Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

yuzu28

Reaction score
Are you heavy? If you are, it seems Hito X6 is good for people who are heavier.

And the basket and rack can carry heavier stuff :p
Thanks! Only X6 can add rack and ah? If I not heavy, can get $200+ one and add rack? I heard some foldable cannot add rack.

Reaction score
Thanks! Only X6 can add rack and ah? If I not heavy, can get $200+ one and add rack? I heard some foldable cannot add rack.
No la Hito X6 is a foldable bike which can take heavy weight; not saying only it can take racks.

Before you buy you should ask the seller about adding racks.

Like I bought my bike (not Hito X6) from Carousell, I chat with the seller and ask various stuff about the bike first.

noreasonwhyy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to buy a foldable but prefer the look of a full size wheel. I tried some model with 16" wheel and just didn't like the feeling.

Came across this model Bickerton Docklands 1824, can anyone advise if the parts that comes with the bike is ok or should I look at other brands at the price range of $1k? Thanks in advance.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to buy a foldable but prefer the look of a full size wheel. I tried some model with 16" wheel and just didn't like the feeling.
Came across this model Bickerton Docklands 1824, can anyone advise if the parts that comes with the bike is ok or should I look at other brands at the price range of $1k? Thanks in advance.

I feel if u looking at full size wheel then forget about foldable

noreasonwhyy

Reaction score
I feel if u looking at full size wheel then forget about foldable

I intend to cycle with my friend but the problem is we're on the opposite end of the island.. I don't think I have the energy to cycle to west side and back haha. That's why I thought a foldable would be nice, I can catch a bus to meet them.

Reaction score
I intend to cycle with my friend but the problem is we're on the opposite end of the island.. I don't think I have the energy to cycle to west side and back haha. That's why I thought a foldable would be nice, I can catch a bus to meet them.
Is the Bickerton Docklands compact enough for you to bring onto public transport each time you wanna meet her?

mubz96

Reaction score
Definitely need to lube the chain, make sure you do a simple wipe down or degreasing.
The factory lubricant no need to remove unless you are doing submersion wax.
Dry lube if you intend to cycle on good weather only, else use wet lube.

Hi. Thanks for your advice. I think I will keep the factory lubricant on for a while until my mileage on the new chain hits 100km before I'll degrease it and apply new lube.
By the way, is Decathlon teflon all weather lube a good investment?
https://www.decathlon.sg/p/all-weather-bike-lubricant-decathlon-8299115.html

noreasonwhyy

Reaction score
Is the Bickerton Docklands compact enough for you to bring onto public transport each time you wanna meet her?

I dont mind the size but I'll ask to be sure it can be brought onto public transports.

It's my first purchase so I'd like to know if that model is okay for the asking price? I don't want to get it just because it's a 26" foldable that I can find now. I'm open for more recommendations/suggestions if they are better value for money. Would also consider 20" foldable.

Donnguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm learning DIY repairs, for Aleoca Mactec 26" , what dimension should i buy for the inner tube, replace inner tube myself. ^^

Hi my old dahon 1.6" on old
1.5wide tyres, Can't go 1.35 thin.

Pikes new era wheels go 1.0 or 1.35width.

Will my old fork fit a Pikes wheel?

polyglob

Reaction score

I saw on YT videos the "correct" way to push a Hito X6 is with both hands by the handles and need to engage brakes. If expecting to commute on MRT and bus with the bike then one-hand pushing by the seat (like with Brompton and clones) is more practical.

yuzu28

Reaction score
Is Rifle R8 the lightest for 20" foldie below $500?
Can install a rear rack?
Anyone has experience between Rifle, Velo and Hito, can share?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Y so many models siaz...
$350 can get which one better??
Java zelo 2, Livfit or hito

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.