Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

clara03

Reaction score
Is there any directs bullet train from Shin-Osaka Station back to Tokyo?
Is it worth to buy a single one-way ticket just to experience the bullet train? :s22:

salik89

Reaction score
Hey there, me and my friend were planning to go on our first 10-Days trip to Japan in April.
A couple of questions:

1. Is it worth getting 7 days JR pass? We are planning to travel to Osaka/Kyoto (and Nara, tbc), spending about 4-5 days there and back to Tokyo.
2. Is there such a thing like Shinkansen 1-Day pass? (Noob question) I asked because while I see that there is a 1-day Tokyo pass but it does not seems to cover the trip to Haneda Airport
3. I know that it is better to get reserved seating for Shinkansen. Can that be done online and what is the time period that I can book it for the next day ride? Eg. I will be taking the train on Monday, can I book it on Sunday?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any directs bullet train from Shin-Osaka Station back to Tokyo?
Is it worth to buy a single one-way ticket just to experience the bullet train? :s22:

All tokaido Shinkansen will pass those stations. Those are the most important train stops along that route

Shin Osaka - Kyoto - Nagoya - Tokyo.

If want to just experience, can buy short trip like Tokyo to Shinagawa. 6 mins ride and cost maybe $13 one way.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there, me and my friend were planning to go on our first 10-Days trip to Japan in April.
A couple of questions:

1. Is it worth getting 7 days JR pass? We are planning to travel to Osaka/Kyoto (and Nara, tbc), spending about 4-5 days there and back to Tokyo.
2. Is there such a thing like Shinkansen 1-Day pass? (Noob question) I asked because while I see that there is a 1-day Tokyo pass but it does not seems to cover the trip to Haneda Airport
3. I know that it is better to get reserved seating for Shinkansen. Can that be done online and what is the time period that I can book it for the next day ride? Eg. I will be taking the train on Monday, can I book it on Sunday?

1. Cheapest Shinkansen Nozomi ticket round trip between Tokyo and Shin Osaka is 27240 Yen. Cheapest JR Ticket 7 days is 29110 Yen. So as long as you take round trip + some misc local train might be able to cover the cost of JR Pass.
But there are ways to save money on Shinkansen like taking certain plans like Kodama train which cost 20,600 Yen for round trip. So u need to make your calculation carefully.

2. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html

3. No difference between reserved or non reserved seating except during peak period where non reserved is full. Reservation window earliest 1 month before the date of the ride and latest is a few mins before departure.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, 1st time go Tokyo.
plan to go Nikko, Hakone, Kawagoe day trip, is it too rush?

Day 1 - reach Haneda 9am,
explore Asakusa
check in hotel in Asakusa, explore surrounding area, sky-tree in the evening.

Day 2 - Nikko day trip, take earliest train 6:20am cause train station near hotel.

Day 3 - Hakone day trip.

Day 4 - Kawagoe day trip.

Day 5 - Mitaka Ghibhli museum, Odaiba day trip.

Day 6 - check out hotel.
explore Ueno,
check in hotel in Shinjuku,
explore Shinjuku.

Day 7 - explore Tsukiji market, Ginza, Roppongi

Day 8 - check out hotel.
explore Shinjuku.
evening flight from Narita.

Last edited:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, 1st time go Tokyo.
plan to go Nikko, Hakone, Kawagoe day trip, is it too rush?

Day 1 - reach Haneda 9am,
see see look look Shinjuku,
check in hotel in Asakusa, explore surrounding area, sky-tree in the evening.

Day 2 - Nikko day trip, take earliest train 6:20am cause train station near hotel.

Day 3 - Hakone day trip.

Day 4 - Kawagoe day trip.

Day 5 - Mitaka Ghibhli museum, Odaiba day trip.

Day 6 - check out hotel.
explore Ueno,
check in hotel in Shinjuku,
explore Shinjuke.

Day 7 - explore Tsukiji market, Ginza, Roppongi

Day 8 - check out hotel.
explore Shinjuku.
evening flight from Narita.

Good pace. but seems that u skipping a few important attractions in Tokyo like Harajuku, Shibuya, Meiji Shrine, Akihabara? No Disneyland/sea as well?

For day trip i will recommend Kamakura instead of Kawagoe.
Hakone is fine for day trip but just that part of the appeal of Hakone is onsen which hard to do in day trip

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good pace. but seems that u skipping a few important attractions in Tokyo like Harajuku, Shibuya, Meiji Shrine, Akihabara? No Disneyland/sea as well?

For day trip i will recommend Kamakura instead of Kawagoe.
Hakone is fine for day trip but just that part of the appeal of Hakone is onsen which hard to do in day trip

not interested in theme park…
juz wan2 noe for 1st timer is it too rush for going 3 suburban places…

juz found out Ghibli Museum too far from Odaiba…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.