Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
the JR office does not really look for an official stamp iirc

what they want is the receipt with your names on it and the matching passports

you will be asked to fill up a form and once the staff verifies the names, they will confirm the pass and pass you a card with the information you filled out on the card.

Narita airport JR east office is being renovated but they got a english speaking staff handling the queue. The staff at the counter mostly can speak english as well

Tks!!!

NRT ofc renovating anything to note? Will be heading to osaka straight so hope to get prepared prior for smooth exchange n reserve seat on sks.

Btw, now can still exchange n reserve at same counter? Read online Seems to be separate counters now.

kanashii23

Reaction score
I am reaching on 30 Nov. Based on latest Japan Guide Koyo Report

Mount Takao Peak on 25 Nov
Shinjuku Gyoen Peak on 25 Nov
Aoyama Icho Namiki Peak on 21 Nov
Koishikawa Korakuen Approaching Peak on 21 Nov

If i go Aoyama Icho Namiki . will it still be peak?

Koishikawa Korakuen or Rikugi-en will be better

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am reaching on 30 Nov. Based on latest Japan Guide Koyo Report

Mount Takao Peak on 25 Nov
Shinjuku Gyoen Peak on 25 Nov
Aoyama Icho Namiki Peak on 21 Nov
Koishikawa Korakuen Approaching Peak on 21 Nov

If i go Aoyama Icho Namiki . will it still be peak?

Koishikawa Korakuen or Rikugi-en will be better
I was in Tokyo 2 days ago. Gingko avenue peaking but can see many fallen leaves. I also went Rikugien and Koshikawa Korakuen. Those are all in peak so should be fine for 30th.
In terms of both, Rikugien is better.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was in Tokyo 2 days ago. Gingko avenue peaking but can see many fallen leaves. I also went Rikugien and Koshikawa Korakuen. Those are all in peak so should be fine for 30th.
In terms of both, Rikugien is better.

Can't wait to see your pictures :)

artymane

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, will be heading to Tokyo in Feb, any recommended hotels that have view facing the Tokyo Tower ?

artymane

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ! will check out the two areas. besides these two, any other recommendations?

monokoro

Reaction score
Going for hanami end of March/early April 2017. Will be doing Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka. Just wandering if I should go in the direction of Osaka>Tokyo or opposite direction Tokyo>Osaka for better chance to catch the peak blossom.

Last edited:

sesame246

Reaction score
which travel pass to get?

staying at Osaka and Kyoto before heading to Tokyo.

what travel pass should I get - is osaka amazing pass and kansai through pass good enough?

tks.

symbiote28

Reaction score
which travel pass to get?

staying at Osaka and Kyoto before heading to Tokyo.

what travel pass should I get - is osaka amazing pass and kansai through pass good enough?

tks.

i'm planning to get the kansai thru pass. seems good enough for my itinerary.

limlisa

Reaction score
about hokkiado resort liner

Hi,

I have question the ski bus by Hokkaido resort liner. I am planning to take a ski bus from Sapporo to Grand Hirafu area on 16 December 2016. The time expected to reach Hirafu is 1100 hrs. However, do they often arrive late or mostly on time? I will be having activities at niseko village at 1345 and I still need time to leave my bags in Hirafu area and having lunch as well. Does anyone here use this bus before?

Thanks.

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tks!!!

NRT ofc renovating anything to note? Will be heading to osaka straight so hope to get prepared prior for smooth exchange n reserve seat on sks.

Btw, now can still exchange n reserve at same counter? Read online Seems to be separate counters now.

I did the same thing, nex to shinagawa then to shin Osaka. The staff will still do. You just need to inform the staff when queuing

Sorry for late reply

trashley

Reaction score
i'm planning for a 10 days trip with my wife in Feb.

looking at doing Kyoto - Hakone - Tokyo or Hakone - Tokyo. any recommendations or suggestions?

Last edited:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing, nex to shinagawa then to shin Osaka. The staff will still do. You just need to inform the staff when queuing

Sorry for late reply

Hahaha i alrdy in osaka but np.

The staff didnt help us to reserve. She said go shinagawa and reserve.... there was no one behind us so cant be due to crowd...

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
forget if I asked this before but...shinjuku -> maihama (disney sea ) morning got rush hour crowd a not?

For disney sea i wish to reach there before 8am..so probably leave at 7am and it's on a thursday so wondering if will encounter the scary human sardine crowd a not.

thwysg

Reaction score
forget if I asked this before but...shinjuku -> maihama (disney sea ) morning got rush hour crowd a not?

For disney sea i wish to reach there before 8am..so probably leave at 7am and it's on a thursday so wondering if will encounter the scary human sardine crowd a not.

Should be alright. The rush hour generally is between 8am to 9am.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha i alrdy in osaka but np.

The staff didnt help us to reserve. She said go shinagawa and reserve.... there was no one behind us so cant be due to crowd...

wow that makes it a little difficult but at bright side is u get a bit of time to grab some refreshment and it is not that rush

it was a pretty tight change from NEX to Shinkansen at Shinagawa station for us :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.