Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what time the fish shops in ameyoko close? I want to buy a fresh octopus but will reach around 10 am earliest.Serious. For a potoshoot on the same day.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Halal food products will probably be a personal effort. I know of mobile apps that can check via bar code scanning if the product is halal or haram

Ameyoko fresh produce market should still be open at 10am. Might be easier of you approach them and make a reservation. Higher chance of you getting what you need for sure that way

nemo88

Reaction score
does anyone know what time the fish shops in ameyoko close? I want to buy a fresh octopus but will reach around 10 am earliest.Serious. For a potoshoot on the same day.

10am is fine. The stalls are open until afternoon even just that the selections will get more limited. Some even remain open until early evening but then usually just the preserved stuff like ikura and salted fish products.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do know that octopi are very expensive

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be going lake kawaguchiko on 22nd nov. How is the temperature like?

Similar to tokyo?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ours Inn Hankyu

Anyone booked this hotel recently?

I used to be able to book the twin room for 1 pax which is at a cheaper rate for weekdays, compared to 2 pax. Not sure why I can no longer do so despite them displaying the different rates on the site.

thwysg

Reaction score
Anyone booked this hotel recently?

I used to be able to book the twin room for 1 pax which is at a cheaper rate for weekdays, compared to 2 pax. Not sure why I can no longer do so despite them displaying the different rates on the site.

?? No head no tail on the name of the hotel?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone took Korean airlines before (depart from Singapore)? Do they require the credit card owner (when making payment for online booking) to be present during check in when he/she isn't going for the trip for verification of cc?

Meaning:

A helped B to buy ticket using his cc.
A not gonna travel with B.
A needs to be present during B's check-in?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
Hello peeps... I have a Qns.

I would be driving from Osaka to Tokyo, Osaka upwards to Nagano and down to Tokyo and from Tokyo to Hakone to Aichi Ken and back to Osaka.

Any Idea if I could use this expressway pass? CEP (http://hayatabi.c-nexco.co.jp/cep/en/)

I am contemplating if I should and also if the vehicle which I will be renting from Kansai Airport does provide the CEP.

Meanwhile, anyone knows what Mifi is recommended for a 17days trip to japan?

Thank you!

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
The passenger needs the itinerary and receipts.

M1Ky5sGl.jpg

So as long the card holder (also a passenger) bring his card during check in ok already? We can fill up the verification form on the spot?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have qns on actual tax free items from tokyo.

from websites, it says the staff will packed these tax refund items in sealed bags and we are not to open them. and officers at immigration will check against these items.
Actual?

then staff will attached a piece of paper to your passport for these tax refunded item, you are to approach the officers at airport counter and return these slips of paper.
you guys do that?

many thanks for any answers and comments. cheers

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have qns on actual tax free items from tokyo.

from websites, it says the staff will packed these tax refund items in sealed bags and we are not to open them. and officers at immigration will check against these items.
Actual?

then staff will attached a piece of paper to your passport for these tax refunded item, you are to approach the officers at airport counter and return these slips of paper.
you guys do that?

many thanks for any answers and comments. cheers
i just dump all the sealed packages in my luggage and walk through customs if that helps :o

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just dump all the sealed packages in my luggage and walk through customs if that helps :o

agree, just pack everything into luggage and take out the paper stapled on passport

even if it's sealed, you may not be allowed to carry items on board ... that was a mistake I made on my first trip, believing the sales staff who said I have to show customs the items I bought in the sealed bag :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.