Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u have to consider the pre-flight check in time u need to be at the airport, then the transport to and fro the airport

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shinkansen have luggage compartments?

Shinkansen don't have but if your luggage is not that big or heavy then can lift up and put on the upper compartment.
Otherwise, book ticket on the last seat then can put at the back. Please don't put at the last seat unless you are sitting there.

I pack very light so i just lift up

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never noticed but I suppose this is the only space?

luggage-in-shinkansen-200-130.jpg

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shinkansen can put the luggage at the back, behind the last seat in each train compartment.
The overhead compartment is also spacious and you can put a medium size luggage up there too.

If really no space, then put it in front of you. It is still possible if you are average size and do not have long legs as the space between each seat is spacious.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we usually have the luggage together with us. Most shinkansen doesn't have a dedicated luggage storage, unlike limited express train.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Hi folks, planning on going NGO - Takayama in nov. 3.5 days in Nagoya and 3.5days in Takayama. Is it too rush or should i put more days towards Takayama? First time there. Not too sure the traveling distance. Traveling alone!

Tentative:
Day 1: Arrive Nagoya, Nagoya castle, Sakae district (Or port area?)
Day 2: Day trip to Inuyama
Day 3: Day trip to Kiso Valley
Day 4: Moving from Nagoya to Takayama - Hida no Sato in the afternoon OR explore old town, Yatai Kaikan area
Day 5: Day trip to Shiragawa-go
Day 6: Higashiyama walkway, takayama jinya area, Travel back to NGO
Day 7: Morning flight

Changing to:
Day 1: Arrive Nagoya, Nagoya castle, Sakae district (Or port area?)
Day 2: Day trip to Inuyama
Day 3: Day trip to Kiso Valley
Day 4: See if got anything else in Nagoya (Korankei?) + Travel Takayama
Day 5: Day trip to Shiragawa-go + Suganuma + Ainokura
Day 6: Higashiyama walkway, takayama jinya area
Day 7: Explore old town, Yatai Kaikan area + Travel back to NGO
Day 8: Morning Flight

Feel that I've quite alot of time for Day 7. Not too sure what to do cos i think Old town + Yatai Kaikan can squeeze into Day6. If nothing else to do, i'll just take it slow.

Halo green

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the teriyaki or beef sandwich from familymart, 7-11 or lawson can just buy from shelf and eat w.o heating up?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the luggage forwarding service, is there an option to forward to the airport for collection there? anyone used or enquired before?

haha recently forwarded melons from hokkaido to my tokyo hotel. if can directly forward for collection at haneda airport and then pickup for check-in, would be way easier.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for the luggage forwarding service, is there an option to forward to the airport for collection there? anyone used or enquired before?

haha recently forwarded melons from hokkaido to my tokyo hotel. if can directly forward for collection at haneda airport and then pickup for check-in, would be way easier.

https://www.jalabc.com/en/hands-freetravel/airport-baggage-delivery/to-the-airport.html

Not sure about storage period. You can inquire with them directly.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, definitely can!
Yamato kuroneko is the company and there are many areas eg in shopping malls and hotels in Japan where you can engage their service.

Forwarding to the airport , they will usually instruct you to give them 2 days in advance so that the item will definitely reach there when u get to the airport.

As for Hokkaido to Haneda, they may tell you to give them 3 days in advance.

You can check their services on this website.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/send/services/time/

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.jalabc.com/en/hands-freetravel/airport-baggage-delivery/to-the-airport.html

Not sure about storage period. You can inquire with them directly.

Yes, definitely can!
Yamato kuroneko is the company and there are many areas eg in shopping malls and hotels in Japan where you can engage their service.

Forwarding to the airport , they will usually instruct you to give them 2 days in advance so that the item will definitely reach there when u get to the airport.

As for Hokkaido to Haneda, they may tell you to give them 3 days in advance.

You can check their services on this website.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/send/services/time/

cool, thanks. would be so much easier. haha we bought 4 melons and 16 white corns. :D the market shop forwarded on thursday after we left and said saturday can reach our tokyo hotel. apparently, sunday no delivery by taqbin.

onenightfighttwo

Reaction score
Hi, After much planning, this will be my japan plan for mid dec, with 2 kids 9yrs and 6yrs need advice if this is workable. i got a few question thou

1. do i need a JR pass?
the rest highlighted below :)

day 1: arrive in haneda at 4pm travel to shinjuku to check in airbnb.
explore shinjuku

day 2: disney land full day

day 3: shinjuku/harajuku

day 4: nissin cup noodle, explore around. sky tree

day 5: shibuya

day 6: full day to mt fuji and gotemba outlet(take bus)

day 7: no plan
Qns: any suggestion for places that will be fun to kids? as well as to fill up some of the slower days

day 8: hello kitty land

day 9:check out of shinjuku, take shinkansen to nagano station (pick up a rented car. drive to kasatsu onsen, stay 1 night
Qns: where can i keep 1 big luggage for the next 4 night so i no need to bring it all the way to nagano.
Any advice on driving in snowy condition?

day 10: check out of kasatsu and drive to hakuba and stay 3 night, might visit snow monkey park since it is along the way.

day 11: ski play snow

day 12: ski play snow

day 13: check out and drive to nagano station return car and take shinkansen back to Tokyo
Qns: where should i stay for my final 2 nights taking into consideration i need to collect my luggage i left in tokyo.

day 14: toyko station

day 15: last min shopping. back to haneda airport.

Is the above itinerary ok? thanks alot for any help given. :)

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, After much planning, this will be my japan plan for mid dec, with 2 kids 9yrs and 6yrs need advice if this is workable. i got a few question thou

1. do i need a JR pass?
the rest highlighted below :)

explore shinjuku

day 2: disney land full day

day 3: shinjuku/harajuku

day 4: nissin cup noodle, explore around. sky tree

day 5: shibuya

day 6: full day to mt fuji and gotemba outlet(take bus)

Qns: any suggestion for places that will be fun to kids? as well as to fill up some of the slower days

day 8: hello kitty land

day 9:check out of shinjuku, take shinkansen to nagano station (pick up a rented car. drive to kasatsu onsen, stay 1 night
Qns: where can i keep 1 big luggage for the next 4 night so i no need to bring it all the way to nagano.
Any advice on driving in snowy condition?

day 10: check out of kasatsu and drive to hakuba and stay 3 night, might visit snow monkey park since it is along the way.

day 11: ski play snow

day 12: ski play snow

day 13: check out and drive to nagano station return car and take shinkansen back to Tokyo
Qns: where should i stay for my final 2 nights taking into consideration i need to collect my luggage i left in tokyo.

day 14: toyko station

day 15: last min shopping. back to haneda airport.

Is the above itinerary ok? thanks alot for any help given. :)

Red Planet Asakusa Hotel in Asakusa can help u keep the luggage before and after if you have a reservation with them.

So I suggest you may like to swop day 7 and day 8.

Day 8 - bring ur family to Asakusa. Assuming you will be staying at Red Planet, you can leave ur luggage there (email them before the trip to confirm about the luggage). After you leave your luggage there, you can tour Asakusa. It is a lovely place. Sensoji temple, Nakamise shopping street. You can go to Tokyo Skytree tower which is one station away, Your kids will love it there. Got ice skating rink there too.

I prefer not to drive during winter especially to the outskirts.
Don't know whether it will snow n not sure whether need to chain the wheels of the car and whether it is compulsory or not.

From Red Planet hotel to Haneda, there is a airport limousine bus (check the website for the timing) from Asakusa View Hotel which is 5 min walk from Red Planet.
You can also take a direct train from the train station nearby but in view of your young kids and heavy luggage, it may be rather troublesome.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/areas/bus_stop/hnd/asakusa_kinshicho/for/244/

IMO, JR pass is not necessary as it costs about $344 for the 7 day JR pass.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
explore shinjuku

Are you certain your Airbnb is legally registered and that the owner will not cancel it at the very last minute? For your sake I hope you have an alternative hotel being booked (with free cancellation).

If you do stay in a hotel in the end, as long as it's not those business hotel chains, you will be able to leave your luggage with them for a few days till you check in again.

If you did manage to stay in the Airbnb and require baggage storage, it's not too hard to Google for that info. Here's one result that I found: https://tokyocheapo.com/living/luggage-storage-in-tokyo/

Sagawa storage seems to be an option. The article says can store for 5 days but Sagawa mobile website didn't state that (didn't look at the desktop version). If in doubt, you can go email them and ask how long can they store your baggage. Price list is on the site. As they have offices in both Tokyo station and near Asakusa, you can find hotels around these areaa to book for your final part of the trip.

I will not suggest Red Planet Asakusa if you are not able to meet the limousine bus timing that will bring you to and fro from Asakusa View hotel. The alternative transport option is too troublesome. For example, if you wish to take the Keikyu/Asakusa Line (note that you will be alighting at the Tobu/Toei/Tokyo Metro subway, not the Tsukuba subway - if you check the map, the Tobu/Toei Asakusa station is much further from the hotel), you need to know which exit to go so that you don't have to deal with stairs with your luggage. On top of that, assuming you managed to find the exit with elevator, once reach surface level, you will need to navigate from the exit (which is further from the usual exit that involves stairs) to walk to Red Planet Asakusa - which is pretty daunting if you haven't been to Japan before and have kids along with you.

Hence do check the limousine bus timing first if you are considering princessreiko's suggestion. If the bus timings can't fit your schedule, then go for hotels that are nearer to the main stations.

As for day 7, are your kids familiar with Ghibli works? If yes you can opt for Ghibli museum. Will only take up about half the day, but it depends on the timing on your admission ticket. Or you can go Odaiba too. https://www.anepiceducation.com/tokyo-21-things-to-do-odaiba-with-kids/

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need advice for first trip to Japan Jan 2019 brining my 5yr old daughter to Disneyland too.

Trip abt 7 to 9 days.. My friend is advising me more things to see at Osaka.. So I planning trip from toyko to Osaka then back Tokyo flight home.. What recommendations like must go places etc.. I heard there is a 7 day pass which included all mrt rides and to and fro toyko n Osaka?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you certain your Airbnb is legally registered and that the owner will not cancel it at the very last minute? For your sake I hope you have an alternative hotel being booked (with free cancellation).

If you do stay in a hotel in the end, as long as it's not those business hotel chains, you will be able to leave your luggage with them for a few days till you check in again.

If you did manage to stay in the Airbnb and require baggage storage, it's not too hard to Google for that info. Here's one result that I found: https://tokyocheapo.com/living/luggage-storage-in-tokyo/

Sagawa storage seems to be an option. The article says can store for 5 days but Sagawa mobile website didn't state that (didn't look at the desktop version). If in doubt, you can go email them and ask how long can they store your baggage. Price list is on the site. As they have offices in both Tokyo station and near Asakusa, you can find hotels around these areaa to book for your final part of the trip.

I will not suggest Red Planet Asakusa if you are not able to meet the limousine bus timing that will bring you to and fro from Asakusa View hotel. The alternative transport option is too troublesome. For example, if you wish to take the Keikyu/Asakusa Line (note that you will be alighting at the Tobu/Toei/Tokyo Metro subway, not the Tsukuba subway - if you check the map, the Tobu/Toei Asakusa station is much further from the hotel), you need to know which exit to go so that you don't have to deal with stairs with your luggage. On top of that, assuming you managed to find the exit with elevator, once reach surface level, you will need to navigate from the exit (which is further from the usual exit that involves stairs) to walk to Red Planet Asakusa - which is pretty daunting if you haven't been to Japan before and have kids along with you.

Hence do check the limousine bus timing first if you are considering princessreiko's suggestion. If the bus timings can't fit your schedule, then go for hotels that are nearer to the main stations.

As for day 7, are your kids familiar with Ghibli works? If yes you can opt for Ghibli museum. Will only take up about half the day, but it depends on the timing on your admission ticket. Or you can go Odaiba too. https://www.anepiceducation.com/tokyo-21-things-to-do-odaiba-with-kids/

The limousine service from airport to Asakusa View hotel is free? Btw what other hotel u recomend near subway and easy from airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.