Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks... quite confusing with so many passes available.
So long it can cover Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Nagano

another question,

Is suica better option when travel around tokyo than having tokyo wide pass?

i will be going for 13 days. but will get 7 days JR pass only. so the remaining days in tokyo might getting suica or tokyo wide pass.

When I was in Japan, I never bought Suica. It is easy to buy ticket from the machine - there is English option to translate them easily.

Thus, in Tokyo, I opt for Tokyo Metro-Toei Wide Pass. Toei and Tokyo Metro stations are closer to most places I wanted to go than JR ones.

uNrEaLiTy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has experience buying USJ tickets online: official website or carousell or those resellers, will be able to enter? or will refuse entry?

w3nGaL

Reaction score
hi all i am trying to plan a trip sometime end mar to early apr next year. thinking of going osaka, Kyoto, day trip to Nara. I am also thinking of going Echigo Yuzawa to experience snow and try skiing. or anywhere nearer that has can experience snow in late march?

should i fly into Tokyo and take bullet train to echigo, spend a night there. then back to Tokyo (or anyway from Echigo to Kyoto direct?) Kyoto (thinking of a few days here) and lastly in Osaka (a few days) then return to SG.

Or is there a better way?

i have tour Tokyo last dec thus dont really intend to venture Tokyo again but have not been to Mount Fuji. Is there any snow at mount fuji? Cause i also dont mind to go Fuji Q Highland for a day at the theme park too.

thanks!

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
w3nGaL the Nagano mountains will still have snow. Can consider going to one of the onsens there for some ski'ing, couple with a visit to the snow monkeys.

pegasus1010

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am planning to go Biei in december to see the frozen pond & the waterfall, may I know if there are any local tour group that I can engage to bring me (total 4 paxs) from Biei Station & how much?

w3nGaL

Reaction score
w3nGaL the Nagano mountains will still have snow. Can consider going to one of the onsens there for some ski'ing, couple with a visit to the snow monkeys.

Thanks. Snow monkey park by end march will still have snow?

So if I go nagano instead of echigo, should I still fly into Tokyo? Or just fly sin-osaka-sin?

Hetheone

Reaction score
hi all i am trying to plan a trip sometime end mar to early apr next year. thinking of going osaka, Kyoto, day trip to Nara. I am also thinking of going Echigo Yuzawa to experience snow and try skiing. or anywhere nearer that has can experience snow in late march?

should i fly into Tokyo and take bullet train to echigo, spend a night there. then back to Tokyo (or anyway from Echigo to Kyoto direct?) Kyoto (thinking of a few days here) and lastly in Osaka (a few days) then return to SG.

Or is there a better way?

i have tour Tokyo last dec thus dont really intend to venture Tokyo again but have not been to Mount Fuji. Is there any snow at mount fuji? Cause i also dont mind to go Fuji Q Highland for a day at the theme park too.

thanks!

Not sure how many days u planning to go for this trip...

Seem like quite a lot of places u wana cover....

If u only got one night spare for skiing....

Would suggest u go to echigo yuzawa to try skiing.... n eat the best rice in Japan.

Then next day from there take train to Kanazawa ( overnight optional ) then to kyoto etc....

Then back to tokyo..... FujiQ can do a day trip from tokyo ( best go in early morning n have fun the whole day ) before head back to Tokyo evening time....

Nagano area will be good if u got two nights to spare

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has experience buying USJ tickets online: official website or carousell or those resellers, will be able to enter? or will refuse entry?

I bought the tickets and express passes last year on their official website.
They sent to my email address and I got them printed prior to departure. The tickets contained QR code.

When I reached the venue, I handed over my tickets, the staff scanned the QR code and admitted me into the park.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
Not sure how many days u planning to go for this trip...

Seem like quite a lot of places u wana cover....

If u only got one night spare for skiing....

Would suggest u go to echigo yuzawa to try skiing.... n eat the best rice in Japan.

Then next day from there take train to Kanazawa ( overnight optional ) then to kyoto etc....

Then back to tokyo..... FujiQ can do a day trip from tokyo ( best go in early morning n have fun the whole day ) before head back to Tokyo evening time....

Nagano area will be good if u got two nights to spare

thanks for the suggestions! i have about 9 to 10 days i guess...

Hetheone

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions! i have about 9 to 10 days i guess...

if the dates are more or less firm....

U can start to lookout for SQ open jaw flight....

Either land osaka out tokyo or land tokyo out osaka...

They do have promo pricing too....

So when u in Tokyo, u can do day trip or one night at yuzawa....

Follow by FujiQ day trip.....

FujiQ is YOLO !!!!! ( every 5 years they change their rides..... )

Arcanell

Reaction score
Planning self drive holiday in hokkaido. Which city should i start and end? Time, 1 week. travelling with toddler.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
if the dates are more or less firm....

U can start to lookout for SQ open jaw flight....

Either land osaka out tokyo or land tokyo out osaka...

They do have promo pricing too....

So when u in Tokyo, u can do day trip or one night at yuzawa....

Follow by FujiQ day trip.....

FujiQ is YOLO !!!!! ( every 5 years they change their rides..... )

Yes more or less firm as I wan to see snow in end March and Sakura in early April. What's yolo? Haha thanks !!

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning self drive holiday in hokkaido. Which city should i start and end? Time, 1 week. travelling with toddler.
Ideally you fly into Sapporo, drive all over and end in Hakodate, then fly back from Hakodate (or the other way around). But this may not be practical (cost or flight-wise) depending on where you'll be before or after Hokkaido. So if it's not practical, just start and end in Sapporo.

Some itinerary sample for you if you're interested: http://look-see-eat.blogspot.sg/2015/11/hokkaido-autumn-guide-sapporo-moiwa-curb-market-ramen.html

cutieboy86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning to travel to lake kawaguchiko from osaka for a night or two and stay at the ryokan before travelling back to tokyo for rest of trip. will dec be able to catch a good view of mount fuji? any recommended ryokan to stay at?

Witch King

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'll be Travelling to new chitose airport via Haneda airport on jal flight. I would like to ask do I need to collect my luggage from international terminal and check in again at the domestic airport?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'll be Travelling to new chitose airport via Haneda airport on jal flight. I would like to ask do I need to collect my luggage from international terminal and check in again at the domestic airport?
i think yes. cos its different airport.
Check with the flight attendant.

Baobeiwai

Reaction score
Hello! I'm planning to go during late November, got snow anot?? Haha is it very hard to travel around/communicate there? Haven't been to Japan before T.T

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, will be bringing kids.

Been to japan last year for 7 days to Osaka and Tokyo. Tokyo was big and didn't manage to visit all of Tokyo.

This time, hope to visit Japan for 12 days in December. Hope to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo as need to go disneyland.

My Question
1) Is the next most logic city to visit Kyoto and Hokkaido?
2) If Tokyo, Kyoto and Hokkaido, which city to go first and which city to go last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.