Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

threestageleastsquares

Reaction score
Have an old CarryMe (2008 model) with the dual-speed ATS Speed Drive. Bought it second-hand; believe the previous owner got it from E-walker.

E-walker is sadly no longer distributing the CarryMe and the current distributor (MightyVelo) is not a believer in the dual-speed models and doesn't have the tools or support for it.

The Speed Drive unit is starting to give me issues (the heel shifter is not shifting well and sometimes drops into neutral). Does anyone know a shop that would service these things in Singapore?

Aventad0r

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to buy my first road bike.
I have shortlisted 2022 Canyon Endurance CF 7 and Canyon Endurance 7.
Is the carbon fibre bike worth $400 more than the aluminium version?

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am looking to buy my first road bike.
I have shortlisted 2022 Canyon Endurance CF 7 and Canyon Endurance 7.
Is the carbon fibre bike worth $400 more than the aluminium version?

If everything is the same except one is carbon fibre and the other is aluminium, then of course get the former for just $400 difference. It will/should be lighter and more comfortable to ride. And later if you want to resell, it would be easier or fetch a higher value.

Sent from EDMWER app!

Aventad0r

Reaction score
If everything is the same except one is carbon fibre and the other is aluminium, then of course get the former for just $400 difference. It will/should be lighter and more comfortable to ride. And later if you want to resell, it would be easier or fetch a higher value.

Sent from EDMWER app!
At $2.6k price point, would it be lower quality carbon fibre and thus I would be better off with aluminium?

jinsatkilife

Reaction score
beginner here, I want to buy a bicycle that can fit my lift so that I can cycle to my gym.

How do you guys know on average, what's the market price for different bicycles? Any website like iPrice that was for HP?

I think a foldable bicycle will be more exp than a normal bicycle that's shorter but can fit my lift right?
any recommendations on where to buy bike? online?/overseas?

thinking of second hand, is carousell the only place to find? got so many that idk how to filter my search

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
beginner here, I want to buy a bicycle that can fit my lift so that I can cycle to my gym.
How do you guys know on average, what's the market price for different bicycles? Any website like iPrice that was for HP?
I think a foldable bicycle will be more exp than a normal bicycle that's shorter but can fit my lift right?
any recommendations on where to buy bike? online?/overseas?
thinking of second hand, is carousell the only place to find? got so many that idk how to filter my search
Your life jin satki...
Why not u measure n post the dimensions of your lift first? If not how to recommend?

FYI my road bike can fit into old HDB lift. Dunno what's your issue

Sent from EDMWER app!

IcehOt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Need some help here, buy parts for my own bike but i'm stuck at the rear thru axle. Was told to get 12x148 thru axle size. Checked on DT Swiss they do have the length i want but i don't seem to see the end cap. Do i need to purchase the end cap separately?

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommend for foldable bike for bbfa that weight 100kg? some dont put the weight limit for foldable bike.

as long as can support my weight and allow in mrt is good enough

thanks

hkchew03

Reaction score
any recommend for foldable bike for bbfa that weight 100kg? some dont put the weight limit for foldable bike.

as long as can support my weight and allow in mrt is good enough

thanks
most foldable can take that load, bottleneck is the seatpost, should be fine if it is not extended too much.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.