Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi folks

intending to get the Takayama-Hokuriku Area, but wanna ask if its sufficient to explore Takayama and Kanazawa mainly. Any interesting place to go?

Also which area to stay overnight as the base to explore?

27267817019_5d31dededd_z.jpg

thinking to follow this person itinerary, but open to suggestions
http://kampungboycitygal.com/2017/12/6d5n-takayama-hokuriku-experience-itinerary/

thanks in advance

you can see see as reference. extract from my Feb 2018 itinery:

Day 5 - (Takayama-Hokuriku 5 day pass start)Leave Kyoto for Kanazawa > wander around town

Day 6 - Kanazawa > Omicho market, Kanazawa Castle, Kenroku-en, Higashiyama, back to Kanazawa Castle at night for the light up event

Day 7 - Leave Kanazawa for Takayama > wander around Takayama old town

Day 8 - Take the 1st bus to Shirakawa-go, afternoon went to Hida Furukawa

Day 9 - Leave Takayama for Nogoya> Osu Kannon district (Takayama-Hokuriku 5 day pass end)

tr4v3l

Reaction score
Hi,
If want to visit Biei and Furano, can use asahikawa as a base? Possible to do day trip? Planning for end of Jan.
TIA

0limshs

Reaction score
Hi, we are going to Japan on the last week of December, but when we check the hotel/Ryokan that we are interested in, most were not available. Why is this so, is it the date not release for reservation or really being snap up fast?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone been to the Arakuyama Sengen Park? Other then climbing the 397 steps to the top of the park, the map I found on the internet show another alternate path to the park where you can see Mt Fuji next to the Chureito Pagoda.

I plan to go there with my folks. Can anybody confirm an alternate path to go up to the viewing point without climbing the steps or steep slope? My folks legs are not good.

TIA.

the alternative path u are referring to could be the vehicle road. but that road is closed to public and only meant for emergency vehicle i think

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, we are going to Japan on the last week of December, but when we check the hotel/Ryokan that we are interested in, most were not available. Why is this so, is it the date not release for reservation or really being snap up fast?

most accom in japan only opens 3-6mths in advance for booking. so i could be that u are too early.
u may want to try those 3rd party booking websites like agoda or booking.com to see if the ryokans are listed there.

0limshs

Reaction score
Thank for your advise, at least now i know i still have chance to book Ryokan and i’m not late...

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Hi folks, planning on going NGO - Takayama in nov. 3.5 days in Nagoya and 3.5days in Takayama. Is it too rush or should i put more days towards Takayama? First time there. Not too sure the traveling distance. Traveling alone!

Tentative:
Day 1: Arrive Nagoya, Nagoya castle, Sakae district (Or port area?)
Day 2: Day trip to Inuyama
Day 3: Day trip to Kiso Valley
Day 4: Moving from Nagoya to Takayama - Hida no Sato in the afternoon OR explore old town, Yatai Kaikan area
Day 5: Day trip to Shiragawa-go
Day 6: Higashiyama walkway, takayama jinya area, Travel back to NGO
Day 7: Morning flight

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi folks

intending to get the Takayama-Hokuriku Area, but wanna ask if its sufficient to explore Takayama and Kanazawa mainly. Any interesting place to go?

Also which area to stay overnight as the base to explore?

27267817019_5d31dededd_z.jpg

thinking to follow this person itinerary, but open to suggestions
http://kampungboycitygal.com/2017/12/6d5n-takayama-hokuriku-experience-itinerary/

thanks in advance

I am planning takayama and shirokawa-go for Dec. Not going to stay in Kanazawa. 2N in takayama, half a day in shirokawa, and then bus to kanazawa and train to osaka.

hmcha3

Reaction score
Can I know if anyone verified and stayed successfully in an Airbnb rental since Minpaku law kicked in?

Will love to hear of your experience in verification with the Japanese host and confirming your accommodation.

0limshs

Reaction score
Hi All,
I need advice here on our Dec holiday trip.
There's two adults and two kids, not sure travelling with luggages will be an issue or not.

Day Location Hotel Location
Day 1 Tokyo Hotel 1 (near Haneda airport)
Day 2 Sapporo Hotel 2 (near Sapporo)
Day 3 Sapporo Hotel 2 (near Sapporo)
Day 4 Sapporo Hotel 2 (near Sapporo)
Day 5 Niseko Hotel 3 (near Niseko ski resort)
Day 6 Tokyo Hotel 4 (near Mt Fuji)
Day 7 Tokyo Hotel 5 (near Taito area))
Day 8 Tokyo Hotel 5 (near Taito area))
Day 9 Tokyo Home sweet home

We have not book the hotel, would like to hear some advice on the transportation first before we booked the hotel.

symbiote28

Reaction score
is a one hour transit enough to catch the connecting flight? looking at a trip in mid-Aug but direct flights are quite expensive. no choice but to take 1 stop.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning for day trip to niseko area for summer cycling + photo taking mt yotei … where should i go? niseko, hirafu, kutchan? TIA!

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why don't u just take domestic flight to sapporo on day 1?
Hi All,
I need advice here on our Dec holiday trip.
There's two adults and two kids, not sure travelling with luggages will be an issue or not.

Day Location Hotel Location
Day 1 Tokyo Hotel 1 (near Haneda airport)
Day 2 Sapporo Hotel 2 (near Sapporo)

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

thoughts and advice pls?

thinking of a itinerary for solo trip in 2nd week of Oct to Kyushu, Japan.
8-10 Nights. ya, will have JR Pass.

Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Yufu (Beppu)

any thoughts on the above?
Thinking of 3-4 Nights in Kumamoto then 2 Nights in Yufu lastly 3-4 nights in Fukuoka.
Will be staying in Hotels (Kumamoto/Fukuka) and Ryokan (Yufu)

thx in advance

Last edited:

AndreFLo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

thoughts and advice pls?

thinking of a itinerary for solo trip in 2nd week of Oct to Kyushu, Japan.
8-10 Nights. ya, will have JR Pass.

Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Yufu (Beppu)

any thoughts on the above?
Thinking of 3-4 Nights in Kumamoto then 2 Nights in Yufu lastly 3-4 nights in Fukuoka.
Will be staying in Hotels (Kumamoto/Fukuka) and Ryokan (Yufu)

thx in advance

Hi, I went on my own solo trip to Kyushu last year too. In my opinion, 3 nights is already overkill in Kumamoto. And besides, the main attraction (Kumamoto Castle) is still under construction and won't be ready so soon, why not you explore other cities like Nagasaki or Kagoshima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.