Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No more blue label burberry in jap right? What brand is worth hooting in jap now?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gotemba Premium Outlet quite a lot of tourists

many many tiongs n indo chinese

When I went in oct, a lot lesser Chinese tourist than compare to nov 2015..in fact, Tokyo like lesser tiong tourist..

I suspect the xi crackdown on graft have some effect..

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which are the best outlets in/near Tokyo?

Gotemba

I went shisui last oct, the offering wasn't as good as Gotemba..end up we drop by Gotemba(wife wanted to get something from LeCreuset outlet) for awhile during our hakone day trip..

Back in nov 2015, we spend half a day at Gotemba after we left lake kawaguchiko

Last edited:

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why go Japan to shop international brands at the outlets?

I usually prefer to shop for Japan exclusive brands and crafted products when I am in Tokyo. The stuff you can't get outside Japan.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what one wana buy..for us it's becos some items is cheaper there than locally..

Like LeCreuset for example, some might be limited to Japan market only and the pricing is cheaper than sg even during their warehouse sales.

Paid about s$80 for 3 a&f polo over there from nov 15 trip..a quick check at sg a&f store, easily $150 for 3 of them..

For Nike, becos design is not available locally..

So overall it depends on what kind of shopper one is..shop to save or shop for label not available elsewhere..

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone took jejuair from kix-icn?
Possible to have 2 big luggages to be check in for per pax?

I only know they have 15kg check in allowance and 10kg cabin bag. And the amount for each kg exceeded.

I'm not sure if 1person can have 2 big bags. Anyone knows the price?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

JX1983

Reaction score
If arrival and departure from hnd and going to Osaka/Kyoto then get the JRP.. he probably tot u touchdown kix and depart from Tokyo..

As long as doing return trip from Kyoto/Osaka from Tokyo then JRP would be worth it..if one way only then just buy single trip ticket..

Oh.. I get what u are saying.. :( Guess really can't save this JR pass

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i can only visit either Lake Kawaguchiko or Hakone, which one shall i choose?

if your aim is to go see Mount Fuji....go to Kawaguchiko...you can see the mountain upclose from kawaguchiko more than you will ever get a Hakone......if you are going for activities and enjoy a more touristy feel...go to Hakone...there's a pirate shop that goes around Lake Ashi....and there's a Ropeway..and you can walk to Hakone Shine from Moto-Hakone bus station and on the way there's a viewpoint where you can take the iconic photo of Mount Fuji with the torii on the foreground on a clear day...but Owakundani is still closed...it's all very kitsch showa era kind of tourist attractions but all good fun in Hakone...

nemo88

Reaction score
Anyone took jejuair from kix-icn?
Possible to have 2 big luggages to be check in for per pax?

I only know they have 15kg check in allowance and 10kg cabin bag. And the amount for each kg exceeded.

I'm not sure if 1person can have 2 big bags. Anyone knows the price?

Did you look up their website as well as your own ticket for the detailed baggage rules?? Do you think you can keep your '2 big bags' under 15kg?

You might have better luck with info about JejuAir if you posted in the Korea forum.

Last edited:

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went during Xmas and return on New Year

But seem like they r offering more sales n discount after New Year

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you look up their website as well as your own ticket for the detailed baggage rules?? Do you think you can keep your '2 big bags' under 15kg?

You might have better luck with info about JejuAir if you posted in the Korea forum.

My soft copy ticket doesn't shows any info about additional luggage, same goes for jejuair website. I'm ok with paying excess weight, just that I'm not sure if they allow additional luggage.

I've posted in kr section before, but no one seems to know.

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if your aim is to go see Mount Fuji....go to Kawaguchiko...you can see the mountain upclose from kawaguchiko more than you will ever get a Hakone......if you are going for activities and enjoy a more touristy feel...go to Hakone...there's a pirate shop that goes around Lake Ashi....and there's a Ropeway..and you can walk to Hakone Shine from Moto-Hakone bus station and on the way there's a viewpoint where you can take the iconic photo of Mount Fuji with the torii on the foreground on a clear day...but Owakundani is still closed...it's all very kitsch showa era kind of tourist attractions but all good fun in Hakone...

The ropeway is open but the hiking trail is still closed
http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/mlt/f532580/

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The ropeway is open but the hiking trail is still closed
http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/mlt/f532580/

the ropeway sector between sounzan and owakundai is down for maintenance till April 2017.....this was the original sector that was suspended for service in 2015 and a large part of 2016...anyway...the whole point of owakundai is to do the trail...no point really going there if the main attraction is out of bound

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is it possible to cover Kawaguchi & Hakone in a day?

if travelling between Hakone & Kawaguchi, must stop at Gotemba to change bus right?

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if travelling between Hakone & Kawaguchi, must stop at Gotemba to change bus right?

Too rush...won't be able to see much of hakone if u wana touch and go kawaguchiko as well..

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not really.....the Hakone circuit I mentioned will take you at least 3-4hrs and if you travel on weekends...the traffic can be really bad when leaving Hakone....so if you have to that into consideration as well.....and transport is not exactly very cheap as well..JR Pass can't be use at all within Hakone and Kawaguchiko...if you intend to take the course I mentioned in Hakone, total transport cost will be anything from 5-6k Yen...so i'm not very sure if you want to rush it out to cover two places in one day..and that's also why the Hakone Fuji pass is valid for 3 days...u need at least 2 whole day to sufficiently cost the major sites for both places

yes..take the fujikyu bus from Gotemba to reach Kawaguchiko station....express buses require reservation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.