Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

thegodfather

Reaction score
so does this mean that it is better to get birdy / dahon / hito below 1000 so that you won't get laughed by brompton users?

compare to spending more than 1000 and get copycat brompton and still get laughed by them?
Please tell me where to find $1000 birdy i wanna buy!! birdy more exp than brompy leh..

connieyen2000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone and every cyclist brother and sister here. I am new to this threads. Very nice to read this page. .

I would like to ask or seek some help /enquiries or guides here.

I am looking for either Hybrid bicycle or mountain bicycle . My budget is around $600-$850 max price range .

I am currently using a Anmier M370 mountain bicycle like the one seen in this listing below

Shiming is it a fake Shimano ? I never see properly and I thought is Shimano that why I bought in

The reason why I thinking of changing my bicycle is because the rear wheel will keep getting loose and the bicycle chains /pedal when I pedal will stuck and I need to pedal one more time harder . Someone told me that is either chain or gear not tuned properly

My purpose and area of cycling is PCN , Parks , footpaths , neighbour lesuire and recreational cycling and Some time /occasionally on the roads . And doing some food delivery on bicycle.

I hope someone can recommend me what brands to go to for hybrid bicycle and mountain bike..

Hybrid is those bike can go trails and have the speed of road bike right ?

Last edited:

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone and every cyclist brother and sister here. I am new to this threads. Very nice to read this page. .

I would like to ask or seek some help /enquiries or guides here.

I am looking for either Hybrid bicycle or mountain bicycle . My budget is around $600-$850 max price range .

Shiming is it a fake Shimano ? I never see properly and I thought is Shimano that why I bought in

My purpose and area of cycling is PCN , Parks , footpaths , neighbour lesuire and recreational cycling and Some time /occasionally on the roads . And doing some food delivery on bicycle.

I hope someone can recommend me what brands to go to for hybrid bicycle and mountain bike..

Hybrid is those bike can go trails and have the speed of road bike right ?

For $600-850 no need to settle for questionable parts - the link you showed has an array of Shinming RD, Tongli Disc Brake callipers and Taichang Brake + Shifter combo!

Based on your use case and terrain you are correct - a Hybrid and MTB would fit nicely. Nope Hybrids are meant to be an all terrain commuter not a dedicated offroad bike. If front suspension is included it is mostly entry level meant to provide comfort for rough terrain not actually go offroad on intermediate/advance courses! If i were you i would either get

a) Rigid Hybrid (no front suspension) and get thicker tires in long run if want more comfort or
b) Hardtail MTB and get commuter/semi slicks tires in long run to be more efficient in the terrain you want to cycle on

connieyen2000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For $600-850 no need to settle for questionable parts - the link you showed has an array of Shinming RD, Tongli Disc Brake callipers and Taichang Brake + Shifter combo!

Based on your use case and terrain you are correct - a Hybrid and MTB would fit nicely. Nope Hybrids are meant to be an all terrain commuter not a dedicated offroad bike. If front suspension is included it is mostly entry level meant to provide comfort for rough terrain not actually go offroad on intermediate/advance courses! If i were you i would either get

a) Rigid Hybrid (no front suspension) and get thicker tires in long run if want more comfort or
b) Hardtail MTB and get commuter/semi slicks tires in long run to be more efficient in the terrain you want to cycle on
I am currently using the anmier 370 bike with the questionable parts as what you say

Shiming
Taichung
Tong LI

Shi ming is a inmiate of Shimano right

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am currently using the anmier 370 bike with the questionable parts as what you say

Shiming
Taichung
Tong LI

Shi ming is a inmiate of Shimano right
not sure but does it have anywhere near the tried and tested record of Shimano - definitely not o_O

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.