Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
must cater time to wait for the bus, and for the actual bus ride.....

better run once you get off the plane at HND, run to immigration, run to luggage carousel, run to customs, run to domestic luggage check-in, run to domestic security check-in, run to bus terminal, take the bus (cos u cannot run to domestic terminal from international terminal)....

Then after u reach domestic terminal, do whatever you like if you still got spare time,.....

Need to run? The website states the whole transit will take about 70 min. Should be ok if the plane to plane time is more than that.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
I've bought JAL Tix to Osaka, transit at HND. I am not able to choose seats (stating all seats all available) at choose seating page. I am only able to choose seats for both domestic flights (Osaka to toyko and back), not able to choose for international flights (SG to Tokyo and back).

Is this normal? Do I get a seat on actual day?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've bought JAL Tix to Osaka, transit at HND. I am not able to choose seats (stating all seats all available) at choose seating page. I am only able to choose seats for both domestic flights (Osaka to toyko and back), not able to choose for international flights (SG to Tokyo and back).

Is this normal? Do I get a seat on actual day?

That’s weird.
I brought my JAL ticket to Japan for hanami next year a few months ago and I could choose my seat

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to run? The website states the whole transit will take about 70 min. Should be ok if the plane to plane time is more than that.

the greatest uncertainty is at immigration counter, I always spend like 30mins queueing up there, and dont forget some time need to be catered for the domestic luggage check-in

Swiftyz

Reaction score
I've got a question! How do I get a cab around kawaguchiko? Do they use grab/uber or hail a cab by the roadside?

I'm planning to go there on Christmas eve for 1 night and might go back to the hotel later than 530pm, by then the shuttle/retro bus service have already ended.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U want to end your day trip late and go back to Tokyo? My suggestion is look for the night highway bus if available or stay the night at Kawaguchiko.

Swiftyz

Reaction score
U want to end your day trip late and go back to Tokyo? My suggestion is look for the night highway bus if available or stay the night at Kawaguchiko.

Nope, I'm staying at fuji view hotel at kawaguchiko. But my last stop before going back to the hotel is at Oishi park, which is opposite the lake. So I expect to end around 530-6.

FreedomDy

Reaction score
I don't know where you'll be staying in Osaka city. Use Hyperdia.com to calculate the rest of the train trips. Could use it from 17 Dec (D1 if you're going straight into the town) to 30 Dec (D14). Take Limited Express Haruka from Kansai Airport, that's already ¥2,230 to Tennoji station. Should be able to break even if you did day trips to Kobe or even Himeji or Nara.

Get a ICOCA if you do not have any IC card.

Alright, thanks for your advice:s13:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the question to ask is if there is anything to see after dark, the bus services normally do not end that early unless there is like nothing to do there

thwysg

Reaction score
Nope, I'm staying at fuji view hotel at kawaguchiko. But my last stop before going back to the hotel is at Oishi park, which is opposite the lake. So I expect to end around 530-6.

So long as you could get back to Kawaguchiko station, I believe there should be taxis around the area. The last bus from Natural Living Center heading back to Kawaguchiko station runs at 1812, four services from 1732 to 1812. There might be changes for winter schedules. You might want to check with the tourist information counter upon arrival.
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/heritage-tour/detail/id/1/

thwysg

Reaction score

Swiftyz

Reaction score
So long as you could get back to Kawaguchiko station, I believe there should be taxis around the area. The last bus from Natural Living Center heading back to Kawaguchiko station runs at 1812, four services from 1732 to 1812. There might be changes for winter schedules. You might want to check with the tourist information counter upon arrival.
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/heritage-tour/detail/id/1/

Ah okay. So japan is still not using grab/uber. Shall stick to the traditional way of getting taxi.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
I booked tickets to visit Osaka, Kyoto and Nara/Kobe but have not decided on my accommodation yet

Was deciding between staying at Osaka all 7 nites or 2 nites in Kyoto and 5 nites in Osaka.

1. When travelling from Kyoto to Osaka with luggage, anything i should take note like go for reserved seats or avoid certain timing/date? I heard their train can be very crowded at times

2. Ideally is stay at Osaka for all 7 nites n travel 2 days to Kyoto but realised the train tickets for 4 trips not cheap. I checked is around $312 for 3 pax which i could have spent on 2 nites at Kyoto

3. If take unreserved seats, do I have to go earlier to buy tickets n find better seats? can book tickets online?

thwysg

Reaction score
I booked tickets to visit Osaka, Kyoto and Nara/Kobe but have not decided on my accommodation yet

Was deciding between staying at Osaka all 7 nites or 2 nites in Kyoto and 5 nites in Osaka.

1. When travelling from Kyoto to Osaka with luggage, anything i should take note like go for reserved seats or avoid certain timing/date? I heard their train can be very crowded at times

2. Ideally is stay at Osaka for all 7 nites n travel 2 days to Kyoto but realised the train tickets for 4 trips not cheap. I checked is around $312 for 3 pax which i could have spent on 2 nites at Kyoto

3. If take unreserved seats, do I have to go earlier to buy tickets n find better seats? can book tickets online?

It costs 560yen (~S$7) per pax for one way local train ride - Osaka station to Kyoto station. How did you get $312?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying on metro line in Tokyo

Any opinions? Where did you stay near to and why?

I've always stayed in the JR lines (Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku), just thought of trying somewhere different this time, maybe like Ginza. Found a few hotels that are less expensive than other areas.

No itinerary planned at the moment but travelling during CNY. Any other locations on the metro line that is good?

thwysg

Reaction score
Any opinions? Where did you stay near to and why?

I've always stayed in the JR lines (Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku), just thought of trying somewhere different this time, maybe like Ginza. Found a few hotels that are less expensive than other areas.

No itinerary planned at the moment but travelling during CNY. Any other locations on the metro line that is good?

You mean Tokyo alone or other areas as well?

Me - Shinjuku, Tokyo, Shiodome, Ikebukuro, Daiba and Asakusa. Stations near my lodging for previous trips.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean Tokyo alone or other areas as well?

Me - Shinjuku, Tokyo, Shiodome, Ikebukuro, Daiba and Asakusa. Stations near my lodging for previous trips.

Just Tokyo :)

I checked for Asakusa, the nicer hotels quite pricey too. Shiodome also some quite ex haha. Partly bcos I'm booking twin room.

Not sure why this period is ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.