Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intend to use the TaQBin service to send one of my luggage from Sapporo to Tokyo. This is because I'm heading to noboribetsu and Lake Toya and I think two huge lugagges are a pain in the arse.

I checked with both hotels and they are okay to help me do this. Is this reliabile? Any issues I need to note?

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intend to use the TaQBin service to send one of my luggage from Sapporo to Tokyo. This is because I'm heading to noboribetsu and Lake Toya and I think two huge lugagges are a pain in the arse.

I checked with both hotels and they are okay to help me do this. Is this reliabile? Any issues I need to note?

I did the same thing as you last year..no problem..luggage was already waiting for me at the hotel in tokyo when i arrived

djr81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Safe to use airbnb for tokyo and osaka?

Did some reading saying that gov going to shutdown the whole operation...

Any advise

Planning for family trip...

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, can recommend any special massage which allow foreigner to go in ?

Prof Goh

Reaction score
ok i booked the highway bus ticket to lake kawaguchiko for mid dec. after reading some guides, i find that kawaguchiko has better views of mt fuji compared to hakone.

btw, any idea where to get cheap disney sea tickets? i compared the prices of klook to the official disney one. not much difference.. same pricing tbh

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kawaguchiko indeed has better view of mt fuji as compared to hakone..

Was at kawaguchiko last year and hakone this year..but can see or not is another issue thou..

Both taken last nov in kawaguchiko
T004hePh.jpg

LL3cyyvh.jpg

Last edited:

Dreaming

Reaction score
finally bought a carry on foldable duffle bag at $13! It can fit my down jacket coat and vest! :D

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any yakiniku restaurants in Tokyo to recommend? Looking for something that has non-beef options as well as my partner doesn't take beef. TIA

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i booked the highway bus ticket to lake kawaguchiko for mid dec. after reading some guides, i find that kawaguchiko has better views of mt fuji compared to hakone

To see Mount Fuji also need to depend your luck, if cloudy day, u won't able to see it, imo Hakone in this case has more sightseeing than lake kawaguchiko

sesame246

Reaction score
Tokyo Subway Ticket - where to buy?
-----------------------
(At Haneda and Narita Airports, the Tokyo Subway Ticket is only sold to overseas visitors who can produce passports with tourist visas. Please note that Japanese citizens cannot purchase the Tokyo Subway Ticket at these airports no matter where they live)

will arrive at Kansai airport, travelling from Osaka to kyoto to tokyo, where can I get the tokyo ticket since we do not come from Haneda or narita airport?

accommodation in Tokyo is near Minowa station.

tks.

Last edited:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Forgot hw a jr pass exchange voucher looks like. My fren just bought and there is no stamp or signature from the issuing agency. Normal? I mean, usually these kind of vouchers will hv some certifying issuance thingy de. In case the agency forgot to stamp or what then we go there cant change GG liao.

anyone can advise?:s11::o

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
-----------------------
(At Haneda and Narita Airports, the Tokyo Subway Ticket is only sold to overseas visitors who can produce passports with tourist visas. Please note that Japanese citizens cannot purchase the Tokyo Subway Ticket at these airports no matter where they live)

will arrive at Kansai airport, travelling from Osaka to kyoto to tokyo, where can I get the tokyo ticket since we do not come from Haneda or narita airport?

tks.

Why not get a Suica card??

nemo88

Reaction score
-----------------------

tks.

I believe BIC is now an official seller of these subway passed. Some hotels sell as well, but probably the big name ones. Check the Tokyo Metro website they do mention alternative sale locations.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
-----------------------

tks.

Your referring to this?http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/TOPICS/2016/160204.htm

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can advise?:s11::o
the JR office does not really look for an official stamp iirc

what they want is the receipt with your names on it and the matching passports

you will be asked to fill up a form and once the staff verifies the names, they will confirm the pass and pass you a card with the information you filled out on the card.

Narita airport JR east office is being renovated but they got a english speaking staff handling the queue. The staff at the counter mostly can speak english as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.