Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s why I said they won’t be cheap. Search for weekday stays. And if your children are above 6, the ryokans/hotels will charge. $800-1000 would be a better budget for one night with attached private bath. Those in Hakone and Kawaguchiko probably would cost around there. Unless you wish to consider other areas such as Atami (easy access from Tokyo) or further inside of Izu Peninsula.

yah... kids can range from 30% to 50% of adult price... but some dun even allow kids...

hmmm... looks like need to expand my budget...

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i will be planning to visit osaka, kobe, nara and kyoto for first 2 weeks of dec.
which city should i visit on the weekend, ie fri, sat, and sun?

i reckoned this will coincide with the peak of the autumn leaf season, so kyoto is going to pretty crowded on weekends .....

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is 1 day at kyoto and i intend to visit all this place.. so how do i plan out?? Nishiki market is best go morning right? so travel to market then shoot down to fushimi inari then continue the rest?

-Nishiki Market
- Gion Area
- Kodaji temple
-Kiyomizu dera
- Fushimi Inari

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talking about onsen, how long do you stay inside? Some say 5-10mins only but some could stay for 30mins or so.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talking about onsen, how long do you stay inside? Some say 5-10mins only but some could stay for 30mins or so.

Depends on how shiok u feel and how long ur body can tahan? I tried the hot and cold baths in Busan, i stayed for an hour alternating between each baths...

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is 1 day at kyoto and i intend to visit all this place.. so how do i plan out?? Nishiki market is best go morning right? so travel to market then shoot down to fushimi inari then continue the rest?

-Nishiki Market
- Gion Area
- Kodaji temple
-Kiyomizu dera
- Fushimi Inari

all these r in e Eastern side. just remb to factor in daylight hours n walking time. iirc Kodaji n Kiyomizu require a lot of walking.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on how shiok u feel and how long ur body can tahan? I tried the hot and cold baths in Busan, i stayed for an hour alternating between each baths...

1hr is considered quite good. I dont think I can stay more than 30mins even though I rotate.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1hr is considered quite good. I dont think I can stay more than 30mins even though I rotate.

I couldnt stay long in the 42degC bath not coz of heat but its was quite difficult to breathe, perhaps due to hot steam?? But the 40.x degC bath was still ok for me.

15degC bath also cant stay long inside.. lol.

nemo88

Reaction score
The onsen resorts with multiple pools with different temps or styles can really stay longer. If just the one pool then stay until bored lor.

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
going to shirahige falls and blue pond in dec. was wondering if biei is worth staying for a night or two?

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. My hotel is in shinjuku. I would like to go nikko.
Should i take the JR/tobu line at shinjuku or the tobu lone at asakusa?
For a day trip, enough time to travel to the waterfall?

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. My hotel is in shinjuku. I would like to go nikko.
Should i take the JR/tobu line at shinjuku or the tobu lone at asakusa?
For a day trip, enough time to travel to the waterfall?

You use google maps.
Key in Shinjuku station/ the station of departure to Tobu Asakusa station.

Tobu Tourist Information centre Asakusa is where you can get the passes to Nikko and it is situated in Tobu Asakusa station in a shopping centre bulding called Ekimise.

Please note that there are different Asakusa stations and you need to go the TOBU Asakusa station.

Please note that this place is different from Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center which is just opposite Kaminarimon.

If you wanna visit the waterfall, please check the weather forecast to make sure it is not raining cos the fog may obscure the view.

Definitely got time to see Kegon falls.
But I would recommend that you purchase the All area pass so that you can go further to Akechidaira ropeway and from there, you can see the whole Chuzenji Lake and Kegon falls from above. It is really a gorgeous sight. On the way there, you may like to stop at Ryuzu falls, a small waterfall which has a quaint and lovely cafe.

I managed to see all those in one day.

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You use google maps.
Key in Shinjuku station/ the station of departure to Tobu Asakusa station.

Tobu Tourist Information centre Asakusa is where you can get the passes to Nikko and it is situated in Tobu Asakusa station in a shopping centre bulding called Ekimise.

Please note that there are different Asakusa stations and you need to go the TOBU Asakusa station.

Please note that this place is different from Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center which is just opposite Kaminarimon.

If you wanna visit the waterfall, please check the weather forecast to make sure it is not raining cos the fog may obscure the view.

Definitely got time to see Kegon falls.
But I would recommend that you purchase the All area pass so that you can go further to Akechidaira ropeway and from there, you can see the whole Chuzenji Lake and Kegon falls from above. It is really a gorgeous sight. On the way there, you may like to stop at Ryuzu falls, a small waterfall which has a quaint and lovely cafe.

I managed to see all those in one day.
Thanks for the tips

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which premium outlet is better? the one at Osaka or toyko?? toyko one like need to travel quite far to and fro... worth?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which premium outlet is better? the one at Osaka or toyko?? toyko one like need to travel quite far to and fro... worth?

Haven been to Rinku but will do so during this Oct trip...

Gotemba one is so far the bigger one, Rinku should be smaller scale..And Gotemba can get a view of fuji-san..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.