Status
Not open for further replies.

thwysg

Reaction score
the best sleeper services have upgraded themselves to luxury class
JR East Shikishima
JR Kyushu Nanabotsu
JR West Mizukase

Those are hard to get - seems to be lottery to get the chance to buy the tickets. :(

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im surprised that for 17-25 may 2019, more than 60% of hotels are alrdy booked for Shinjuku....

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im surprised that for 17-25 may 2019, more than 60% of hotels are alrdy booked for Shinjuku....

Most hotels not open for booking so far ahead. Of the few hotels that allow you to book now, yes properly 60% already booked up.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most hotels not open for booking so far ahead. Of the few hotels that allow you to book now, yes properly 60% already booked up.

Quite many actually opens up 3 months in advance..

So, i shld wait till 3 mths before my flight date to try my luck??

Or maybe i shld find one with free cancellation first to tahan then wait till then and see how? Was looking at Shinjuku area.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Especially if direct booking..

Booking sites like agoda and such might have them earlier due to tie up but prices also higher.

I was comparing from agoda since it was the cheapest among all. And i just tried for late Aug 2018. Its only about $5-7 cheaper per night.

Even after i enter the hotel website directly to check for May 2019, its more ex than agoda. Tried with same late aug 2018 dates and it is also still more ex.

Last edited:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys! looks like no viable options from sapporo to aomori that meets my needs. guess will just fly to my next base @ sendai

i read am able to bring own food for consumption on vanilla air & peach aviation? just wanna double confirm :)

Sunrise Seto and Izumo trains.

the best sleeper services have upgraded themselves to luxury class
JR East Shikishima
JR Kyushu Nanabotsu
JR West Mizukase

sadly you have to use the shinkansen at hakodate

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So, i shld wait till 3 mths before my flight date to try my luck??

Or maybe i shld find one with free cancellation first to tahan then wait till then and see how? Was looking at Shinjuku area.

2 things you can do, depends on whether you willing to spend the time or not.

1) Email the hotels you are interested in to ask when is the earliest you can book for the period you are looking at.
2) Go through each of the hotels website and test water... Check their availability calendar to see how many mths in advance one can book as of today, whether it's 3, 4, 6 or 9 mths in advance. I do this usually because some Japanese website don't provide email address for you to send queries one.

I'm very particular about hotels (cleanliness, smoke free, easy access etc) so I'm willing to invest time to do this because I don't just anyhow settle for any hotel that's available. I stick to my shortlist and my shortlist only. That's why I need the info to know exactly when the hotel is going to release the rooms and I will book it on the day they release.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 things you can do, depends on whether you willing to spend the time or not.

1) Email the hotels you are interested in to ask when is the earliest you can book for the period you are looking at.
2) Go through each of the hotels website and test water... Check their availability calendar to see how many mths in advance one can book as of today, whether it's 3, 4, 6 or 9 mths in advance. I do this usually because some Japanese website don't provide email address for you to send queries one.

I'm very particular about hotels (cleanliness, smoke free, easy access etc) so I'm willing to invest time to do this because I don't just anyhow settle for any hotel that's available. I stick to my shortlist and my shortlist only. That's why I need the info to know exactly when the hotel is going to release the rooms and I will book it on the day they release.

I dun mind doing this coz i still have a lot of time.. I was thinking of booking one with free cancellation for standby first while looking around. Once i find a good flight price with good hotel price, then i will book all and cancel the initial hotel booking.

In regards to emailing hotels, even if their individual website shows till May 2019, is there a chance for prices to drop? Availability is also an issue as well. Dun wan end up booking flight then forcing to get $200+ hotel.

I think for now, i go shortlist a few hotels that is reasonable to stay in.

Last edited:

ktee

Reaction score
I was comparing from agoda since it was the cheapest among all. And i just tried for late Aug 2018. Its only about $5-7 cheaper per night.

Even after i enter the hotel website directly to check for May 2019, its more ex than agoda. Tried with same late aug 2018 dates and it is also still more ex.

One thing to note: direct hotel website mostly won't allow free cancellation. I encountered it. Coz it was a few dollars cheaper than agod... Now I am stuck with that hotel - can't even change plan... Best is to pay a few dollars more and go for bookingDOTcom or similar sites. Of coz, if you are 100000% confirm, then book direct.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One thing to note: direct hotel website mostly won't allow free cancellation. I encountered it. Coz it was a few dollars cheaper than agod... Now I am stuck with that hotel - can't even change plan... Best is to pay a few dollars more and go for bookingDOTcom or similar sites. Of coz, if you are 100000% confirm, then book direct.

Yeah, i noticed that as well when looking at hotels directly. I mostly see that its just a few dollars more, better off going thru agoda. My CC rebates shld be able to cover as well.

Btw, how do i interpret this??? How did it jump around $200?

S4YQbdJ.jpg

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well the 18% service charge + tax
Yeah, i noticed that as well when looking at hotels directly. I mostly see that its just a few dollars more, better off going thru agoda. My CC rebates shld be able to cover as well.

Btw, how do i interpret this??? How did it jump around $200?

S4YQbdJ.jpg

thwysg

Reaction score

I’m not sure about booking with hotel homepages (HP) directly with no free cancellation - probably might be due to special deals on English HP. I’ve booked directly with Japanese HP and have no issues with cancellations even with special HP deals so long as I cancel within the time frame.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well the 18% service charge + tax

Cant really calculate it out though. If using compound rates formula, 10+8% of $1084.55 will be $1288.45. So the service charge + tax is $203.90.

So, after discounted price of $1025.70 + $203.90 is $1229.60.

O well, this is the price i gotta pay somehow.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cant really calculate it out though. If using compound rates formula, 10+8% of $1084.55 will be $1288.45. So the service charge + tax is $203.90.

So, after discounted price of $1025.70 + $203.90 is $1229.60.

O well, this is the price i gotta pay somehow.

1025.70 * 1.1 * 1.08 = 1218.53 no? not sure why 2c diff though.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For my case, going direct vs going thru agoda(No free cancellation) was about S$120 difference for my dates..

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm Malaysian who married to Japanese husband and living back and forward in both Tokyo and Singapore. I like to travel, and so I do day trip private tour to Mt Fuji, Hakone and Tokyo city local private tour . I’ll take maximum of 4 people per trip is Yen42000 by 5 seater car. 7seater car with Max 6 people Per trip is Yen50000. I do serve to Tohoku's region tour too. Please PM me about the fee or you may check my facebook(tokyo helper jane). Whoever decided to book my private tour , I will try my best to support you in difficulty communicating while your stay in Japan. My friend have airbnb apartment to rent ,which is located at Shin Okubo,8min walking distance to Shinjuku. We do One way transport from Haneda airport. Day Time prices -$225 Night Time(10pm-8am) prices-$250 Whatapp me for more detail +6581533939

Wow, that is quite ex at $508 sgd, as compared to klook Mt fuji and hakone 1 day tour at $17x. $508 is for 4 ppl?

Any difference in itinerary?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.