Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
but for sq, do they also able to select seats while booking?

Yes. Not that many regular airlines allow that for promo fares nowadays. Thankfully SQ is still one of those that allow seat selection as at time of booking, for now.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. Not that many regular airlines allow that for promo fares nowadays. Thankfully SQ is still one of those that allow seat selection as at time of booking, for now.

I read someone's blog and they said for kr air can select seat too, but anyone can confirm? I might need to postpone the purchasing of ticket to oct/early nov due to my mum's passport issue.. worried that by then the window seats will be taken up.

nemo88

Reaction score
I read someone's blog and they said for kr air can select seat too, but anyone can confirm? I might need to postpone the purchasing of ticket to oct/early nov due to my mum's passport issue.. worried that by then the window seats will be taken up.

Window seats not that hard to get - it's aisle seats that go first. Oct/nov purchase for a late April travel is still ok.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, no issue..last year flew with Ana on promo fares also choose during booking..

normally when will ana open their ticketing?

Window seats not that hard to get - it's aisle seats that go first. Oct/nov purchase for a late April travel is still ok.

cause i'll be buying for 3 ppl, so im aiming aisle's too! btw normally when the stewardess serve the food, it starts from the back seat or front? i heard many gd reviews on the bibimbap on kr air, scared later OOS due to my seats :s13::vijayadmin:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cause i'll be buying for 3 ppl, so im aiming aisle's too! btw normally when the stewardess serve the food, it starts from the back seat or front? i heard many gd reviews on the bibimbap on kr air, scared later OOS due to my seats :s13::vijayadmin:

I usually do my booking in jan for oct/nov travel...

nemo88

Reaction score

Most airlines load their tickets about (but less than) 1 year in advance, but promotional fares will be much less. The Japan experience fares are often only available in 3-6mth batches, im sure to allow for adjustment of pricing.

Food service from front or back depends on airlines and sector. Often they will switch so start from front on departing flight then from back in return flight or vv. Already going to Korea liao just focus on the good food on the ground bah. Economy class airplane food is still airplane food.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Most airlines load their tickets about (but less than) 1 year in advance, but promotional fares will be much less. The Japan experience fares are often only available in 3-6mth batches, im sure to allow for adjustment of pricing.

Food service from front or back depends on airlines and sector. Often they will switch so start from front on departing flight then from back in return flight or vv. Already going to Korea liao just focus on the good food on the ground bah. Economy class airplane food is still airplane food.

OH icic.. no wonder their domestic flights not available yet.
cause i hardly take such airline, so must make full use :(

yingzhi7

Reaction score
Going to Osaka & Kyoto with my friends in Nov. 6 of us. Is it better that we get a pocket wifi or SIM cards for everyone?

Any recommendations for cheap SIM card plans?

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bamboo forest is at the rear exit of Tenryuji. So most people would go to Tenryuji and then proceed to bamboo forest.

As for onsen, depends on you. In Kawaguchiko there are some ryokan with private in room outdoor onsen. From the onsen you can view Mount Fuji and relax. Also got chance to sleep on Futon on tatami floor in some ryokan. I think Japan trip would be incomplete without a stay in onsen ryokan.

Thank you for the initial help anyhowsaysay.
Here’s a rough itinerary I have built.

Kyoto
Day 1: Mon
Late noon
• Arrive @ Haneda airport
• Stay & explore @ Shinagawa
• Rest

Day 2: Tue
Morning
• Head to Kyoto & check in hotel near Kyoto station
• Nara park
• Mt. Wakakusa
• Todai-ji Temple
Noon
• Back to hotel for rest
Night
• 2 hr hike @ Fushimi Inari shrine for sunset
• Gion
• Rest

Kyoto & Toyko
Day 3: Wed
Morning
• Head to Arashiyama & rent a bike
• Bamboo Forest around 6am then Tenryū-ji Temple
• Togetsukyo bridge & cycle to explore rest of area
Noon
• Back to hotel for check out
• Check in hotel at Shinjuku
Night
• Tokyo Metro Govt Building sunset/night view
• Head to Ikebukuro (Pokemon center & explore the area)
• Rest

Toyko
Day 4: Thur
• Disneysea (will prefer to skip the weekends)

Day 5: Fri
• Harajuku
• Shibaya
• Rest

Day 6: Sat
Morning
• Breakfast @ Tsukiji Fish Market
Noon
• ?
Night
• Ginza

Day 7: Sun
• ?

Day 8: Mon
• ?

Day 9: Tue
Morning flight @ Haneda Airport

Currently have 2 days empty,
wish to slot in an private Onsen & Ryokan overooking Mt Fuji & sightseeing experience.
Which area is recommended (Hakone or Kawaguchiko or which of the 5 lakes)?

Pls advise on the flow, am flexible with edits/additions.
Thank you!

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now reserving restaurants in Kyoto via my hotel.

At first they got seats available.
Then suddenly hotel told me restaurant only accept japanese speaker

Then i replied to hotel that i been learning Japanese since 3 years ago so i do know how to speak Japanese plus i also go Japan many times before.

Then Hotel said, restaurant still not willing to accept

I think that restaurant is looking for native Japanese. Nothing to do with Japanese language.
Even through Japan got much more tourists from overseas, discrimination is still there.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stay calm and forward looking. You deserve a better place. Found another one yet?

Now reserving restaurants in Kyoto via my hotel.

At first they got seats available.
Then suddenly hotel told me restaurant only accept japanese speaker

Then i replied to hotel that i been learning Japanese since 3 years ago so i do know how to speak Japanese plus i also go Japan many times before.

Then Hotel said, restaurant still not willing to accept

I think that restaurant is looking for native Japanese. Nothing to do with Japanese language.
Even through Japan got much more tourists from overseas, discrimination is still there.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the initial help anyhowsaysay.
Here’s a rough itinerary I have built.

Kyoto
Day 1: Mon
Late noon
• Arrive @ Haneda airport
• Stay & explore @ Shinagawa
• Rest

Day 2: Tue
Morning
• Head to Kyoto & check in hotel near Kyoto station
• Nara park
• Mt. Wakakusa
• Todai-ji Temple
Noon
• Back to hotel for rest
Night
• 2 hr hike @ Fushimi Inari shrine for sunset
• Gion
• Rest

Kyoto & Toyko
Day 3: Wed
Morning
• Head to Arashiyama & rent a bike
• Bamboo Forest around 6am then Tenryū-ji Temple
• Togetsukyo bridge & cycle to explore rest of area
Noon
• Back to hotel for check out
• Check in hotel at Shinjuku
Night
• Tokyo Metro Govt Building sunset/night view
• Head to Ikebukuro (Pokemon center & explore the area)
• Rest

Toyko
Day 4: Thur
• Disneysea (will prefer to skip the weekends)

Day 5: Fri
• Harajuku
• Shibaya
• Rest

Day 6: Sat
Morning
• Breakfast @ Tsukiji Fish Market
Noon
• ?
Night
• Ginza

Day 7: Sun
• ?

Day 8: Mon
• ?

Day 9: Tue
Morning flight @ Haneda Airport

Currently have 2 days empty,
wish to slot in an private Onsen & Ryokan overooking Mt Fuji & sightseeing experience.
Which area is recommended (Hakone or Kawaguchiko or which of the 5 lakes)?

Pls advise on the flow, am flexible with edits/additions.
Thank you!

Day 2 seems a bit rush. If you take Shinkansen to Kyoto, earliest you will reach is 9:14 if you are using JR Pass. Then check in Hotel especially will be around 10am already. to Nara u need one hour ride from Kyoto so it is almost 11-12.
If you stick to Nara on Day 2 then u likely will only finish Nara around 3-4pm? Then go back Kyoto already 5-6pm.

Fushimi Inari -> Depends on which period u going. Japan sunset might be quite early. 4-5pm those kind.

Day 3. Arashiyama quite small, i don't think need cycle. Need to check sunrise timing as well or else will be quite dark.

If you want to see Mount Fuji then only Kawaguchiko possible to do so (Hakone cannot).
But then Kawaguchiko not so easy to from Kyoto.
If for me, I will go back Tokyo for 1 night then proceed to Kawaguchiko stay 1-2 nights before staying at Tokyo until end of trip. Alternatively, i think your Kyoto stay is too short. U should consider increasing the length by decreasing Tokyo leg.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will look at Day 2 again and see whether I could remove a place.

For flow of day 3, how can it be improved?

U mentioned heading to Kawaguchiko from Toyko, which day is advisable?(except day 4 as I prefer Disneyland not to be weekends.)

Day 2 seems a bit rush. If you take Shinkansen to Kyoto, earliest you will reach is 9:14 if you are using JR Pass. Then check in Hotel especially will be around 10am already. to Nara u need one hour ride from Kyoto so it is almost 11-12.
If you stick to Nara on Day 2 then u likely will only finish Nara around 3-4pm? Then go back Kyoto already 5-6pm.

Fushimi Inari -> Depends on which period u going. Japan sunset might be quite early. 4-5pm those kind.

Day 3. Arashiyama quite small, i don't think need cycle. Need to check sunrise timing as well or else will be quite dark.

If you want to see Mount Fuji then only Kawaguchiko possible to do so (Hakone cannot).
But then not so easy to from Kyoto.
If for me, I will go back Tokyo for 1 night then proceed to Kawaguchiko stay 1-2 nights before staying at Tokyo until end of trip. Alternatively, i think your Kyoto stay is too short. U should consider increasing the length by decreasing Tokyo leg.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, is it advisable to do 1N or 2N at
Kawaguchiko lake?

Activities will be cycling, cable car, ryokan experience.

Any ryokan with full package(food and private onsen - lower priority will be going for public) to recommend?

Good views of Fuji and food is of priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.