Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if you want to rent, make sure u rent the battery assisted one. Some areas in Kyoto are hilly, like in Higashiyama, it will be very "chuan" if you get those non powered ones.

+1

Even in Nara, I realised that the 'hard' way. And their bikes are not mountain bikes or what so the first slope was some sibei steep one till I had to take a break on the side.

Can't remember if there were the electric bikes available though.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
+1

Even in Nara, I realised that the 'hard' way. And their bikes are not mountain bikes or what so the first slope was some sibei steep one till I had to take a break on the side.

Can't remember if there were the electric bikes available though.
LOL, i wanted to rent powered one in Nara too, but the tiny bicycle shop only have manual ones, so bo bian. In the end so chuan as we rode to Nara park.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
google says there are these 3 shops

Near to Kintetsu Nara
Nara Bicycle Rental 奈良レンタサイクル
Yamato Kanko Rental Cycle @ Kintetsu Nara ヤマト観光レンタサイクル 近鉄奈良店

Near to JR Nara
Yamato Kanko Rental Cycle @ JR Nara ヤマト観光レンタサイクル JR奈良店

can google using the names of the shop

clara03

Reaction score
2 Weeks in Japan - Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe, Mt. Fuji

Deleted post. Opened a new thread instead.

wissdream

Reaction score
Hi,
Need your help for these questions,
1. Can Suica be used for Osaka Kyoto and Nara?
2. Is the 2 day Osaka amazing pass worth to get?
Thanks in advance.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Need your help for these questions,
1. Can Suica be used for Osaka Kyoto and Nara?
2. Is the 2 day Osaka amazing pass worth to get?
Thanks in advance.

A1: yes, usable on the areas mentioned
A2: Depends on your itinerary. Will u visit those places of interest in their list? Will you be taking their subway? You have to do the math to decide if those passes worth or not. If you have no idea and just want to maximize the value the pass have, yes, it's worth the money you paid it for. I bought the 1 day pass, i went for the river cruise, 2 onsens & one Umeda Sky Building. I got back what I paid for with saving.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To go Odaida to see gundam/raindow bridge etc, need travel boat? I'm thinking of I wanna include these into my itinerary. Worth the time/$?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

Cannot comment on worth or not as that's really your call. But to access Odaiba, you can take boat, train or like I did, walked across. The last round I went over is to mainly to walk on the Rainbow Bridge, not so much of visiting Odaiba, which we already done that during a previous trip.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Fastest is to take the Yurikamome line. When are you travelling? They are taking down Gundam for good anytime soon.

Early April this year. Gundam is like museum only ah?

Cannot comment on worth or not as that's really your call. But to access Odaiba, you can take boat, train or like I did, walked across. The last round I went over is to mainly to walk on the Rainbow Bridge, not so much of visiting Odaiba, which we already done that during a previous trip.

There's a museum/mall that sells different types of ramens right?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

thwysg

Reaction score
Early April this year. Gundam is like museum only ah?

There's a museum/mall that sells different types of ramens right?

Museum plus life-sized Gundam model. Model is to be dismantled on 5 March and museum cum gallery to be closed on 5 April.

Ramen themed foodcourt is in Aqua City. Takoyaki themed foodcourt is in Decks.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Museum plus life-sized Gundam model. Model is to be dismantled on 5 March and museum cum gallery to be closed on 5 April.

Ramen themed foodcourt is in Aqua City. Takoyaki themed foodcourt is in Decks.

The ramen themed food court in Aqua City has been renovated to a much less interesting atmosphere. It's now walled-up into individual ramen stores so if you are in a group, you'd have to decide on just one.

The food court in Daiba City has a good ramen stall.

thwysg

Reaction score
The ramen themed food court in Aqua City has been renovated to a much less interesting atmosphere. It's now walled-up into individual ramen stores so if you are in a group, you'd have to decide on just one.

The food court in Daiba City has a good ramen stall.

You meant DiverCity?

Wowster

Reaction score
A1: yes, usable on the areas mentioned
A2: Depends on your itinerary. Will u visit those places of interest in their list? Will you be taking their subway? You have to do the math to decide if those passes worth or not. If you have no idea and just want to maximize the value the pass have, yes, it's worth the money you paid it for. I bought the 1 day pass, i went for the river cruise, 2 onsens & one Umeda Sky Building. I got back what I paid for with saving.

Hi,

I read somewhere that Suica can be used in Kyoto & Tokyo, can it be use on all subway lines like Karasuma & Keihan etc?

Thanks!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I read somewhere that Suica can be used in Kyoto & Tokyo, can it be use on all subway lines like Karasuma & Keihan etc?

Thanks!
yes, can. Last time not on Kyoto buses, but now can too. so it's like 100% compatible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.