Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm planning for a 10 days trip with my wife in Feb.

looking at doing Kyoto - Hakone - Tokyo or Hakone - Tokyo. any recommendations or suggestions?

You can do Kyoto->Tokyo (a couple days)->Hakone (day trip or 2d1n)->Tokyo->SIN

not going to say much else, there is a sample itineraries thread here. I am sure I will be fine with making your travel smoother and to give you advice and tips. Outright asking us to be your travel agency is a bit over eh?=:p

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, it seems i can take NEX from Shinagawa to Shinjuku. Bt from the timetable I cant seem to be able to find a NEX (shows a dash at Shinagawa). So wondering if i wan to take NEX to shinjuku, means i shld take from Tokyo? I cld probably ask the midori window but so far their English seems ain't too ready for non simple qn...

Another qn, since i still hv JR pass on my 7th day in Tokyo, where wld u guys suggest I go, to fully utilize it. Hahahaha

trashley

Reaction score
You can do Kyoto->Tokyo (a couple days)->Hakone (day trip or 2d1n)->Tokyo->SIN

not going to say much else, there is a sample itineraries thread here. I am sure I will be fine with making your travel smoother and to give you advice and tips. Outright asking us to be your travel agency is a bit over eh?=:p

sorry, i should be more specific.

i'll be flying into NRT and return from NRT.

what i am asking is; with 10 days, should i plan for Kyoto-Hakone-Tokyo or just do Hakone-Tokyo? Which would be more enjoyable? as this is my first time to Japan, i'm not sure if 10 days is too much for just Tokyo.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what i am asking is; with 10 days, should i plan for Kyoto-Hakone-Tokyo or just do Hakone-Tokyo? Which would be more enjoyable? as this is my first time to Japan, i'm not sure if 10 days is too much for just Tokyo.

Depend on your budget. Jr pass for one pax to Osaka return (7 day pass) is about sgd364.00.

My suggestion for first visit Tokyo - hakone. Can add in day trips to Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama. Depending on your interests. That will fill up your itinerary.

Do Osaka and Kyoto next trip.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, it seems i can take NEX from Shinagawa to Shinjuku. Bt from the timetable I cant seem to be able to find a NEX (shows a dash at Shinagawa). So wondering if i wan to take NEX to shinjuku, means i shld take from Tokyo? I cld probably ask the midori window but so far their English seems ain't too ready for non simple qn...

Another qn, since i still hv JR pass on my 7th day in Tokyo, where wld u guys suggest I go, to fully utilize it. Hahahaha

regarding your NEX question, the answer is that you are not looking at the correct times. I need to know why you are trying to do this since NEX is mostly for travelling to or from the airport. Not every NEX will go to Shinjuku side

trashley

Reaction score
Depend on your budget. Jr pass for one pax to Osaka return (7 day pass) is about sgd364.00.

My suggestion for first visit Tokyo - hakone. Can add in day trips to Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama. Depending on your interests. That will fill up your itinerary.

Do Osaka and Kyoto next trip.

thank you for your advice! :s12:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another thing of note is that if you take it a bit slower, 10 days will allow you to take in more of each spot you go to.

no good going to Shibuya just to see Hachiko, cross the street, eat and then go back. If shopping is your thing, you can really have a good time there

good luck have fun

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another thing of note is that if you take it a bit slower, 10 days will allow you to take in more of each spot you go to.

no good going to Shibuya just to see Hachiko, cross the street, eat and then go back. If shopping is your thing, you can really have a good time there

good luck have fun
10 days is short. Normally my trip in just in Tokyo I could spend 10 days and slowly walk. Don't exert too much and treat as relaxing holiday.

thwysg

Reaction score

I'll say all days in Tokyo! Too many places to visit. Been there more than 5 times for 2 weeks (I don't shop for clothes, mainly food and sight-seeing), I still find I do not have enough time to visit all. :)

shadowWizz

Reaction score
Hi all, any idea where to find bowling gloves in Japan?
I'm looking for the MECHATECTER Phiten version (model: ME-5DX). I tried checking the phiten shop online but I can't seem to find it.
All I got from google was also rakuten hits and inaccessible company websites... orz

It'll be good if anyone could recommend a shop along the Yamanote lines, going there by metro is ok too, just needs to be within access of Tokyo city and not too far out. =)

Thanks many many! =)

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
regarding your NEX question, the answer is that you are not looking at the correct times. I need to know why you are trying to do this since NEX is mostly for travelling to or from the airport. Not every NEX will go to Shinjuku side

Cos i m staying at shinjuku mah. Coming from Osaka via sks. I reserved seat till shinagawa cos i tot can take NEX from shinagawa to shinjuku. Y i wan nex is cos w all the luggages, reckon nex is more friendly than taking yamanote train? Less stops less ppl also? Or yamanote line better?

Last edited:

poonyq

Reaction score
Question: If i am purchasing the 72 Hour Tokyo Metro Pass, Is that pass applicable on using JR East Station or Chuo Line?

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be alright. The rush hour generally is between 8am to 9am.

forget if I asked this before but...shinjuku -> maihama (disney sea ) morning got rush hour crowd a not?

For disney sea i wish to reach there before 8am..so probably leave at 7am and it's on a thursday so wondering if will encounter the scary human sardine crowd a not.

So there is a chance of encountering the super crowd...if I got delayed. Why i'm asking is because my gf is very small size and thin...I see those video where they push you inside, i'm not sure how it is like for her if too squeezy.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So there is a chance of encountering the super crowd...if I got delayed. Why i'm asking is because my gf is very small size and thin...I see those video where they push you inside, i'm not sure how it is like for her if too squeezy.

From shinjuku express bus terminal, just take the bus straight to Disney..that's what I did, don't have to squeeze with morning crowd

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my experience in Tokyo.
I went 6 times to Tokyo but i normally stay near Tokyo Station but i do travel during peak hours in the morning.
I never encountered those super crowded like in Video.
In peak hour, is like Jurong East EW line to Raffles during peak hour those crowd which is very manageable.
But not until need those station to push.

Many people who never to Japan got such impression of super crowded lines in Tokyo but actually 99% of the time i am able to get seats! in Singapore it is like 0.01%.

Those crowded lines are not typical lines that tourists will ever take.
Residential area to Business district type of line.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/09/...ring-rush-hour-in-tokyo-osaka-and-nagoya-are/

What you take is Yamanote Line to Tokyo. Then another local line to Maihama which is not crowded at all.

For me, most common line i usually take is Yamanote Line, Ginza Line, Marunouchi Line. The rest not so common. Yamanote Line itself is sufficient to cover most attractions.

Last edited:

Standing Birdy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if my itinerary is like this:
D1 arrive NRT early morning, go kyoto and reach evening/night
D2-4 Kyoto
D5 from Kyoto go Osaka
D6-8 Osaka
D9 from Osaka go Tokyo
D10-16 Tokyo
D16 return HND-SIN

like that should I buy JR pass?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the time of your travel also matters a lot, the Chuo line for example in rush hour would be a bit on the packed side

my koyo trip in November was pretty okay for trains, the Kyoto buses on the other hand was another story

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if my itinerary is like this:
D1 arrive NRT early morning, go kyoto and reach evening/night
D2-4 Kyoto
D5 from Kyoto go Osaka
D6-8 Osaka
D9 from Osaka go Tokyo
D10-16 Tokyo
D16 return HND-SIN

like that should I buy JR pass?

JR pass is mainly to cover expensive rides on shinkansen and ltd express trains. for ur case, tt will be the trip from NRT to Kyoto and Osaka to Tokyo. however, these 2 trips are on day1 and 9, so u cant use a 7-day JR pass. a 14-day pass would not be worth it.
so either just get single trip tickets, or adjust ur itinerary to fit osaka and kyoto into 7 days

Standing Birdy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JR pass is mainly to cover expensive rides on shinkansen and ltd express trains. for ur case, tt will be the trip from NRT to Kyoto and Osaka to Tokyo. however, these 2 trips are on day1 and 9, so u cant use a 7-day JR pass. a 14-day pass would not be worth it.
so either just get single trip tickets, or adjust ur itinerary to fit osaka and kyoto into 7 days

Thanks for reply:)

I will try:
D1 Tokyo to Kyoto
D4 Kyoto to Osaka
D7 Osaka to Tokyo
D7 onwards Tokyo

Need to check the train times:s22:

also, should I buy the JR Kansai Area Pass for the 7 days in Kyoto/Osaka area? I want to daytrip to Nara and also visit Yamazaki distillery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.