Status
Not open for further replies.

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm what's there at night at hiroshima ah?
dk what to do after miyajima cos it's either take the jetty straight back to my hotel (grand prince hotel, got 1 jetty right below) and it's still quite early like 6+ only...
or take the other jetty to the west side of hiroshima

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm what's there at night at hiroshima ah?
dk what to do after miyajima cos it's either take the jetty straight back to my hotel (grand prince hotel, got 1 jetty right below) and it's still quite early like 6+ only...
or take the other jetty to the west side of hiroshima

can visit hondori shopping street and eat at okonomiyaki village

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm liddat means i go back to hotel then travel up there...alright thx~

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright, this is what happened:

We went to Shinjuku Mylord 13F okonomiyaki restaurant and had the worst service of our trips in the last decade. Here's the restaurant as reviewed at eat like a cow: Pasutakan - Mylord Shinjuku, Tokyo

Arrived at 7pm on Friday night. Only a few tables were filled. No line, no queue. The other restaurants have queues lining up.

As usual we were greeted in Japanese and we asked for a table for 3. I was given the menu and thought that as the place is empty, she can give us a table rightaway. Wrong. We were told to wait outside and give her a moment.

She looked unhappy that we were standing while waiting outside. She directed us to a bunch of chairs and told us to sit down. I was a bit puzzled and told her that we don't mind standing since no one is around anyway. She looks pissed and was quite adamant. We followed her and sat down.

By this time, my daughter was a bit cranky and played around with the chairs in the waiting area. After only like 10secs, she greeted us again in Japanese and welcomed us to come in. She saw the chairs slightly messy and told us to arrange them back. By this time, I was quite furious but still maintained my calm. I just said I don't understand and she rushed and frustratingly arranged the chairs herself. One would think it's smooth sailing all the way to the dinner table. Wrong.

She then told us that we need to order 3 main courses and 3 drinks. I told her my daughter is only 3 years old and she can't eat a lot. Again she's visually pissed and negotiated us to order 2 main courses and 3 drinks. I said ok but do you have fruit juice? No. Only coke, mocktails, etc. WTF?! I told her she cant have sugar at dinner time and negotiated for 2 main courses, 1 side order, and 2 drinks. Alright. Case closed. End of story? Wrong.

She then said that she only have a table for 2 inside. I was shocked. The place was almost empty. I told her my daughter can't be sitting too close to the hot grill! She's only 3! By this time, my blood was hotter than the grill. I said what happened to other tables? They are all empty so why can't you give us a bigger one. Without a slight of guilt, she replied they are all fully booked and reserved.

Without giving her another chance, we returned back the menu to her and walked away. I am not sure if she's a local or PRC origin but I'll never step into that place again. A pity though as the food is not bad. I also regretted not knowing her good name.

I only know they have no sharing rule - had a hard time explaining to the japanese owner of a don shop at nara or kyoto that my Muslim friend can't eat anything from the menu. At long last she finally understood. And so that was also one of the reason why I didn't eat in shops instead often buy from conbini or fast food and eat in hostel

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright, this is what happened:

We went to Shinjuku Mylord 13F okonomiyaki restaurant and had the worst service of our trips in the last decade. Here's the restaurant as reviewed at eat like a cow: Pasutakan - Mylord Shinjuku, Tokyo

Arrived at 7pm on Friday night. Only a few tables were filled. No line, no queue. The other restaurants have queues lining up.

As usual we were greeted in Japanese and we asked for a table for 3. I was given the menu and thought that as the place is empty, she can give us a table rightaway. Wrong. We were told to wait outside and give her a moment.

She looked unhappy that we were standing while waiting outside. She directed us to a bunch of chairs and told us to sit down. I was a bit puzzled and told her that we don't mind standing since no one is around anyway. She looks pissed and was quite adamant. We followed her and sat down.

By this time, my daughter was a bit cranky and played around with the chairs in the waiting area. After only like 10secs, she greeted us again in Japanese and welcomed us to come in. She saw the chairs slightly messy and told us to arrange them back. By this time, I was quite furious but still maintained my calm. I just said I don't understand and she rushed and frustratingly arranged the chairs herself. One would think it's smooth sailing all the way to the dinner table. Wrong.

She then told us that we need to order 3 main courses and 3 drinks. I told her my daughter is only 3 years old and she can't eat a lot. Again she's visually pissed and negotiated us to order 2 main courses and 3 drinks. I said ok but do you have fruit juice? No. Only coke, mocktails, etc. WTF?! I told her she cant have sugar at dinner time and negotiated for 2 main courses, 1 side order, and 2 drinks. Alright. Case closed. End of story? Wrong.

She then said that she only have a table for 2 inside. I was shocked. The place was almost empty. I told her my daughter can't be sitting too close to the hot grill! She's only 3! By this time, my blood was hotter than the grill. I said what happened to other tables? They are all empty so why can't you give us a bigger one. Without a slight of guilt, she replied they are all fully booked and reserved.

Without giving her another chance, we returned back the menu to her and walked away. I am not sure if she's a local or PRC origin but I'll never step into that place again. A pity though as the food is not bad. I also regretted not knowing her good name.

I looked up tabelog... the Shinjuku branch of Pasutakan only has a score of 2.99. That score is highly mediocre.
新宿ぱすたかん - 新宿/お好み焼き [食べログ]

joeson

Reaction score
Hachiko reunited with owner

oo, saw this article about a new statue at University of Tokyo, showing Hachiko being reunited with his owner.

worth a look if you're a fan/in the area?

Hachiko

Vismark

Reaction score
Would like to check for the Narita Express train to Narita Airport, is there a area to put our luggage or we will have it beside our seat during the travelling.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is an area to put your things in between the carriages

it is kinda first come first serve

Vismark

Reaction score
there is an area to put your things in between the carriages

it is kinda first come first serve

Oh.. okay.
Then for the train ride, if we buy the ticket we will be allocate to a specific cabin seat? Or its like singapore mrt go in any cabin and look for seat?

trojanguy

Reaction score
how much do i need to spend if we are a family with 1 kid going japan? can i budget 1k for everything?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh.. okay.
Then for the train ride, if we buy the ticket we will be allocate to a specific cabin seat? Or its like singapore mrt go in any cabin and look for seat?

NEX is all reserved seats, so during ticket buying, you have to pick your seats.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much do i need to spend if we are a family with 1 kid going japan? can i budget 1k for everything?

what does it mean by "everything"? For what duration and what itinerary?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u need to provide more details before we can advise.
where u going?
how many days?
wat does the 1k cover? food? hotel? transport?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to check for the Narita Express train to Narita Airport, is there a area to put our luggage or we will have it beside our seat during the travelling.

Narita Express normally because of the price, It is rarely full.

So very likely next to your seat will be empty to put luggage. My experience so far~ :)

If you take "Green" even more empty like 10% full.

Vismark

Reaction score
NEX is all reserved seats, so during ticket buying, you have to pick your seats.

Oh.. okay, thats good to hear.
So I will have to go to the seat cabin allocated for me to wait right?
Japan train will move off zhun zhun on the dot de hor, so better to be there 10 minutes before they depart?

Narita Express normally because of the price, It is rarely full.

So very likely next to your seat will be empty to put luggage. My experience so far~ :)

If you take "Green" even more empty like 10% full.

Oh isit? Haha okay.

My return flight is 20.50, I checked for Shinagawa station 16.23, 16.53,17.27 and 17.53
Any suggestion for which timing should I take?
Edit: I just tried to buy next month see, the timing from Shinagawa to Narita need at least 1hr and different timing varies too xD
I think for me best will be 16.23 or 16.53?

And I can buy online right? But cause I see the option got traveler with JRP,JEP or JKP. What does it mean and which one do I choose?

Oh ya, and also any other option to go Narita other then taking NEX?
Cause I think I will be staying at Shinagawa area since there got both Haneda airport and Narita airport train. My arrival airport is at Haneda.
Not yet book my hotel but currently is looking at Toyoko Inn Shinagawa the one near the station causes looks very convinient. Total 4 pax.
So I calculate for the NEX train total cost will be 12760Yen for 4 pax, roughly $146 with current exchange rate. Is there any other better choice for me? Other area accomodation also don mind, but mainly would prefer it to be convinient for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.