Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, im transiting at Haneda instead.

Reading this makes me feel the pain :s13:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/hnd/transit/

if transit at HND, confirm must go through JP immigration and customs with you luggage, once you walk out after customs, turn right and walk until you can see ANA and JAL luggage check in counters for domestic flights (BIC shop is near those counters). After that there's a path leading to the "bus terminal" for you to take to the domestic terminal

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between Haneda International Airport to the domestic airport, it's not far right? :s13:

must cater time to wait for the bus, and for the actual bus ride.....

better run once you get off the plane at HND, run to immigration, run to luggage carousel, run to customs, run to domestic luggage check-in, run to domestic security check-in, run to bus terminal, take the bus (cos u cannot run to domestic terminal from international terminal)....

Then after u reach domestic terminal, do whatever you like if you still got spare time,.....

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New chitose airport got Shiroi Koibito"and potatoes farm?

Yup, have.. But sometimes sold out especially if got china tourist come sweep everything

if you are visiting hokkaido, why not just by in the city?
you can get the same tax free price (if spend >JPY5000, which isnt hard), and you can pack them in your luggage. no risk of china tourist sweeping them out also. buying at airport means you will need to hand carry.

Ellzzz

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know where to get those dried scallop for soup in Osaka? Heard that Kuromon market might have but unable to find any in my previous trip. Thanks!

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to tack on a comment for the haneda domestic terminal, it has better shops.

FreedomDy

Reaction score
From the looks of your current itinerary, you won't be able to cover the cost of Hokuriku Arch Pass. You can't use it to cover Tokyo > Nagoya. The only trains you're taking would be Kyoto > Kanazawa and Kanazawa > Tokyo. Even if you used it at the start of the trip, you'll still end up with only two long train trips.
http://hokuriku-arch-pass.com/en/

Unless you rearrange your dates for the use of the pass - 2D in Osaka, 2D in Kyoto, 2D in Kanazawa and the last day (Day 7) Kanazawa to Tokyo. You'll have 3 long trips.

Thanks for the reply ! sorry for the late reply, completely forgot about my post lol. If that's the case do you think it's more worth it for me to get the 14days JR Pass starting from 2nd day(18Dec) since i'll be reaching at 9pm+ on the first day.

thwysg

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ! sorry for the late reply, completely forgot about my post lol. If that's the case do you think it's more worth it for me to get the 14days JR Pass starting from 2nd day(18Dec) since i'll be reaching at 9pm+ on the first day.

Where are you flying in and out? Which airports?

Long distance train rides -
Tokyo > Nagoya ¥10,880
Nagoya > Tokyo ¥10,880
Kanazawa > Tokyo ¥14,120
Kyoto > Kanazawa ¥6,900
Total - ¥42,780

14D JR Pass ¥46,390

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am heading to osaka and Tokyo on 18Nov. Wonder how cold is it and what kind of clothing is needed?

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@ahs Im spending my last night in kobe.. will it be wise to take the ferry from kobe airport to kix or take the train? Thanks!

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am heading to osaka and Tokyo on 18Nov. Wonder how cold is it and what kind of clothing is needed?

Cold tolerance is very subjective. Some people find 17° just nice and cooling, while some already need sweater and need to stick hands into pockets for warmth.

For me, I'd just bring a fleece jacket and a good windbreaker along. During the day you might not need anything, but in the evening or when the wind comes, you'll be glad you have that windbreaker with you.

Cutie79

Reaction score
Transport options out of Narita airport is either NEX, Keisei skyliner or the Keisei main line. Travelling time and terminal stations differ.

I would suggest the following
1. Day 3 split into 2 halves.
2. Slot in Odaiba on Day 6. You will find the travelling much more smoother.
3. Asakusa can be on it's own

No go Akihabara?
Noted on ur suggestion, maybr will slot the Akihabara if time permitted

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cold tolerance is very subjective. Some people find 17° just nice and cooling, while some already need sweater and need to stick hands into pockets for warmth.

For me, I'd just bring a fleece jacket and a good windbreaker along. During the day you might not need anything, but in the evening or when the wind comes, you'll be glad you have that windbreaker with you.

Noted! Thanks so much!

FreedomDy

Reaction score
Where are you flying in and out? Which airports?

Long distance train rides -
Tokyo > Nagoya ¥10,880
Nagoya > Tokyo ¥10,880
Kanazawa > Tokyo ¥14,120
Kyoto > Kanazawa ¥6,900
Total - ¥42,780

14D JR Pass ¥46,390

I'm flying in at Osaka Kansai Intl, flying out at tokyo haneda airport.

thwysg

Reaction score
I'm flying in at Osaka Kansai Intl, flying out at tokyo haneda airport.

I don't know where you'll be staying in Osaka city. Use Hyperdia.com to calculate the rest of the train trips. Could use it from 17 Dec (D1 if you're going straight into the town) to 30 Dec (D14). Take Limited Express Haruka from Kansai Airport, that's already ¥2,230 to Tennoji station. Should be able to break even if you did day trips to Kobe or even Himeji or Nara.

Get a ICOCA if you do not have any IC card.

Täuschung

Reaction score
hi guys, would like to seek your opinions on below itinerary 19th Dec (arrival 530pm)to 3rd Jan (departure 3pm), fly in & out @ osaka

D1 tue) check in probably namba area> dinner @ dotonburi /shop @ shinsaibashi
D2 wed) ichiba kuromon Market > explore osaka (osaka castle perhaps?) > midosuji illumination sights (is the day too 'light')
D3 thur) himeiji castle > dinner @ osaka (dunno which area yet)
D4 fri) nara >dinner @ Higashimuki> return to osaka

D5 sat) osaka > kyoto (reach by noon) > check in > explore nishiki market and/or karawamanchi
D6 sun) rent kimono > kiyomizudera > ko-daiji > fushimi Inari (i see alot itinerary include arashiyama & baboo forest together with kiyomizudera in same day, is there seriously enough time?)
D7 mon) xmas day: arashiyama & bamboo forest

D8 tue) activate 7D JR pass.
kyoto > tokyo shinjuku (reach by noon)> explore shinjuku rest of day (is it gg to be v boring?)

D9 wed) shinjuku > hakone > overnight @ ryokan

D10 thur) hakone > tokyo (unsure shinjuku or tokyo station yet)
D11 fri) tokyo > yuzawa (reach by 11?) > late afternoon ard 5pm head to echigo yuzawa station to check out the souvenir/sake stores? > head back tokyo (not sure if the day is too rush)
D12 sat) tsujiki market> asakusa > harajuku
D13 sun) new year eve..not sure head where, probably countdown at temple? any suggestions?

D14 mon) new year day. after lunch head back osaka? is there anywhere i can explore in the morning? <7D JR pass ends
D15 tue) osaka..dunno go where
D16 wed) probably ard 1130 need check out & start to leave for airport? departure at 3pm

do you guys think i have put too much time in osaka/ kyoto? i was trying to rely on just 7D JR pass..do you guys think it will be better if i simply just buy a 14D so that i can have more time in tokyo? although i really not sure what other places i can explore w/i tokyo.

also, what additional pass do you think i should invest in for the osaka to kyoto days? or is it better if i just use the icoca card? apologies for the lengthy post & qns..first time gg japan & its a impromptu trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.