Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Soros

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all expert,

wnt to ask something.

intend to go Kyoto (arashiyama forest and sagano train trip) day trip and Nara day trip.it will be 2 day trip.
my airbnb stay at osaka will be at Sakuragawa station.

based on google map,most show JR train to reach arashiyama,but somewhere i saw is hankyu hansin line.should i buy JR kansai area pass cost 4300yen for 2 day so i can include in Nara Park/?
or just take hankyu hansin line with more flexibility and cost 400yen from umeda to arashiyama?

thks

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all expert,

wnt to ask something.

intend to go Kyoto (arashiyama forest and sagano train trip) day trip and Nara day trip.it will be 2 day trip.
my airbnb stay at osaka will be at Sakuragawa station.

based on google map,most show JR train to reach arashiyama,but somewhere i saw is hankyu hansin line.should i buy JR kansai area pass cost 4300yen for 2 day so i can include in Nara Park/?
or just take hankyu hansin line with more flexibility and cost 400yen from umeda to arashiyama?

thks

arishimaya and nara alone dun need pass... if u stay umeda area. the other areas i dunno.

Wuming85

Reaction score
Hi, need urgent help. Preparing to get pre-paid data card on upcoming trip to Japan and using XiaoMi Redmi Note.

Looking at specification, it is only GSM, and not CDMA. Does anyone help confirm Xiaomi Redmi Note wont work over in Japan?

Thanks.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need urgent help. Preparing to get pre-paid data card on upcoming trip to Japan and using XiaoMi Redmi Note.

Looking at specification, it is only GSM, and not CDMA. Does anyone help confirm Xiaomi Redmi Note wont work over in Japan?

Thanks.
The surest way is to check out on your targeted SIM's company approved phone list.

Check if your Note 3G supports 2100Mhz or 800Mhz bands or not If yes then high chance can work on the Docomo(FOMA) network.

Last edited:

deardear85

Reaction score
I wanna ask. me going to japan for 15 days. from tokyo to osaka to disney to tokyo. shd i buy 14 days JR pass or 7 days JR pass?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 day should be enough

you need to plan the days u travel between Tokyo and Osaka as the dates are fixed by you and is consecutive days

audlim

Reaction score
Is it advisable to go to Japan during CNY period? Not sure if they celebrate CNY and the stores will be close on 8-9th feb? I'm looking to cover Tokyo/Takayama/Hiroshima/ Kyoto ..

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it advisable to go to Japan during CNY period? Not sure if they celebrate CNY and the stores will be close on 8-9th feb? I'm looking to cover Tokyo/Takayama/Hiroshima/ Kyoto ..
CNY is fine

they actually have some CNY stuff going in their retail area as to the influx of tourist from China

some stores even go as far as to target tourist with CNY 福袋 iirc

do expect to see quite a number of Singaporeans and other tourist from nations where the holiday is celebrated :s13:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is this you first visit to Tokyo? If not then better try other main sights. But if you are a repeat visitor, its a good choice but you must prepare to walk for a long time. The cemetery has plenty of Sakura trees(and large crows), so I can imagine its popular place during hanami season.

If you stay in Ueno are and u have a gap time to spend, its can be a refreshing stroll in a quiet neighborhood.

Eidekos

Reaction score
Any tips travelling from december 19 to january 4? its winter and its cold. also the holiday season.

planning to go gala yuzawa, snow monkeys, shirakawa go, osaka, kyoto, miyajima and tokyo. base city is tokyo as i am staying in my friend flat.

thanks

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this you first visit to Tokyo? If not then better try other main sights. But if you are a repeat visitor, its a good choice but you must prepare to walk for a long time. The cemetery has plenty of Sakura trees(and large crows), so I can imagine its popular place during hanami season.

If you stay in Ueno are and u have a gap time to spend, its can be a refreshing stroll in a quiet neighborhood.

Repeat for me. First for my son. Going end nov. Not too keen on long walks, old already. Thanks.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any tips travelling from december 19 to january 4? its winter and its cold. also the holiday season.

planning to go gala yuzawa, snow monkeys, shirakawa go, osaka, kyoto, miyajima and tokyo. base city is tokyo as i am staying in my friend flat.

thanks

if u are going to based in tokyo, it is going to be difficult if not impossible to visit shirakawa go, osaka, kyoto, miyajima as day trips coz these places are too far away. for example, osaka is about 3hrs by train, and miyajima is about 5hrs.

u can base urself in osaka for a few days to visit osaka, kyoto and miyajima

Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm seeking some suggestions to finalise the details especially on the day of visit.

Eastern kyoto full day
Ginkakuji
Philosopher path
Eikando
Nanzenji
Keage
Heian shrine
Yasaka shrines
Kodaiji
Higashiyama Street
Kiyomizudera
Gion

Arashiyama full day

Monkey Park
Togetsukyo bridge
Tenryuji
Bamboo groves
Jojakkoji
Gioji
Otagi nenbutsuji
Daikakuji

Northern kyoto

Kinkakuji
Ryoanji
Ninnaji
Daitokuji

Nara
Isuien garden
Todaiji temple
Kofukuji temple
Yoshikien garden

Osaka

USJ

Shitennoji temple
Hozen temple
Namba Park

Osaka station city
Grand front osaka
Floating garden
Hep five ferris wheel

Shinsaibashi
Dotonbori
Tenjimbashisuji shopping street
Namba Yasaka shrine

Anyway to put nijo n himeji castles into any of the trip? Worth to get the wide pass? I was thinking to go himeji castle after checking in the hostel :(

To be updated...

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

Last edited:

danekanr

Reaction score
Hello all,

I will be arriving on 7th Nov, 930am. Me and buddy will be trying to catch the 1PM J League match at Kashiwa Hitachi Stadium.
Will there be lockers for our luggages at the train station?

I've checked the schedules on HyperDia, takes about 70mins to get from Haneda to Kashiwa... we should have enough time.
Anybody over there now willing to help me purchase tickets from Lawson? :D

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does the jr kanto area pass cover the JR line to kamakura? from the official website the map didnt cover it but on other japan website kamakura is included?:s11:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 question, 1 qns which I am unable to find my answer in the web and the other 2nd question just to make confirmation.

1) I am arriving in Haneda Airport but I need to pick up my friends in Narita Airport on the same day.
I am aware that there is a Limousine bus pass from Haneda to town and back to Haneda airport, its a 2 ways pass valid for 14 days.
Does anyone know if I could use this pass and travel to Narita Airport on the first day instead of going to town? And the return pass to Haneda after 10 days.

2) Anyone know what is the cheapest option to purchase Puroland & Tokyo Disneyland tickets?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.