Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusionist_85

Honorary Member
Reaction score
one day can visit both Hikone castle and Ueno Castle? was thinking to get a 1day JR Kansai Area Pass:(

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, for my coming trip i will be staying near Ochanomizu and Akihabara station.
As I am going Tokyo station in the morning to take the shinkansen, is there any ways to avoid the morning crowd? Or its better to travel after 9.

Thanks

thwysg

Reaction score
one day can visit both Hikone castle and Ueno Castle? was thinking to get a 1day JR Kansai Area Pass:(

Might be too rush even though it takes about 2.5-3.5 hours. You need to transfer trains at least 3-4 times. And it doesn't seem to have trains before 11.30am from Hikone. Not sure how much time you'll be spending in each castle too. If you're traveling with children and/ or elderly, you might want to rethink about the rush.

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
Never go Japan before. Would like to bring my primary school kids to join package tour in this Dec. Which city should I cover?

luvenergy

Reaction score
I intend to buy the all nikko pass,however my hotel is at ikebukuro.does my pass cover the express train ride from ikebukuro to Nikko?if not how much is the ticket.or should I travel to asakusa to take the direct train ride to Nikko that my pass will cover?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never go Japan before. Would like to bring my primary school kids to join package tour in this Dec. Which city should I cover?

Tokyo would be good for first timers, can go free and easy. If you want package depends on your budget. Want you see snow it's Hokkaido. It's pretty late, you need to work first as dec is peak season.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can also consider a tokyo-osaka-kyoto package. They might even take you to Gotemba outlet. Theme parks like Disney n usj would normally be covered too

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I intend to buy the all nikko pass,however my hotel is at ikebukuro.does my pass cover the express train ride from ikebukuro to Nikko?if not how much is the ticket.or should I travel to asakusa to take the direct train ride to Nikko that my pass will cover?

if u are getting the pass, then u shld be making full use of the pass and taking tobu line from asakusa to nikko.
the pass doesnt cover the express train from ikebukuro

luvenergy

Reaction score
if u are getting the pass, then u shld be making full use of the pass and taking tobu line from asakusa to nikko.
the pass doesnt cover the express train from ikebukuro
Ok yah read up abt the pass from tobu website.is it worth to top up for the Limited express train ticket?do u buy the pass in advance?

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
Tokyo would be good for first timers, can go free and easy. If you want package depends on your budget. Want you see snow it's Hokkaido. It's pretty late, you need to work first as dec is peak season.

Most probably by tour package. Still thinking Korea or Japan. Heard Korea tour package is quite hard sell asking to buy product, this turn me off. Any idea Japan package has such problem? Thanks.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not as terrible as South Korea. They might take u to say a kunbu specialty place, where you will see a presentation on kunbu

The retail area will have stuff for you to try out. You can choose to go back to the bus or hang around there. Buy or not is really up to you

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most probably by tour package. Still thinking Korea or Japan. Heard Korea tour package is quite hard sell asking to buy product, this turn me off. Any idea Japan package has such problem? Thanks.

For tour package, check their itinerary.
Many tour agency earn from bring you to shopping.

Illusionist_85

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Might be too rush even though it takes about 2.5-3.5 hours. You need to transfer trains at least 3-4 times. And it doesn't seem to have trains before 11.30am from Hikone. Not sure how much time you'll be spending in each castle too. If you're traveling with children and/ or elderly, you might want to rethink about the rush.

you are right bro, after looking thru the hyperdia not much time to spend in iga:(

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can also consider a tokyo-osaka-kyoto package. They might even take you to Gotemba outlet. Theme parks like Disney n usj would normally be covered too

too rush imo. Tokyo alone needs 7 days...

Osaka+kyoto another 7

nemo88

Reaction score
If you're joining a package tour I think you're best it talk to the tour company about what packages they offer - there's no way our recommendations will line up with their offerings anyway. And majority of the packages hit the standard highlights city-wise. You can't see it all in one trip. Just take the package that fits your budget and schedule, and lines up with your preferences and needs.

questionmark

Reaction score
planning to cover kyoto in 1 day in such order:

- arashiyama (bamboo groves & tenryuji temple)
- fushimi inari shrine (till Yotsutsuji intersection)
- Kiyomizudera Temple to Higashiyama street
- Gion in the evening for dinner (hopefully spot some geisha/maiko)

is it possible to cover these places in a day? thanks!

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

all over the place. West ->South-> East

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
too rush imo. Tokyo alone needs 7 days...

Osaka+kyoto another 7

not really, I went to central Japan like 3 times and you like do a bit in each place

the way we do it, it is not for someone who might not go there again for a long time.

of course now they will like manage a kyoto/Osaka+Tokyo in 9d8n

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think can... if your real name is Barry Allen (no offence)

like anyhowsaysay pointed out, your plan is ALL over Kyoto, you can still kinda do Kiyomizudera, Gion and then Fushimi Inari. The amount of walking will be quite on the limit. Consider your own condition or your group's capability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.