Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

PattyTheChuggyTrain

Reaction score
I find the stock tires on the threesixty can be quite slippery when the road is wet. possible to change it to the mountain bike type of tires? anyone can recommend where to change it and how much? thanks!
Isn't it harder to cycle with the mountain bike type of tyre?

hellhole

Reaction score
Yeah quite a few people point their lights horizontally instead of down at the ground. I find it hard to believe that they don't know the effect of doing so.
sometimes i dont blame these people too... many people also first time own a bicycle since "kampong days" ... we should have a national level education on these things. there are lot of bikes out there.. and since we have already stop the ebikes from the paths, we should do these education on a national level. maybe a month of bike safety or something. in australia, student have week long bike safety thing , where they are taught how to ride safely

hellhole

Reaction score
I find the stock tires on the threesixty can be quite slippery when the road is wet. possible to change it to the mountain bike type of tires? anyone can recommend where to change it and how much? thanks!
bro.. you can't have the best of both world.

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMG-20210410-195402.jpg

Fenix-BC25-R-Bike-Light-anti-glare-1200x900.jpg

This is 1000 lumens but using neutral white led with beam cut off design. Less glaring compared to white led.

hellhole

Reaction score
this is from bike to see point of view.. did you try to stand where the light is facing you...

and imo.. there are not many places in sg that is so dark...

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually anything more than 200 lumens on pavement and more than 600 lumens on road are overkill. I guess the one who bought 1000 lumens is going into forest where no pedestrian is looking at him.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using 150 lumens all the while.
only tried the 1000 lumens in few occasions like cycling around bt brown cemetery at night and some unlit places

cesc88

Reaction score
Hey peeps! I saw this on the Giant website: Giant Gavia Fondo 2, tubeless, 700x28c (30mm).

I believe 28c is the width of the tire. But what does the (30mm) means?

cron0s

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a folding bike, w/ 20-inch wheels, light weight and can take 80-120kg load weight.
Budget about 1.3K

Any recommendations? Just a casual rider...

memories31

Reaction score
Beginner here looking for first bike, plan to cycle for fun with friends once or twice a month, recently did 100km round island with AnyWheels. Thinking of either Btwin Riverside 100 ($250) or should I go bigger? I saw at Rodalink, Polygon Path 2 ($649) and Marin Fairfax 1 ($649). Is it a lot of difference between these 3 bikes?

Eldarchen

Reaction score
Just bought a Bike Friday, was wondering where I could buy those front bag to install? Any night lights and backlights to recommend? Do I need to install PPF for the bike to prevent scuff marks?

LISAONG

Reaction score
i'm trying to learn how to DIY change chain, bought the chain from lazada

6/7/8 Speed Chain IG51 Shimano Bike Chain MTB 116 Links For Bicycle Replacement​

but the repair man at bike shop said mine is speed 6, he said my chain is 8 so not compatible. tell me buy his chain he said 6 speed and he will replace it, is it true my chain cant use?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.