Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, wanna ask if 1hr+ sufficient to transit within haneda? I seeing domestic to international mentioned no need collect luggage on ana
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/sg/e/asw_common/serviceinfo/information/checkin.html

But under haneda website need wor
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/dept/dms_int.html

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT
Ur entire trip is by ana? If so, ana will ensure u can make it thru.
Maybe call ana to confirm with them on the luggage?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
qKq1N7B.jpg

for my first trip using Mazda 2, I keep trying to look into Mazda2 in SG to check boot space. Also told other fren not to bring her 32" bag that she was used to. :s13:

hand carry cabin-bag shld be 19-20" excluding wheel height ??

@evilerniex, my cabin bag is around this size (similar to ocean's) :s11:
i sat scoot that time and they seems ok with the lugg size :s11:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Not as many cars, except for city area.
Gps wun cockup one. But sometimes there are road closure and gps will not have tt info. That becomes a problem if u are in mountainous area and there are no alternatives routes, which is wat happened to me.
Good thing i brought a paper map and i used tt to find our way. Had to skirt around an entire mountain, detoured for 80+km

will they like "inform" the people that the particular road will have closure? eg via online etc? or its just depends on ur luck liao?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will they like "inform" the people that the particular road will have closure? eg via online etc? or its just depends on ur luck liao?

The only ones that will be problematic are those mountain passes or mountain roads, where the road is the only one through it.

eg) during winter, Shiretoko Pass to Rausu from Shari is closed for several months. There r notices in nearby Michi and also overhead signs signalling road closure leading up to the pass.

If concerned, go to nearby Michi No Eki, ask Info Counter or look for notices pinned up for major road closures, or ask your hotel.

Not all road closures may be known, but I wouldnt be too worried. I have met with a few in my trips but nothing major like evilerniex's.

You shld get wifi / data to have access to Google Map as a backup. Once u get on an alternative route, the car's GPS wld automatically re-calculate the route.

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, wanna ask if 1hr+ sufficient to transit within haneda? I seeing domestic to international mentioned no need collect luggage on ana
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/sg/e/asw_common/serviceinfo/information/checkin.html

But under haneda website need wor
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/dept/dms_int.html

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT

1hr quite tight, but not impossible.
The moment u get out of arrivals at HND, just turn right to check in for domestic.

Unless u need to get JR pass at HND, then it's an entirely different story.... :o

bluebellas

Reaction score
Osaka-Tokyo-Osaka

Hi, I'm planning a 10 day trip to Osaka end nov. Hubby would like to go to Tokyo's one piece tower so I am deliberating between paying more for open jaw tix or just go for a side trip from Osaka.

Any views?

Our first time to Osaka.

Thanks in advance!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning a 10 day trip to Osaka end nov. Hubby would like to go to Tokyo's one piece tower so I am deliberating between paying more for open jaw tix or just go for a side trip from Osaka.

Any views?

Our first time to Osaka.

Thanks in advance!

How much more for arriving at KIX and departing from HND??

Add this one way shinkansen ticket into the calculation.. Hikari from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo -> ¥14,140 per pax.

Day trip from Osaka?? If not getting JRP(Which is around S$350/pax or more depending on exchange rate for 7D pass) then u would need to pay like at least ¥28,280/pax for Hikari return ticket to Tokyo and back..And 3hr journey per leg so 6hrs on the train just for a day trip.

So it is much better to arrive KIX and leave by HND if you need to go Tokyo..

my noob advice...

Last edited:

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning a 15-day trip with a flight in to Kix and departure via Nrt.
Basically covering Osaka, Kyoto and nearby areas, then taking shinkansen to Tokyo. Was trying to figure out the cost effectiveness of buying JR pass; with the pass would likely venture further afield but probably rushed.
So I came across this discount fare between Shin Osaka / Kyoto to Tokyo by Platt Kodomo :
http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/
apparently one can also buy from stations at Shin-Osaka/Kyoto :
http://jprail.com/travel-informatio...agoya-kyoto-and-shin-osaka-by-shinkansen.html
but must buy one day before travel and journey's 1 hr to 1-1/2 hr longer but you get to save $46-50 (would save quite a bit for family group)

nemo88

Reaction score
How expensive is it to ship packages home from Japan? Is it as cheap as Korea? My friend tells me she go Lotte Supermarket and just ship her buys to Singapore not expensive no need to carry around. Wondering what kind of charges it would be for Japan. I have so little luggage allowance and so many things to hoot :s13:

laeticia

Reaction score
How expensive is it to ship packages home from Japan? Is it as cheap as Korea? My friend tells me she go Lotte Supermarket and just ship her buys to Singapore not expensive no need to carry around. Wondering what kind of charges it would be for Japan. I have so little luggage allowance and so many things to hoot :s13:
You can refer to Japan Post website for rates. This is the rate schedule for shipping to Singapore

YnFKMvel.png

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

nemo88

Reaction score
I'm asking more if there are special rates or deals that one can find, or people's personal experiences on what options worked best for them. I know and looked up Japan Post already.

laeticia

Reaction score
Oh my friend who goes to Japan quite regularly rec me to just use Japan Post since the rates are quite reasonable to send 1 box of stuff.

Personally I max out my luggage entitlement. Next trip planning to take airport limousine instead of NEX so I don't need to drag all my stuff.

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

Last edited:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah Japan Post is very good. and fast as well

I brought my tea from Kyoto online and they always use Japan post to ship to Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.