Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yap, i saw.. but just wana get first hand xp from folks there

I have not tried July weather but I've been in June and it was hot and sunny during the day whereas at night, it can be quite cool and breezy. July should be warmer with more rain. In short, SG-like weather.

thwysg

Reaction score
I have not tried July weather but I've been in June and it was hot and sunny during the day whereas at night, it can be quite cool and breezy. July should be warmer with more rain. In short, SG-like weather.

Been there in end July (one week) and August (first two weeks) some years back. Zero rain. Everyday was around 30°-37°. One day in Disneyland got us totally roasted. Just need to be prepared for hot weather and an umbrella (for rain and shine).

Rain comes only if there's a passing typhoon.

nemo88

Reaction score
Oh my friend who goes to Japan quite regularly rec me to just use Japan Post since the rates are quite reasonable to send 1 box of stuff.

Personally I max out my luggage entitlement. Next trip planning to take airport limousine instead of NEX so I don't need to drag all my stuff.

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

Hahah ok maybe I too greedy want to send many things looking for cheaper options. Actually max luggage can bring a lot of things back already.... but more worried about lugging suitcase lor. Staying in Airbnb that is not that far from airport bus but you never know how easy the walk really is!

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got visit eastern hokkaido (like say obihiro,kushiro, abashiri) during winter using public transport?

Planning to add in this areas for my upcoming trip since im going to asahikawa.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone got visit eastern hokkaido (like say obihiro,kushiro, abashiri) during winter using public transport?

Planning to add in this areas for my upcoming trip since im going to asahikawa.

Interested to know too... Possible to go around Hokkaido without driving?

thwysg

Reaction score
Interested to know too... Possible to go around Hokkaido without driving?

Possible. Why not? Just that you need to cater more time for traveling. Need to plan properly and not miss any of the trains. If nothing goes wrong, I'll be heading to Hokkaido via train from Tokyo next February.

chirurene

Reaction score
I am wondering is end March around 29th-31st a good time to visit Kyoto for sakura viewing? Not expecting full bloom but I hope there are some clusters that will bloom early :o

sgdividends

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it ok to drive during 8 Dec to 10 Dec at Hakone?
I am concern about the icy roads.

Am thinking of renting a car from Odawara station.
Is there any tips or tricks i can prepare for to get a good value rental car abd anything i need to watch out for like dishonest car dealers or insurance?

It will be 6 adults plus one 3 yo, so would be getting a minivan.
A quick check would be Nissan Serena or Elgrand but the Elgrand seems so much more expensive and i wonder if it is worth the extra expense.

Any suggestions or contructive comments would help! Thanks!

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Possible. Why not? Just that you need to cater more time for traveling. Need to plan properly and not miss any of the trains. If nothing goes wrong, I'll be heading to Hokkaido via train from Tokyo next February.

You bought JR 7 day pass?

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score

I see. I took the bullet train from tokyo to hokkaido last nov. It was a great experience. So this time round wants to visit the eastern side. Need more planning as the train n bus is not so frequent.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi, qn on JAL seat changing, i booked through expedia... would like to know how far ahead can we change seats ah? thanks

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Anybody know when will SQ release the available seats for us to change our seating? is it 48hrs before flight kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.