Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks batuchka!

any idea where i can try these bikes on at local shop?

I was also looking at the GIANT escape, and Polygon Path while searching around.. are these 2 comparable to the ones you suggested?
well with HA phase reapplied think best call down ask if can test ride but Riverside = Decathlon, Merida = Hup Leong and Giant = Tay Junction Sure Escape is a decent choice and i personally feel Path a bit on the heavy side but if thats fine dats an option too ^^

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do u all clean the chain?

Pardon my stupid question. Google says dont use black grease but should use lube. And i think lube is transparent

but how come when i touch the chain of the original bicycle, my whole hand is full of black oil (from decalthon) ?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do u all clean the chain?

Pardon my stupid question. Google says dont use black grease but should use lube. And i think lube is transparent

but how come when i touch the chain of the original bicycle, my whole hand is full of black oil (from decalthon) ?
i use this, after cleaning it.

CYLION 60ml Mountain Bike Bicycle Chain Lubricant Lube Oil with Cleaning Cloth bike road bike Bike Bicycle, Sports Equipment, Bicycles & Parts, Parts & Accessories on Carousell

i use this from decathlon to clean the chain:

Bike Chain Cleaner (decathlon.sg)

lemonpie

Reaction score
Anyone knows if there's a local vendor that carries Anemos folding bikes? Meaning the Bike Friday clones

I know there's a few on Carouhell but they just seem to do parallel import

TY!

walceab

Reaction score
sorry i ask noob question ah. i just pickup cycling. can go straight but turning a bit hard. then how do i get better at maneuvering like pcn alot of people how do i control left right to siam people well?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry i ask noob question ah. i just pickup cycling. can go straight but turning a bit hard. then how do i get better at maneuvering like pcn alot of people how do i control left right to siam people well?
Slow down when nearing people. Use an easier gear so that it is easier to paddle to have better control. Make small turns first.

walceab

Reaction score
Slow down when nearing people. Use an easier gear so that it is easier to paddle to have better control. Make small turns first.
lol i find cycling at gear one with the pedal having less restrain the easiest to me. gear 4 and 5 to me more restrain easier to turn but sometimes if road uphill a bit only i find it hard to control left right

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was wondering getting the foldable bike vs a full size bike way's the pro n con?

Cos nowadays I see alot using foldies to do long distance trips or RTI...

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was wondering getting the foldable bike vs a full size bike way's the pro n con?

Cos nowadays I see alot using foldies to do long distance trips or RTI...
foldable bikes with small rims likely do not have front and back suspensions in order to make it light and compact. thus the ride may not be that comfy over long distances and rough terrants. but the pros is the storage space taken is much less and can carry into public transport like buses and mrt. can also fit into a saloon car easily.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between java zelo v2 n hito x6 the weight seems the same but hito better with disk brake compare to java mechanical breaks?

Spec seems better for x6

CarharttBoy

Reaction score
Hi All, new to cycling here and looking to get a Crius Velocity Disc Break. I am wondering if these specifications for the Crius is worth it at around $700-$700+. Looking to use the bike to go sightseeing around Singapore and some cardio mainly travelling through PCNs and pavements.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Headset - Litepro headset
Handlebar - Litepro light handlebar
Grip - Litepro double lock sponge crip
Brak Crank - AVID FR 5
Disc Brake - AVID BB 5
Cable - Jagwire Oil Cable
Crankset - Litepro squarehole crank + 53T Hollowtech
Pedal - VP aluminum pedal
Wheelset - Litepro 451 AERO wheelset
Tyre - CST City Parkour 451 Tyre and Tube
Seatpost - Litepro Light seatpost
Seat - Light saddle
Chain - YNN9 Speed Chain
Gear Shifter - Shimano M2000 9 Speed
Rear Derailleur - Shimano M370 9 Speed
Cassette - Sunshine 11-23t road cassette

Last edited:

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All, new to cycling here and looking to get a Crius Velocity Disc Break. I am wondering if these specifications for the Crius is worth it at around $700-$700+. Looking to use the bike to go sightseeing around Singapore and some cardio mainly travelling through PCNs and pavements.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Headset - Litepro headset
Handlebar - Litepro light handlebar
Grip - Litepro double lock sponge crip
Brak Crank - AVID FR 5
Disc Brake - AVID BB 5
Cable - Jagwire Oil Cable
Crankset - Litepro squarehole crank + 53T Hollowtech
Pedal - VP aluminum pedal
Wheelset - Litepro 451 AERO wheelset
Tyre - CST City Parkour 451 Tyre and Tube
Seatpost - Litepro Light seatpost
Seat - Light saddle
Chain - YNN9 Speed Chain
Gear Shifter - Shimano M2000 9 Speed
Rear Derailleur - Shimano M370 9 Speed
Cassette - Sunshine 11-23t road cassette

Which dealer you are getting this model from?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.