Status
Not open for further replies.

moisuperman

Master Member
Reaction score

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, are the electronics stuff cheaper in japan? Heading over to Tokyo . Eg. Ipad , computer parts? Or is there anything that is significantly cheaper? Eg. Branded bags

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT

branded bag like Burberry blue label, Agnes B, Samatha Thevesa, Issey Miyake will be cheaper there.
but think not a good idea to get issey miyake bag now, coz in sg it is everywhere (mostly fake though :p )

moisuperman

Master Member
Reaction score
i read the power socket is it different from sg , do we need some sort of transformer ? hmmmm

appledabble

Reaction score
Anybody knows the price of shiseido fuente vita voltage shampoo 1000ml refill pack? Where can I get it in Tokyo and Osaka respectively please? Thanks

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read the power socket is it different from sg , do we need some sort of transformer ? hmmmm

Most likely need adapter as theirs if two pin. Can't take our the pin.

Transformer needed or not depends on device. Need to look at voltage info Japan very unique at 100 volts.

alonerboy

Reaction score
hi, first time travelling to japan. will be going to tokyo late oct-early nov for 7 days.

1) is 7 days in tokyo too long and boring?
2) any budget hotel ard $50/night to recommend? which area should I stay in?
3) any must go see/eat places etc?
4) do I need a JR pass? if I plan to go kyoto? or any other places I should go besides kyoto?

thanks in advance!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, first time travelling to japan. will be going to tokyo late oct-early nov for 7 days.

1) is 7 days in tokyo too long and boring?>>just nice if you do a bit of day trip
2) any budget hotel ard $50/night to recommend? which area should I stay in?>>stay near Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Ueno or any Yamanote line stations
3) any must go see/eat places etc?>>lots, pick your choice http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html
4) do I need a JR pass? if I plan to go kyoto? or any other places I should go besides kyoto?>>7days no point to go so far. Just concentrate Tokyo and Kanto area will do.

thanks in advance!
My take marked with >>>

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

4) do I need a JR pass? if I plan to go kyoto? or any other places I should go besides kyoto?

thanks in advance!

7 days for tokyo is just right. can include 1-2 days to lake kawaguchi to see mount fuji or nearby places such as yokohama or kamakura

dun need JR pass if it is just tokyo and nearby places. with only 7 days, u dun really have time for kyoto. it is also very far and expensive to travel to kyoto and back.

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
my maiden trip was 8 days and we spent all our times within tokyo metropolitan, still there were quite a few places we didn't cover enough. so don't ever think that 7days are too long for tokyo.

if you are traveling alone, $50/night can only land you in some capsule hotel or dorm with communal bathroom. if you going with at least another friend, $100/night is sufficient for those 2/3 stars hotels but likely not at popular places like shinjuku. we stayed in the area of ningyocho (人形町), the semi double hotel room costs only S$90-100/night.

since you will only be within tokyo, just get their subway stored value card (eg pasmo or suica) will do.

thanks in advance!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be touching down at haneda this Sunday about 10pm. Any idea agar agar how long can we clear immigration? Booked a hotel at shinjuku, can reach there before 12am? What is the cheapest option to get from haneda to shinjuku station?

Sent from an offshore drilling platform somewhere using GAGT

Last train out from Haneda is 00:02, reaching Shinjuku at 00:40. You have to change line at Shinagawa by leaving Keikyu line and to take Yamanote line to Shinjuku.

cheapest is train, 610yen

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask noob question, those ramen ticket machine. To buy more than one bowl have to buy one at a time or there's button to get 2 tickets?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask noob question, those ramen ticket machine. To buy more than one bowl have to buy one at a time or there's button to get 2 tickets?
buy 1 bowl at a time. as long as got enough $$$ inserted, u can press the button 2 times for 2 bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.