Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry to hj this post.. i am also thinking of go to asakusa.. how is the sky tree? worth the time? first timer to japan..

It's the tallest tower in JP. If you like tall structures, it will wow you. If you like looking down from on high, it will wow you too(if it's a clear day/night). But I have never gone up as its quite ex. I just go there to tick my "been there" box of my check list :s22:

There's a aquarium there. And many shops within the complex. If you like Tokyo banana, there's branch at its ground floor that sells their Sky Tree limited edition. One weird cafe has a Doll as your table companion nearby too.

Walkable from Asakusa or vice versa via their residential area.

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at the sky tree from ground level is something that I can't put in words

Going up costs a bomb though XD

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion,this sound great.since I've the Nikko all day pass,can I book the train seats in advance?

all nikko pass only covers normal trains, which does not have reserved seating.
u can top-up to take ltd express train though

Hetheone

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I'm thinking of just doing a 2 day snow day with the first day being a crash course in snowboarding. Would that be sufficient? After that I'm thinking of just visiting an onsen and taking in the sights before heading back to tokyo for a day before flying off.

And I dont think buying a JR pass is feasible as I'm only there for 5days

Not sure where u staying for your two days plan...

Hope these help....

The snowboarding course usually start in the morning around 8am...
( as nightfall early around 5+pm... )

It either a half day course or a full day course....

to save cost, most will choose half day course to see whether they can handle snowboarding..

If can handle, then will just continue snowboarding after lunch at their own pace until 4pm etc....

Since the gear is rent for the whole day...

There is a soba shop next to one of the bus stop for the loop bus....

Their cold soba tempura set very good. ( lunch )

As for the onsen, u can read up the ryokan around the station....

Quite afew are good names for their outdoor onsen....

Outdoor onsen in winter is one of the best feel.....

N they allow u to use their onsen before 5pm...

At a entrance fee range from 500 yen to 1000 yen...

Since u r there, at echigo station mall, u lookout for rice from 鱼沼 uonoma area...

Is the best n highest quality rice in whole Japan.... ( 2kg vacuum pack about 1900 yen )

Most of the ryokan there uses these type of rice.... It' really that good..

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure where u staying for your two days plan...

Hope these help....

The snowboarding course usually start in the morning around 8am...
( as nightfall early around 5+pm... )

It either a half day course or a full day course....

to save cost, most will choose half day course to see whether they can handle snowboarding..

If can handle, then will just continue snowboarding after lunch at their own pace until 4pm etc....

Since the gear is rent for the whole day...

There is a soba shop next to one of the bus stop for the loop bus....

Their cold soba tempura set very good. ( lunch )

As for the onsen, u can read up the ryokan around the station....

Quite afew are good names for their outdoor onsen....

Outdoor onsen in winter is one of the best feel.....

N they allow u to use their onsen before 5pm...

At a entrance fee range from 500 yen to 1000 yen...

Since u r there, at echigo station mall, u lookout for rice from 鱼沼 uonoma area...

Is the best n highest quality rice in whole Japan.... ( 2kg vacuum pack about 1900 yen )

Most of the ryokan there uses these type of rice.... It' really that good..
The station is a nice place for some raw/cooked food shopping. Their Sake is famous too.

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks that gets the boarding part.

Now do you recommend buying a JR rail pass to travel up and down the line? It's 250(usd?) for a 5 day JR East pass and 90SGD for a 1 way.

I'm conflicted on this as I'm only spending a limited amount of time on the slopes and would like to use the money/time else where. If not I'm just going to spend 5 days at Niigata/yuzawa kogen

Hetheone

Reaction score
Okay thanks that gets the boarding part.

Now do you recommend buying a JR rail pass to travel up and down the line? It's 250(usd?) for a 5 day JR East pass and 90SGD for a 1 way.

I'm conflicted on this as I'm only spending a limited amount of time on the slopes and would like to use the money/time else where. If not I'm just going to spend 5 days at Niigata/yuzawa kogen

Mayb u can consider the three days tokyo wide pass 10000 yen....

As I am not sure u got 5 days in tokyo n would like to visit yuzawa for a night or two....

Or u got five nights in yuzawa area n intend to visit Niigata area n Nagano area....

jep

Reaction score
24" luggage storage in train station

Hi, I like to know beside ueno, is there other station near tokyo, akihabara, etc those areas (east side Tokyo) hv 24 inch luggage storage and not many ppl will use or know of? Cos I realized 24" not many and is always taken if manage to find one.

luvenergy

Reaction score
Hi all..this will be 2nd trip to Tokyo.any suggestion for my itinerary below?ive been to ueno,asakusa,ometosando,ronppongi,odaiba,ameyoko,Yokohama.any suggestion of museums,park that I can fit into my itinerary?esp for day 4 & 6

Day 1:check in,asakusa (collect my Nikko pass),Tokyo sky tree
Day 2:tsukiji,ginza, akihabara
Day 3:Nikko & overnight
Day 4:back from Nikko at ard 12pm to ikebukuro
Day 5:harajuku,Omotesando, Shibuya (I think can fit in ronponggi?)
Day 6:
Day7: free until 12 or 1pm

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the kansai one icoca(the one with astroboy) in tokyo before?

I was pretty sure it can be used, but when i bought it like 45 mins ago, the staff told me it can only be used in kansai region when i casually asked if the card can be used in tokyo.

Hugo

Master Member
Reaction score
First timer here, guidance appreciated

1st time going Tokyo bringing parents, 5 days

any recommended itinerary, "must-go/do" and tips please? thanks

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

i will be travelling with wife and 8 yo son to Tokyo in March next year. Will be staying near Ueno station. Was wondering to use NEX or Kesei Skyliner?

I'm looking for a round trip ticket. Whats the pros and cons of using NEX and Kesei Skyliner?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

i will be travelling with wife and 8 yo son to Tokyo in March next year. Will be staying near Ueno station. Was wondering to use NEX or Kesei Skyliner?

I'm looking for a round trip ticket. Whats the pros and cons of using NEX and Kesei Skyliner?

you book your air ticket already? If not then choose Haneda arrival instead of Narita. can save on train ride.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How you make your way from haneda to ueno then?

he4aqFK.png

Monorail to Hamatsucho and then Yamanote line

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the kansai one icoca(the one with astroboy) in tokyo before?

I was pretty sure it can be used, but when i bought it like 45 mins ago, the staff told me it can only be used in kansai region when i casually asked if the card can be used in tokyo.
can be used.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's weekend and holiday promo from haneda for monorail and yamanote at yen500 for adult.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I like to know beside ueno, is there other station near tokyo, akihabara, etc those areas (east side Tokyo) hv 24 inch luggage storage and not many ppl will use or know of? Cos I realized 24" not many and is always taken if manage to find one.
You see which station u want.. all here and here

Use Google Translate if don't understand Japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.