register warranty in end aug, july to aug is still under the 1 year mah.

Anyway for SG is it 3 months to register?

reddevil0728

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the basic warranty is 1 year right? So everything cover for 1 year. If i buy ipad now but register warranty in end aug, july to aug is still under the 1 year mah.

talking about accidental damage.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't think basic warranty is everything covered...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.