Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Planning to go tokyo for a week in May...

First time to japan/tokyo!

Which stations/areas are good for a base to explore tokyo for a newbie?

Is APA Hotel Kodenmacho Ekimae or its area good?

Thanks alot!
Not familiar with the area. But typically ppl will stay near stations along jr yamanote line coz that is the line that u will use most often when getting ard.
Example: shinjuku, shibuya, ueno, shinagawa

Which airport u arriving in?

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Narita

My accom still looking around, jus wan to make sure we stay in a good area as a home base...

Not familiar with the area. But typically ppl will stay near stations along jr yamanote line coz that is the line that u will use most often when getting ard.
Example: shinjuku, shibuya, ueno, shinagawa

Which airport u arriving in?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Narita

My accom still looking around, jus wan to make sure we stay in a good area as a home base...
If narita, u can consider staying near ueno station, coz got direct keisei skyliner train from narita. Or shinjuku and take direct narita express (nex) train

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys if im planning to go tokyo tourists spots plus few day trips like yokohama hakone, kamakura, kawasaki , atami. Should i get the jr pass?

Sent from Kupoooo using GAGT

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks alot!

APA chain doesn't have very good reviews typically but if you're not fussy, should be fine.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys if im planning to go tokyo tourists spots plus few day trips like yokohama hakone, kamakura, kawasaki , atami. Should i get the jr pass?

Sent from Kupoooo using GAGT

you need to calculate if you can make it worthwhile. yokohama, kamakura (and i think kawasaki) are quite near, so won't cost a lot. Atami is 8,000 yen round trip. hakone can get the hakone free pass. so i think not worthwhile.

https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/

Last edited:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess the business hotel chains all tend to be quite standard (small rooms, small walkway, small bed and prefab plastic toilet)?

Personally for me I've stayed in various APAs, MyStays and Route-Inns and I find that Route Inn is the most pleasant (or I guess least unpleasant). The APA Narita Ekimae that I stayed in last year was so tiny that I literally had to open my suitcases on the bed.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My only experience with APA chain is in Matsuyama. While decent, i still prefer toyoko-inn and Super hotel chains

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
Quick qns ppl..

I have purchased TDL tickets on changi Recommend..

Let say I go on the 4th of Feb, and I found the weather still alright for having fun in TDL and TDS for the next day.

Can I purchase on the spot for TDS for the next day?

Thanks in advance!

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks alot!

APA. Room small until cannot open luggage fully. I think stay 1-2 days still fine but anything more than that will be depressing

The location also not so good. Not near JR lines...although got some subway stations.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess the business hotel chains all tend to be quite standard (small rooms, small walkway, small bed and prefab plastic toilet)?

Personally for me I've stayed in various APAs, MyStays and Route-Inns and I find that Route Inn is the most pleasant (or I guess least unpleasant). The APA Narita Ekimae that I stayed in last year was so tiny that I literally had to open my suitcases on the bed.

Daiwa Roynet not bad.
Richmond also

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning to travel to japan for the first time.

couple of qns.

1. plan to stay 4 days at tokyo and 4 days at osaka. sufficient?

3. From Sg fly to tokyo, any difference between landing at haneda or narita airport? I've checked and for the timings and price wise, JAL lands at haneda seems to be better for me. My concern is transport cost and option from airport to hotel.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning to travel to japan for the first time.

couple of qns.

1. plan to stay 4 days at tokyo and 4 days at osaka. sufficient?

3. From Sg fly to tokyo, any difference between landing at haneda or narita airport? I've checked and for the timings and price wise, JAL lands at haneda seems to be better for me. My concern is transport cost and option from airport to hotel.

sufficient or not quite personal, depends also on how much of each city you want to see.

From my experience, both airports are pretty okay. The difference is where the link to Tokyo city ends up at. If you are aiming to get to the Yamanote line then it is pretty even besides the travel time.

If you got too much luggage both airports also have airport limousine links.

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wad about shinjuku granbell hotel?

It looks good from the pics in booking.com

About 15 mins walk from shinjuku station

Seems like tokyo hotels have generally small rooms?

Or do u guys have recommendations of similar price ranges? Not sure if 15 mins walk to the station in tokyo is considered normal :s13:

riiya86

Reaction score
yea.. any hotel recommendations for family rooms? i find japan child policy very strict, always 2 adults to 1 child and from 6years up considered adults.. i don't wish to get 2 rooms..

thwysg

Reaction score
wad about shinjuku granbell hotel?
It looks good from the pics in booking.com
About 15 mins walk from shinjuku station
Seems like tokyo hotels have generally small rooms?
>> Yes.

Or do u guys have recommendations of similar price ranges?
>> What do you mean by similar price range? Different pricing for different seasons.

See comments in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.