Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I realized some department store close early @ 8pm...is it real? is the timing strictly enforced?

jolee_10167

Reaction score
hi, will be at kyoto next week, is there any restaurant nearby after night koyo at Eikando?

Bullseye

Master Member
Reaction score
There might be a tour bus during Jan or Feb...but for Nov and Dec...there's no public transport....if rental car is out....u have to rent a cab or walk....and walking can be quite brutal in the winter months...the tourist office can arrange cab if u need one....There's a tour bus that goes to the Blue and Shirahige Fall at around 4.30/5pm....personally didn't enjoy it as it got really too cold..so people in my tour group didn't even get off the bus as it became way too cold

Thanks for the info.
Will be going around Jan or Feb period.
I have seen online that this Miyamoto bus company offering such services, but not much other info i could gather:
https://www.biei-hokkaido.jp/en/search/sightseeing/000218.html

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I realized some department store close early @ 8pm...is it real? is the timing strictly enforced?
Most other smaller stores close at 6pm. So 8pm is quite generous!

In Japan, you don't cause inconvenience to others.

Department stores open at 11am for most, you got 9 hours to visit during the whole day. If you try to do last minute shopping then all the staff will need to wait for you to finish and then they cannot go home on time, rest and spend time with their family.

Don't you think is selfish of you?

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, if you ask them nicely they'll extend the closing time for you.
:s8:

I don't know if it is real ma.

Closing @ 8pm is unreal to me. I only familiar with SG mall closing time @ 10pm so 8pm is like unreal.

If really close 8pm then I got to add in night spots/walk about in famous district in my itinerary.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is real ma.

Closing @ 8pm is unreal to me. I only familiar with SG mall closing time @ 10pm so 8pm is like unreal.

If really close 8pm then I got to add in night spots/walk about in famous district in my itinerary.

dun be surprise... in europe and australia, shops closes at 6pm =:p

anyway, malls closes early, but there will still be many eateries around and they close late. there are also 24hrs dept stores such as don quijote.

for me, i usually just start my day earlier and end early when overseas

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyway, malls closes early, but there will still be many eateries around and they close late. there are also 24hrs dept stores such as don quijote.

Same for me, start early and end like 8-9pm in Japan for me..Easy to get use to this timing when one is in Japan..

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Normally after dinner I will be back in hotel sleeping around 7-8pm.

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the shuttle bus between Tokyo-Narita, either The Access Narita or Tokyo Shuttle, can we purchase the return ticket in advance at the Narita airport bus counter upon landed?

I read and see only online option but in Japanese language and need to use credit card.

For the 2 companies, which is the better choice for Narita-Tokyo-Narita.

Thanks.

nemo88

Reaction score
Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dreaming

Reaction score
Go to your neighbourhood 'Daiso' the one selling household items. Can pick up a functional and compact one for prob less than $3. Then plug a USB charging hub to that.

Looks like this: https://goo.gl/images/LNjnfQ

So US universal adapter (the 2 thing) is ok for japan socket?

What about this?
https://www.amazon.com/Ckitze-Unive...US+travel+Adapter&refinements=p_72:2661618011

beware of these type of multi adapters. I am not saying the amazon one is like the one in youtube, but watch it anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOTiQKkQMo

best is still get those single type adapter kind as suggested

Do you mean as what nemo88 suggested?

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So US universal adapter (the 2 thing) is ok for japan socket?

What about this?
https://www.amazon.com/Ckitze-Unive...US+travel+Adapter&refinements=p_72:2661618011

Do you mean as what nemo88 suggested?
yes, as nemo88 has suggested. get those will do. i think Jpan Home, or HomeFix, challenger have them.

The so called US plus are the Type A. See the list of countries that use it. But I find it strange to see Malaysia is inside the list:s11:

Anyway, JP uses Type A.

http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeA.htm

Last edited:

nemo88

Reaction score
Another suggestion is once you are in Japan to stop by a Daiso or 100Y shop and get an extension cord. They should cost 150-200Y depending on the length. Some hotels don't have a plug near your bedside or at a convenient location, so the extension cord at least allows you to some flexibility.

Dreaming

Reaction score
I don't know whether should I buy outerwear from uniqlo,northface or universal traveller..
I like uniqlo white down jacket knee length.. Going to shigragawago too. Is uniqlo down jacket a good choice for shigragawago and Tokyo ? Going during mid Feb till end Feb.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether should I buy outerwear from uniqlo,northface or universal traveller..
I like uniqlo white down jacket knee length.. Going to shigragawago too. Is uniqlo down jacket a good choice for shigragawago and Tokyo ? Going during mid Feb till end Feb.

uniqlo down is probably still ok for tokyo. but i think it wouldnt be suficient for shirakawago, especially since feb is the coldest part of winter. u probably need to layer it with a good base layer, and maybe a fleece jacket or sweater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.