Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I right to say that if you have taken the Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway, it is kinda duplicate if you take Hakone ropeway again?

hakone one is longer and act like a transportation mode.

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
IMO, do at least Kinkakuji then head to Kurama/Kibune bah.

Kurama/Kibune are linked with a hiking trail. It's popular among the Japanese to visit both via the trail.

Hmm, might do just that. Maybe try Kinkakuji in the morning then head to Kurama/Kibune in the late morning.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, noted about that. I will try to collate the amount on where I am going and see if buying a pass is worth it. Or come back here again with more questions

IMO if you're traveling within Tokyo itself, just Sucia will do.

Just use Sucia, it give you flexibility of boarding JR or Metro at the best route to your destination.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

If you get certain subway pass, you will only restricted yourself by the given choice of subway operator from the pass.

Getting the metro + JR day pass, even you able to make full use of it, meaning ride until the value get return, it means you're rushing many places in one day too!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to check, what is the cheapest way to make call to Singapore from Japan or incoming calls?

Based on my research, Japan do not sell any prepaid voice SIM card only data right?

Or would it be better to get a prepaid card in Singapore then call forward my fixed line number to the prepaid card??

TIA

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to check, what is the cheapest way to make call to Singapore from Japan or incoming calls?

Based on my research, Japan do not sell any prepaid voice SIM card only data right?

Or would it be better to get a prepaid card in Singapore then call forward my fixed line number to the prepaid card??

TIA

I uses iijmio for data sim, I see it got option to charge it for overseas call but so far never try before.

https://t.iijmio.jp/en/index.html

http://www.brastel.com/eng/japantravelsim

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is one, Tokyo Station to Shinagawa Station! :s13:

Oh yeah. That is right. There are other shinkansen routes within Kanto region via different lines. Then again, it is silly to spend too much for a very short trip. *shocked*

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use skype credit to call land or mobile lines when you use a dataroaming in JP

Reaction score
You can use skype credit to call land or mobile lines when you use a dataroaming in JP

Wow that seems like a affordable option. Does the caller have to have Skype too?

* I also saw that they have a one month free trial. Maybe I could try that!

Have u try the one month free trial before? Is it legit free trial?

Thanks

Last edited:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I right to say that if you have taken the Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway, it is kinda duplicate if you take Hakone ropeway again?

completely different. not duplicate.
Kachi Kachi is for going up to view Mount Fuji from height

Hakone is for the going to Owakudani mainly. Got some view but don't think can see Mount Fuji.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hakone ropeway have mt fuji view too. But imo, the angle is less beutiful and less typical than from kawaguchigo side.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow that seems like a affordable option. Does the caller have to have Skype too?

* I also saw that they have a one month free trial. Maybe I could try that!

Have u try the one month free trial before? Is it legit free trial?

Thanks

If you have a skype phone number (need to sign up for this service), others can call you at the number but to you it will be a skype call that uses data.

if you and caller use web, can use whatsapp or line to call each other too.

daranic

Reaction score
completely different. not duplicate.
Kachi Kachi is for going up to view Mount Fuji from height

Hakone is for the going to Owakudani mainly. Got some view but don't think can see Mount Fuji.

Does the Hakone Tozan Cable Car also bring you up to Owakudani but from the other direction? Or is it only to Sounzan?

Also like to know if we get the Hakone freepass, does it include 2-way transport to/fro Shinjuku or only from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto?

I want to the Hakone Freepass for 2 days and then move on to Kawaguchiko for another 2 nights with car rental. Which package will be best for my case?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the Hakone Tozan Cable Car also bring you up to Owakudani but from the other direction? Or is it only to Sounzan?

Also like to know if we get the Hakone freepass, does it include 2-way transport to/fro Shinjuku or only from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto?

I want to the Hakone Freepass for 2 days and then move on to Kawaguchiko for another 2 nights with car rental. Which package will be best for my case?

Just a short distance between Gora and Sounzan, can see from this link here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5203.html

Wont get to Owakudani except transfer to Ropeway or bus from Sounzan

The Odakyu Hakone Freepass covers return trips.

daranic

Reaction score
Just a short distance between Gora and Sounzan, can see from this link here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5203.html

Wont get to Owakudani except transfer to Ropeway or bus from Sounzan

The Odakyu Hakone Freepass covers return trips.

If I purchase the Hakone Freepass without the transport from Shinjuku (@¥4,000), how do I check via hyperdia the time and rate of the train from Shinjuku to Odawara? I tried using hyperdia but there is no station with name "Odakyu Shinjuku".

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I purchase the Hakone Freepass without the transport from Shinjuku (@¥4,000), how do I check via hyperdia the time and rate of the train from Shinjuku to Odawara? I tried using hyperdia but there is no station with name "Odakyu Shinjuku".

Key in starting stn Shinjuku(JR) will do. It will show u various options of reaching Odawara, including Odakyu.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for JR pass, if let say i want to use it on my 6th day of the trip.. do i only exchange on the 6th day when i am gg to use it. or can i exchange it on the first day and actually "activate" only on the 6th day?

also using hyperdia, i understand i can filter out private rail to see route that can fully use JR pass. but if i dun mind a mixture of JR transport with non JR for convenience. how will i able to identify which transport i can use JR pass and which to purchase a tix?

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for JR pass, if let say i want to use it on my 6th day of the trip.. do i only exchange on the 6th day when i am gg to use it. or can i exchange it on the first day and actually "activate" only on the 6th day?

also using hyperdia, i understand i can filter out private rail to see route that can fully use JR pass. but if i dun mind a mixture of JR transport with non JR for convenience. how will i able to identify which transport i can use JR pass and which to purchase a tix?

Yes. With JR pass, you can enter and exit the manned gantry of JR stations. When you reach non-JR station, you cannot enter and exit. Time for you to switch to paid ticket or IC. The company logo will tell you whether it is JR or non-JR.

If you ever take Shinkansen, JR Pass itself will tell you that you cannot take Nozumi and Mizuho Shinkansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.