Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

snowcrash

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a foldable bicycle for 1.8m+ adult? Thank you.

Usage: casual riding at pcn and to nearby mall/supermarket

Check out those foldable shops that allow you to swap out to a longer seatpost at purchase... example mobot or Liaoge

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , care to enlighten and guide along . I'm looking to get a rear wheel replacement for my btwin riverside 500 . Anywhere where online or shop I could get a good and affordable one . It's a 21-622 wheel . thanks

Bicycle specs according to link
https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8392092-...p-hybrid-bike-grey-red.html?c=6094#/26-size-s
Hello. I'm looking for something like thsi too. May I know if you managed to find the wheels?

Anyone knows where to find such a wheel?

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking for something like thsi too. May I know if you managed to find the wheels?

Anyone knows where to find such a wheel?
the wheel diameter is usually called 700c or 29 inch? when buying the right diameter must take note of a few things
a) O.L.D must match your frame? Road bikes typically 130mm while MTB/Cyclocross 135mm - this is usually for QR or nut style securing of wheel to frame else
b) "Boost" or thru axles have longer O.L.D and frames can only tale one type of "wheel secure mechanism" i.e QR, nut or thru axel type so again confirm what your frame can take (previous wheel is a sure thing also)
c) the "21" part in your example refers to the width of the wheel? road bikes cannot take too fat wheels cos would rub against brakes haha

Decathlon got sell 700c/29" wheels IIRC

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the wheel diameter is usually called 700c or 29 inch? when buying the right diameter must take note of a few things
a) O.L.D must match your frame? Road bikes typically 130mm while MTB/Cyclocross 135mm - this is usually for QR or nut style securing of wheel to frame else
b) "Boost" or thru axles have longer O.L.D and frames can only tale one type of "wheel secure mechanism" i.e QR, nut or thru axel type so again confirm what your frame can take (previous wheel is a sure thing also)
c) the "21" part in your example refers to the width of the wheel? road bikes cannot take too fat wheels cos would rub against brakes haha

Decathlon got sell 700c/29" wheels IIRC
to be precise, its 21 is the width of the rim. What is O.L.D ?

their 700cc wheels always out of stocks and are thinner for road bikes, although it could fit hybrids too.

Last edited:

KayElf

Reaction score
Would like to start with a simple casual bike mainly to bring my child around. Need a child seat. Is it recommended to get foldable bicycle with child seat? Any good shop around Sengkang area?

Did some research, there is this Phoenix brand from China. And also Decathlon has few selections. Any other recommendation?

snowcrash

Reaction score
Would like to start with a simple casual bike mainly to bring my child around. Need a child seat. Is it recommended to get foldable bicycle with child seat? Any good shop around Sengkang area?

Did some research, there is this Phoenix brand from China. And also Decathlon has few selections. Any other recommendation?

Try google for liao ge bikes... can fix child seats. bi fold or simple mtb for child seat is possible.

sour20

Reaction score
Does anyone knows if I should use a dry lubricant or an oil type one for my bicycle chain? And any recommendation for some value picks?

Mostly cycling around PCN and normal walkways. Will try not to cycle when it rains, but then again, can't avoid splashes though.

rerear

Reaction score
Is there any difference between Aceoffix and 3sixty? Seems Aceoffix usually costs more.

l3ernardpang

Reaction score
Letting go of my Polygon Heist X2 hybrid bicycle bought March 2022 @ SGD350, anyone interested can PM me.

PS : sorry new here, not sure posting here is it appropriate thread. If is not allow, mod please remove or move to correct section. Sorry and thanks in advance.

atanbh91

Reaction score
Anyone cycles to office? Like at least 1 hr journey that kind, full cycling kit go office shower and change to office wear that kind haha.
Do you have 1 kit for home to office, and then bring along 1 more kit for office to home? The morning kit sweaty liao just put in plastic bag to 'rot' during the day? I'm seriously considering cycling to office and now thinking about the logistics of doing so.

ChronoCross

Reaction score
Anyone cycles to office? Like at least 1 hr journey that kind, full cycling kit go office shower and change to office wear that kind haha.
Do you have 1 kit for home to office, and then bring along 1 more kit for office to home? The morning kit sweaty liao just put in plastic bag to 'rot' during the day? I'm seriously considering cycling to office and now thinking about the logistics of doing so.
I think u can consider an ebike.. Maybe no need to shower.

hellhole

Reaction score

if you dont work weekend. try it out on a weekend. if the traffic is very heavy even for weekend.. maybe you will reconsider.

i will try to get to work earlier than usualy..1) so that there will be less traffic, 2) incase it rains , bike problem and what not. not in a hurry 3) facilities will be unlikely be used at that early.

if you just use water to 'wash' it a bit. dry it out. lay it on a towel then wrap it with the towel. put in a zip lock ( can reuse) and put out all the air before you close it. its not too bad actaully... unless you got special smell lah.. that i cannot help.

having some deodorant in office will help. a bag with your office cloths in a zip lock bag will be easy enough to carry. shoes probably will be the most problematic. if need dress shoes. i will leave my shoes in office. or you can look at getting a 'triathon transiiton bag" or that kind. that can store shoes and wet stuff. have fun.... give it week try... then you will find out what you can and cannot do

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One kit , journey is about 10 km around 25 mins

I sometimes leave it hanging and dry

iphone88

Reaction score
Trying my luck here.

Just got a 3sixty from carousell last week.
Found out that the chain will jump out for a while when I cycle at the maximum gear.
Left shifter(external gear) is 1, right shifter(internal gear) is 1.

The chain is ok if the left shifter(external gear) become 2.
Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.