Ask me any questions - Part 2

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Difference in price isn't much. A dollar or 2. Rapid offers reserved seats and there's luggage rack (need to be early) rapid is also faster as there's less stops.

Choose what works.

https://www.osakastation.com/the-na...ress-rapit-services-for-kansai-airport-namba/

u sure? rapit is 1340yen, local express is 920yen, that is 420yen difference, abt $4. for a family of 4, that is $16. The travel time and frequency do not justify the costs.

also as the airport is a terminal, there r plenty of seats on trains, so seat reservations are unnecessary.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u sure? rapit is 1340yen, local express is 920yen, that is 420yen difference, abt $4. for a family of 4, that is $16. The travel time and frequency do not justify the costs.

also as the airport is a terminal, there r plenty of seats on trains, so seat reservations are unnecessary.
I bought through klook. $11.25

Return is $21.

klookhttps://s.klook.com/c/59zdpz

broskel

Reaction score
Want to ask for hotel recommendation at Furano/Asahikawa? Want to drive from Sapporo and do some pit stop along the way. Planning to visit areas around Biei, Ningle terrace, blue pond and Asahiyama Zoo

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Planning for my 3 weeks tour around kanto region

Thinking of spending
• 3 - 4 days : Yokohama, Kamakura
• 3 - 4 days : Sendai, Matushima Bay
• 3 - 4 days : Nikko, Utsunomiya

and last remaining 5 days in Tokyo.

Anywhere else should i visit within the Kanto region or Tohoku region? :s12:

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning for my 3 weeks tour around kanto region

Thinking of spending
• 3 - 4 days : Yokohama, Kamakura
• 3 - 4 days : Sendai, Matushima Bay
• 3 - 4 days : Nikko, Utsunomiya

and last remaining 5 days in Tokyo.

Anywhere else should i visit within the Kanto region or Tohoku region? :s12:
Are you getting the JR Pass?

If you are getting the JR pass, you can base yourself in Sendai for more days. Karuizawa, Yamadera, and Naruko Gorge + Genbikei are places you can consider (from Sendai). Aomori is really nice too but it may be a bit too far for you.

I did Matsushima in one evening, just to make use of the pass. Only went to the Entsuin Temple.
Also did Fukushima in half a day. Didn't have time to do much then.

I feel you can pretty much do Yokohama in a day. Maybe you want to base yourself in Kawasaki. I find there are more things to do and see and eat at Kawasaki at night as compared to Yokohama.

You can use Sendai as a base. I find it similar to Kawasaki in terms of accessibility and things to do, see and eat at night.

huattoeat

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to go jippunland sometime in sept/oct. First time, going alone. Duration should be around 10-12 days.

Should i go both osaka and tokyo and just stay one region? I mainly enjoy see sights (like park, aqaurium, zoo, flowers). Which region better?

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Are you getting the JR Pass?

If you are getting the JR pass, you can base yourself in Sendai for more days. Karuizawa, Yamadera, and Naruko Gorge + Genbikei are places you can consider (from Sendai). Aomori is really nice too but it may be a bit too far for you.

I did Matsushima in one evening, just to make use of the pass. Only went to the Entsuin Temple.
Also did Fukushima in half a day. Didn't have time to do much then.

I feel you can pretty much do Yokohama in a day. Maybe you want to base yourself in Kawasaki. I find there are more things to do and see and eat at Kawasaki at night as compared to Yokohama.

You can use Sendai as a base. I find it similar to Kawasaki in terms of accessibility and things to do, see and eat at night.

Yep. Planning to get the JR pass.

Thanks for recommendations.
I thought of kawasaki. But when I refer to Japan guide. Seems like nothing much to do. :s13:

Perhaps must do abit more research.

I skip Fukushima. :(

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep. Planning to get the JR pass.

Thanks for recommendations.
I thought of kawasaki. But when I refer to Japan guide. Seems like nothing much to do. :s13:

Perhaps must do abit more research.

I skip Fukushima. :(
yup, nothing much in Kawasaki. But it's easy access to places in Tokyo and Yokohama.

And there are activities at night. You can walk around at 10pm and still find (plenty of) food.

I've stayed in a few places in Tokyo before. Stayed in Asakusa and Ueno for my recent trips. When going back at night or wanting to just walk around at 8pm, 9pm, the areas are quiet. But it's always buzzling at Kawasaki.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go jippunland sometime in sept/oct. First time, going alone. Duration should be around 10-12 days.

Should i go both osaka and tokyo and just stay one region? I mainly enjoy see sights (like park, aqaurium, zoo, flowers). Which region better?
Depends on your budget. Shinkansen both ways but cheap. Both places can have day trips. Which have your explored less? Ask chatgpt to suggest itinerary and see what you like.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo18/180928_alpine.html
Think @Gixxerfied has brought his 3yo child to Alpine Route before?

Yup, went on 20th Oct 2019..Lovely place..Going again this year around 25th Oct..ya, back then almost 3yo

NDDER5E.jpg

3F9yuCQ.jpg

Last edited:

Dreaming

Reaction score
My flight arrive Osaka at 21:10. Does anyone know whether i will be able to make it for naikai airport line?

IMANOOB

Reaction score
hi everyone, the sakura forecasts are getting crazier.

I have scheduled a tohoku sakura trip with my wife from 23rd to 28th April, which is supposed to cover morioka kakunodate, hirosaki, and hakodate.

But everyday the weather report predicts an even earlier blooms.

what do?

my current itinerary looks like this

23rd Osaka - Morioka ( Stop at Hitachinaka, arrive Morioka Evening 2133)
24th Morioka : Kakunodate and Kitakami Tenshochi if possible
25th Morioka - Stop by Hirosaki til sunset - Overnight Odate
26th Odate - Hirosaki second sunset
27th Odate - Hakodate ( arrive 1250)
28th Hakodate - Tokyo ( Arrive late)

I am planning to revise it to this:

23rd Osaka - Morioka
24th Morioka ( Stop by Kakunodate), late noon transfer to Odate
25th Odate - Hirosaki, overnight Odate
26th Odate - Hakodate
27th Hakodate
28th Hakodate - Tokyo

I am using a 7 day JR Pass. I am seriously considering to cut morioka, but.. Kakunodate is pretty nice... If it were me, i might just start my tohoku trip by going to Odate 3D2N, then Hakodate 4D3N. It's slowly going to my mind. But I can't justify staying in Hakodate for 4D3N..

I am stressed about this forecast. Is kishou reliable?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.