Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no reserved seat for elderly/pregnant/kids like in our bus and train?

Have. But I rarely see people offering their seat up. I heard the seniors there are not hard up with seats one, so unless they are visibly frail , no one will offer their seats, to save the embarrassment of being turned down I guess. And when there's seats available, usually the people with the fastest butts (mostly younger folks) will grab them first. So tame your expectation there.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have. But I rarely see people offering their seat up. I heard the seniors there are not hard up with seats one, so unless they are visibly frail , no one will offer their seats, to save the embarrassment of being turned down I guess. And when there's seats available, usually the people with the fastest butts (mostly younger folks) will grab them first. So tame your expectation there.

Rather getting turned down, more toward causing inconvenience for others.

There were once I gave a seat to a grandmother, she keep bowing to me when I gave her the seat and when I got off the train, she still continue to bow. :s22:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the yamanote trains the reserved seats for elderly etc are at the end of the carriages. Those that need seating will go there.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no reserved seat for elderly/pregnant/kids like in our bus and train?

They do have but don't expect much courtesy as in SG (only for this part). But if you are travelling with strollers, you can move to the front/back of the train which sometimes have carriages for women and young kids only.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was there last week.. It's really very cold... Once the wind blow .. Gg... Glove will help a lot... At night even colder..

Anyone can advise the temp in Osaka and Tokyo now? Flying off this coming thur and hence thinking which kind of jacket should I bring. Google online saying 17 to 8 degree but read from a Hwz thread mentioning ard abit warm at 20 degree.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on one individual tolerance for cold..

Last nov when I was there around this period, just a heattech and sweater all the way..survive wind, damn early morning at lake kawaguchiko for sunrise..

If need anything, just go uniqlo buy...

nemo88

Reaction score
If need anything, just go uniqlo buy...

Those 100yen shops (Can*Do, Daiso, Seria) also have a handy selection of items: fluffy socks, gloves, hats, etc, to tide you over in a pinch. The price is right too, especially say if you forgot your scarf or gloves when heading out for the day, can just get something without spending much.

Bullseye

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if there are any 1 or 1/2 day tours to Biei photo spots (Christmas tree, Ken and Mary tree etc) during winter period?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Japanese themselves rarely offer their seats to elderly. I might seem once before. Those elderly people, pregnant seating also mostly younger people sitting. Japanese elderly are very strong physically and no issue with standing

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Especially when the air outside is cold, i always tell my wife i need to get outside fast.. :s13:

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi,

Heard buying Rimowa luggage is cheaper as compared to Singapore? If yes, where is the place to get in Tokyo.
Next, any place in Tokyo where I can buy Yamasaki Whisky 18 years or Sake
十四代 "easily"? It has been hard to source these.
Thanks in advance.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
"Romancecar" worth it? normal trains hw long? "Romancecar" they put 85min frm shinjuku to hakone.

e hakone freepass worth it right?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Romancecar" worth it? normal trains hw long? "Romancecar" they put 85min frm shinjuku to hakone.

e hakone freepass worth it right?

Get hakone free pass, simple and straightforward..worth it if u go from shinjuku and then going back Shinjuku..

if wana take reserve seat romancecar then have to top up for the ticket..

If take normal odakyu line then it's a regular commuter service..almost 2hrs and can be crowded in the morning but board from odakyu shinjuku confirm can get seats..

Last edited:

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if there are any 1 or 1/2 day tours to Biei photo spots (Christmas tree, Ken and Mary tree etc) during winter period?

There might be a tour bus during Jan or Feb...but for Nov and Dec...there's no public transport....if rental car is out....u have to rent a cab or walk....and walking can be quite brutal in the winter months...the tourist office can arrange cab if u need one....There's a tour bus that goes to the Blue and Shirahige Fall at around 4.30/5pm....personally didn't enjoy it as it got really too cold..so people in my tour group didn't even get off the bus as it became way too cold

Last edited:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Get hakone free pass, simple and straightforward..worth it if u go from shinjuku and then going back Shinjuku..

if wana take reserve seat romancecar then have to top up for the ticket..

If take normal odakyu line then it's a regular commuter service..almost 2hrs and can be crowded in the morning but board from odakyu shinjuku confirm can get seats..

Yeah needa top up; just wondering worth or not. Wld be staying at shinjuku so i guess i will get the freepass👍🏻

kukubirdie

Master Member
Reaction score
If want to see snow end Nov early Dec...
Really must go up ski resort?
Not into skiing... just hang around couple of hours

Any place near to Tokyo with around depth 30cm type and ez access?
Taking gondola or lift takes time up the mountain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.