Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

pylpoh

Reaction score
Likely the case. It’s quite a hassle to do tyre chec
bring your bic to a shop, make sure the mechanic does the checks and pump the tires to the correct psi. just open your wallet and pay can liao. if rim tape is bad, change it. if the rim got sharp nicks, just file it off.

sp0rky

Reaction score
Hi fellow experts. I have a budget of 1k. Can recommend some foldie for me?

I intend to do pcn riding with my friends. I want to be able to go as fast as I can. I don't mind if it's bifold or trifold.

The gear must be adjustable for me to go up slope and can adjust to tight tight for straight road. (sorry I not sure if this is a right request cause I last time only rent bike from ecp to ride). So I'm not sure if 3sixty 6 speed is same as crius velocity 10 speed in terms of gear ratio?

I got friend tell me must change aerowheels. Not sure if thats important.

I also don't mind looking at second hand at carousel.

Gum xia gum xia.. Buy bike like more difficult than buy car...

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
while it can b common, getting it broken after only 20 times is a litle too absurd. are we also saying that foldies have this common problem or is it common for all bikes or because my kid sat behind so it damaged it?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

My foldies rear tyre recently kept getting punctured also for some reason

Already change the inner tube twice liao in the space of the 2 weeks, still trying to find the source of the issue

Checked the tyre but can't seem to find any foreign object that cause the puncture

SyZpzds.jpg

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm looking for a foldie for exercise and some commuting. I'm 189cm tall and 114kg.

After going thru some seller websites, I saw this Hito X Litepro Classic Dolphin 9speed
https://www.passiongadgets.com/hito...tter-tern-crius-fnhon-trinx-java-dahon-kosda/

This seem more wallet friendly for someone my size.

But I can't seem to find any reviews on this model, mostly are either x4 or x6 hito. Anybody have an idea about this bike?

bbqbeans

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to get a budget foldable bike and was wondering if there is any real difference between those less than $200 and those more expensive ones about $300 plus ?

I am just using it for leisure riding.

I am looking at the 2 following models:

https://www.passiongadgets.com/late...icycle-7-speed-shimano-xelo-bike-velo-foldie/

https://shopee.sg/🎉🎉🎉Free-Delivery-...1?sp_atk=a6daa18d-f15e-4bda-92c5-f19de66e36df

I am really a noob at this and really appreciate all good advise.

Preferred budget less than $350.

Thank you in advance.

Super lost

Reaction score
Hi , wanted to ask for advise .. I'm currently weight 136kg and want to get myself a areo road bike .. but some of my said that type of road bike cannot tahan my weight..and some said yes it can and show me that got ppl in my size or even bigger then me also riding on carbon road bike ..so any experts here can give me some advise .

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi , wanted to ask for advise .. I'm currently weight 136kg and want to get myself a areo road bike .. but some of my said that type of road bike cannot tahan my weight..and some said yes it can and show me that got ppl in my size or even bigger then me also riding on carbon road bike ..so any experts here can give me some advise .
In the cycling world cyclist on the heavier side are termed as "Clydes/Athenas"
https://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/1029268-clyde-carbon-fiber-frame.htmlmost have no issues but stronger wheels seems a good idea...

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using a triban 100 xl from decathlon. I find the wheels rather slippery and i want to change to a thicker and non road bike type.

separately, i have a back seat for kid and i intend to put a front one too to pillion another kid.

anyone know if there’s a gd outside shop that does the wheels n seat? decathlon says they got no solution for the front seat.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using a triban 100 xl from decathlon. I find the wheels rather slippery and i want to change to a thicker and non road bike type.

separately, i have a back seat for kid and i intend to put a front one too to pillion another kid.

anyone know if there’s a gd outside shop that does the wheels n seat? decathlon says they got no solution for the front seat.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
try reducing the tires air pressure. i also find mine slippery but after i lowered the air pressure, it feels acceptable now. just make sure it is still within the tire's acceptable pressure range.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try reducing the tires air pressure. i also find mine slippery but after i lowered the air pressure, it feels acceptable now. just make sure it is still within the tire's acceptable pressure range.

i use a manual pump. alamak. sigh.

separately i had a bad experience with my foldie bike. put a 23kg kid behind n i suspect it caused the burst of the inner tube. so i dunno if really shld pump too low.

in any case, since i pump manual, i think it shouldnt b too high ba, so it shouldnt cause any more slip. i will monitor this issue.

but really, got lobang to get thicker tyre n front sear?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

baconpok

Reaction score
$488,questionable no name frame base/fork i would say nope not worth it :sick:
I only did some research on the shimano stuff listed~

have no idea the frame base/fork matters as well

any recommendations what i could get for that price point?

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only did some research on the shimano stuff listed~

have no idea the frame base/fork matters as well

any recommendations what i could get for that price point?
$500 look for Scott/Merida/Giant hardtails? i know Scott usually have end year warehouse sales sometimes so that could be a route if they have heavy discounts to clear older models ^^

baconpok

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.