Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot! but would it be worth it if i combine the JR kanto pass and all-nikko pass? would the JR kanto pass be any worthy for the stay during tokyo?

Yes im staying over at utsunomiya for 2 nights and going to explore around nikko.

kanto area pass is not worth the money for within Tokyo travelling. The JR yamanote is not expensive per ride.

See the coverage
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html

BioProEng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone help advice....

cause i will be at kyoto for new year, which temple might be good for the bell ringing thingy?

new year good to do what? i bw with my mum and sis... intend to let them wear the kimono rental, then go inari shrine, then walk the old street.

after maybe find a decent restaurant (hopefully about sgd 50+ per pax), for a god cny dinner. any recommendation? think need to pre-book place?

layang89

Reaction score
if you can , its always better to buy in advance. Unless you are undecided or weather kind of freaky, otherwise just buy.
Hi cpuer

Do you have any experience booking the Fujigoko Enjoy Ticket (4350 yen) in advance ? Cant seem to find this info.

Appreciate anyone who brought before to advise :)

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Don Quixote. (Donkei hotei)

Another cheap alternative is 100 yen store. They also have multiple plug adaptor for a few hundred yen

hah thanks.. need to search for don quixote near the area then ... last time stay there didnt see any tho. mostly department stores :(

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hah thanks.. need to search for don quixote near the area then ... last time stay there didnt see any tho. mostly department stores :(

i usually bring along one of this
215x215_3wayadaptor1.jpg

And a local to UK adapter.

For longer term, this can be a good investment:

https://youtu.be/F88h2lBjgFo?t=4m1s

About $45 at qoo10

Reaction score
Hi Love_indulgence, ok.. do share with me your experience.. tia..

Just collected the portable wifi from the post office at narita airport T1 L4. Just present your passport and collection slip, sign off and there you go.

How the package looks like. I ordered two sets with 75mbps speed. Speed will slow down after 10mb.

The pouch and the slip of paper showing the instructions on how to set up. It was plain easy.

The portable wifi, free extra powerbank 2200mah and plug

Return envelope to send back to them

Connected and speed was fast, faster than my wifi at home loll. So far so gd.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot! but would it be worth it if i combine the JR kanto pass and all-nikko pass? would the JR kanto pass be any worthy for the stay during tokyo?

Yes im staying over at utsunomiya for 2 nights and going to explore around nikko.

utsunomiya is still a distance from nikko. it is about 45min and 760yen from utsunomiya to nikko, and it is not covered by the nikko passes. will be better if u can change accom and staying in nikko if possible.

JR kanto pass will cover the trip between nikko and utsunomiya, however it doesn't cover the buses for getting around nikko.

these are the 2 options I can think of
option 1:
round trip by bus to kawaguchiko: 2 x 1750yen
all-nikko pass: 4520yen
travel between nikko and utsunomiya for 2 days: 2 x 2 x 760yen = 3040yen
total = 11060yen

option 2:
one-way bus from Shinjuku to kawaguchiko: 1750yen
JR Kanto pass: 8300yen
2-day bus pass for travel within nikko: 2000yen
total = 12050yen

seems like it is slightly cheaper to go with option 1. with option 1, u can also purchase the fujigoko enjoy ticket for 4350yen which covers the round trip between kawaguchiko and Shinjuku, as well as buses at kawaguchiko

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone help advice....

cause i will be at kyoto for new year, which temple might be good for the bell ringing thingy?

new year good to do what? i bw with my mum and sis... intend to let them wear the kimono rental, then go inari shrine, then walk the old street.

after maybe find a decent restaurant (hopefully about sgd 50+ per pax), for a god cny dinner. any recommendation? think need to pre-book place?

the big bell which is rung on New Year's Day is only for temple monks iirc besides the ceremony takes place on New Year's Day not CNY

you do ring a bell as part of the praying step at Shinto shrines though

Fushimi Inari is on the south side of Kyoto, I am not sure if you can rent kimono around that part. Gion is nearer Kyomizudera area instead (if that is what you are referring to as the old street)

I would say call ahead and book but I do not have any recommendations, you can try looking up tabelog. They got english site now

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Greenaaron

regarding Nikko, it would be really better to stay there for at least 1 night. Just going to Kegon no taki and taking in Irohazaka's winding road sight along the way is going to take up to half a day. It takes roughly an hour to get there alone by bus. Sight seeing at the waterfall, lake chuzenji will take up a good amount of time.

.____. I sooooo need to go there again.... I only managed to cover so little over there

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the big bell which is rung on New Year's Day is only for temple monks iirc besides the ceremony takes place on New Year's Day not CNY

you do ring a bell as part of the praying step at Shinto shrines though

Fushimi Inari is on the south side of Kyoto, I am not sure if you can rent kimono around that part. Gion is nearer Kyomizudera area instead (if that is what you are referring to as the old street)

I would say call ahead and book but I do not have any recommendations, you can try looking up tabelog. They got english site now

i remember I saw more tourists in kimono in Higashiyama area than Fushimi Inari. The ambiance and the japanese-feel maybe is stronger there. :)

djork84

Reaction score
May I know if there are any recommended supermarket? Will be going Osaka and staying at Noda area. To buy drinks, fruits and maybe snacks.

Bullseye

Master Member
Reaction score
if you can , its always better to buy in advance. Unless you are undecided or weather kind of freaky, otherwise just buy.

Thanks for the tip.
Planning to stay 2D1N over at Kawaguchiko and visit these places, not sure if its doable within the time frame (will be arriving there at around 10am and leaving next day at around 12pm).
Any comments or other recommendations are welcome! :

• Kachi kachi ropeway
• Chureito Pagoda
• Lake Motosuko (for the 1000yen view)
• Saiko Yachonomori Park
• Panorama Dai
• Fuji Kawaguchiko Autumn Leaves Festival (night)

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tokyo part can travel on ur own. so just take Hokkaido package, then extend and leave the tour group when reach tokyo.

Look like have to be this way. Actually saw a fly and drive package tour where you fly there then drive but got tour leaders to guide you. You are free to roam the city/town they bring you to at your own leisure. In the evening all will check in to hotel together.

layang89

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.
Planning to stay 2D1N over at Kawaguchiko and visit these places, not sure if its doable within the time frame (will be arriving there at around 10am and leaving next day at around 12pm).
Any comments or other recommendations are welcome! :

• Kachi kachi ropeway
• Chureito Pagoda
• Lake Motosuko (for the 1000yen view)
• Saiko Yachonomori Park
• Panorama Dai
• Fuji Kawaguchiko Autumn Leaves Festival (night)
Hi Bullseye

I am planning to visit Fuji Kawaguchiko Autumn Leaves Festival (night) as well. My trip is mid-Nov. But i am not sure if the retro bus still operate beyond evening hours. Do you have any idea ?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like have to be this way. Actually saw a fly and drive package tour where you fly there then drive but got tour leaders to guide you. You are free to roam the city/town they bring you to at your own leisure. In the evening all will check in to hotel together.
I would go for it if u see savings on the hotel and car rental....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.