Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thwysg

Reaction score
which premium outlet is better? the one at Osaka or toyko?? toyko one like need to travel quite far to and fro... worth?

I’ve been to both, it boils down to what you really need to get. And yes, I do agree that Rinku is way more accessible and cheaper (transport fare) than Gotemba. If the day you visit were to be of good weather, Gotemba is a nice place to walk around. Been there on a stormy day, it was crazy and hard to walk over to the main shopping area and find seats within cafes/eateries.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which premium outlet is better? the one at Osaka or toyko?? toyko one like need to travel quite far to and fro... worth?

compare e store directories see which one has e shops u want to go to. Osaka one is more accessible than Gotemba.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went Shisui one before..Store listing although the same but outlet items lesser(Le Creuset) so during my Hakone day trip, wife and me went over to Gotemba for a short bit..

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been to both rinku and tsurumi, didn't find good deals but rinku is otw to kix, i think there is some discounted train tix for travelling to or fro kix.

Near tokyo ones, karuizawa prince outlet is pretty big. Nike shop is huge. The mihama one easy to get to but not much deals for me.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If got at least one week, i will fly into hakodate then go up to toya/noboribetsu before sapporo and finally to asahikawa/furano/biel before going back to sapporo.

Hakodate I did 3 days last trip. within the city nothing much. But if you want to travel north slowly, can put 2 hakodate.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning to drive and camp in car around kawaguchiko.

any idea where we can park the cars overnight to rest?

any other tips for car camping?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning to drive and camp in car around kawaguchiko.

any idea where we can park the cars overnight to rest?

any other tips for car camping?
Camp in car as in drive caravans?
Dun recall seeing caravans in the area

Sent from Sony G8342 using GAGT

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as in like literally sleep in car. budget max.
Not sure if that is allow. Police may come question u.
Anyway, if u stay in car, how are u going to shower? And car rental is expensive, y not just stay in a cheaper accom and take public transport?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmation my ICT is in early mar 2019.

Is it a good idea to go Toyko between 11-20 Apr 2019? Or is it under Golden Week?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that is allow. Police may come question u.
Anyway, if u stay in car, how are u going to shower? And car rental is expensive, y not just stay in a cheaper accom and take public transport?

overnight in cars is quite a popular thing in japan, but you are right, police may come and check on you if they think you are suspicious or you have parked your car in a wrong area, especially if it is a private area and the owners have called the police on you.

popular and permissable areas for parking your cars overnight are in expressway service areas or in michinoeki car parks. you are perfectly allowed to park there and sleep. the only issue is that these are very busy places so I would think you must be prepared with ear plugs and eye masks and maybe find some covers for the windows. but these areas have toilets so no wonder they are popular.

but saying that, because of the popularity of shachuhaku 車中泊 among some japanese, there is an increasing number of michinoeki that have banned cars parking overnight. they will have the sign 車中泊禁止 or 宿泊禁止 displayed at the carparks.

other possible areas to park will be RV parks, but these places are quite rare

rrr2015

Master Member
Reaction score
use car GPS to search for nearby onsen to shower :D
T

unless you're seasoned, it's not comfortable to sleep in car
i suggest you stay in accommodation say every 1 ~ 2 day of sleep in car to be properly rested
as in like literally sleep in car. budget max.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use car GPS to search for nearby onsen to shower :D

unless you're seasoned, it's not comfortable to sleep in car
i suggest you stay in accommodation say every 1 ~ 2 day of sleep in car to be properly rested

That's what we are trying to plan to do. Coz accommodation there(the lake) not cheap. Plus we'll be renting a car to cover more areas. So we thought, y not just sleep in car (putting the aft row seats down for a flat surface) and use the discounted morning onsen's facilities for relaxation and bath, thereafter. (I'm quite seasoned to sleeping in cars and hard floors. but if cannot tahan, still get a 1 day accommodation, if any left).

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
overnight in cars is quite a popular thing in japan, but you are right, police may come and check on you if they think you are suspicious or you have parked your car in a wrong area, especially if it is a private area and the owners have called the police on you.

popular and permissable areas for parking your cars overnight are in expressway service areas or in michinoeki car parks. you are perfectly allowed to park there and sleep. the only issue is that these are very busy places so I would think you must be prepared with ear plugs and eye masks and maybe find some covers for the windows. but these areas have toilets so no wonder they are popular.

but saying that, because of the popularity of shachuhaku 車中泊 among some japanese, there is an increasing number of michinoeki that have banned cars parking overnight. they will have the sign 車中泊禁止 or 宿泊禁止 displayed at the carparks.

other possible areas to park will be RV parks, but these places are quite rare

Thanks, I'll take note of that. I see rvs parked in some rest stops in certain michinoeki (daytime) pictures on Google maps. Wonder where they park at night.

Also saw a few "camp sites" for pitching tents around the lakes. But mostly must pay.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I slept in a car before. with 4 others.. Was quite fine. Slept with the doors locked and windows open just a hair. Make sure engine is off or else you all gonna get CO poisoning lol.

Can is can. but what for lol

Ghostrider

Reaction score
Plan to go to Nikko on 22 sept (Sat). From TOBU railways ltd express timetable, there is a train (Nikko 1) departing at 0730 from Shinjuku station . The online booking system only allow book to start from Asakusa. No dropdown list for other station.
Anyone go Nikko from Shinjuku stn before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.