Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

1) intend to drive from narita airport to mt fuji/lake kawaguchi/hakone. whats the estimated toll charges? is there a must to rent the etc card from the car rental company? any cheap car rental company to recommend please?

2) after that will return the car at Shinjuku. isit worthwhile to buy a keisei subway pass for 3 days? or should I get a jr pass to travel around Tokyo? http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway.html
I have 3 days and intend to travel to shibuya, ikebukuro, ginza then last stop ueno and back to narita airport.

1) how about renting from hakone/fuji area instead? unless u have place to visit along the way

2) just use a store-value card (eg. SUICA). the places u are going requires a mix of JR trains and subways. subway pass will not be able to cover all rides. JR pass not going to be worth it also coz it is relatively cheap to travel within the city.

alonerboy

Reaction score
1) how about renting from hakone/fuji area instead? unless u have place to visit along the way

2) just use a store-value card (eg. SUICA). the places u are going requires a mix of JR trains and subways. subway pass will not be able to cover all rides. JR pass not going to be worth it also coz it is relatively cheap to travel within the city.

once I touched down in narita, I plan to drive straight to hakone/Fuji area. my car rental is around sgd$80/day for pick up in narita and drop off in Shinjuku. is it more cost efficient to do this factoring petrol,toll etc? only 2 pax travelling. or should I take bus/train from narita to hakone/Fuji then to Shinjuku?

if I use suica, how much will it cost for me to go from ueno to narita airport? my last day will be at ueno.

lastly, whr can I get a sim card? I will be there for 7 days. is u-mobile good? http://sg.simjapan.com/ or iijmio is good?
thanks a lot :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
once I touched down in narita, I plan to drive straight to hakone/Fuji area. my car rental is around sgd$80/day for pick up in narita and drop off in Shinjuku. is it more cost efficient to do this factoring petrol,toll etc? only 2 pax travelling. or should I take bus/train from narita to hakone/Fuji then to Shinjuku?

if I use suica, how much will it cost for me to go from ueno to narita airport? my last day will be at ueno.

lastly, whr can I get a sim card? I will be there for 7 days. is u-mobile good? http://sg.simjapan.com/ or iijmio is good?
thanks a lot :)

u will have to calculate the distance travelled and fuel cost to see which is cheaper. i havent driven that route, so no idea wat is the toll.

from ueno to narita airport via keisei line is about 1000yen on the normal train, and about 2500yen on the faster skyliner.

there are a few threads on sim cards. u can do a search on those. i dun use data when i travel, so no idea :o

gambitgoh

Reaction score
hi going to kyoto straight from kansai airport on my first day. other then paying the one way train ticket ¥3,570 to there or buy the day jr pass? cause i will just explore at kyoto station area at the first day. thanks

mngedo

Reaction score
Repost Question

Hi everyone!

I hope that someone (dimitri_can) is able to offer me advice!

I will be travelling to Osaka/Kyoto in November and as it is the peak period, many hotels are already sold out at this time. I have not done any research on the itinerary and is going to secure the hotels first. I have initially planned for 2 nights in Kyoto and have already booked 1 night in a Ryokan in Gion area (btw is this location safe?) The stay is quite expensive at about SGD 140 per night for single room. I was thinking to move to another cheaper hotel for 2nd night But I am not sure if it will be worth the hassle? I found a second hotel that is located in Central Kyoto.

Or should I just return to Osaka for the night? if there are any exploration to do after I check out of Ryokan, I can leave my luggage and pick it up later maybe during the evening. So in Kyoto I will have 1.5 day.

Let me know your comments? Thank you and much appreciated!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I hope that someone (dimitri_can) is able to offer me advice!

I will be travelling to Osaka/Kyoto in November and as it is the peak period, many hotels are already sold out at this time. I have not done any research on the itinerary and is going to secure the hotels first. I have initially planned for 2 nights in Kyoto and have already booked 1 night in a Ryokan in Gion area (btw is this location safe?) The stay is quite expensive at about SGD 140 per night for single room. I was thinking to move to another cheaper hotel for 2nd night But I am not sure if it will be worth the hassle? I found a second hotel that is located in Central Kyoto.

Or should I just return to Osaka for the night? if there are any exploration to do after I check out of Ryokan, I can leave my luggage and pick it up later maybe during the evening. So in Kyoto I will have 1.5 day.

Let me know your comments? Thank you and much appreciated!

how about just base ur stay in Osaka throughout and make day trips to Kyoto? easier to find cheaper accommodations in Osaka, and it is only 30min from Osaka to Kyoto

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi going to kyoto straight from kansai airport on my first day. other then paying the one way train ticket ¥3,570 to there or buy the day jr pass? cause i will just explore at kyoto station area at the first day. thanks

If u take the normal line, it might be cheaper, bout 1800 yen only

slowchemical

Reaction score
May i know where can i get the IIJmio data sim (2GB) as I'm arriving in Narita Airport Tokyo. I will be staying in Shinjuku.

Many thanks !

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yodobashi and Bic Camera both have the one level one receipt policy afaik

MrLimPehSay

Reaction score
Ish it too late to go skiing in mid Feb? Where is a good place to ski in jaapan

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ish it too late to go skiing in mid Feb? Where is a good place to ski in jaapan

are you beginner or already know how to ski. niseko is ok in mid feb, been there once in early jan and early march. ski season up north doesnt end until apr. not sure about nagano side though, presumably earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.