Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Citadines Shinjuku is the first hotel in the area, they took over another hotel and rename it to Citadines Central.

Citadines Shinjuku(25 sqm Studio Double). This would be a better option for those with kids? Further from Shinjuku Station although walkable(Walk over many times during my past 2 trips) and also on the quieter side which i prefer.
citadines-shinjuku-tokyo-studio-double-floor-plan.jpg

Citadines Central Shinjuku(17.5 sqm Studio Double), nearer to Shinjuku Station of cos.
citadines-central-shinjuku-studio-double-floor-plan.jpg

Try signing up as their member(FOC) and then see member's rate which is better than listed price usually.

the room size isn't impt to me since its a couple trip! our first priority is convenience since we will be carrying big/many luggage.

my only concern is that since Citadines Central Shinjuku is nearer to red light district, how's the safety issue around there?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the room size isn't impt to me since its a couple trip! our first priority is convenience since we will be carrying big/many luggage.

my only concern is that since Citadines Central Shinjuku is nearer to red light district, how's the safety issue around there?

Dont hear my bro complaining about it, they were staying as a couple..

yukino

Reaction score
So let's say we still want to consider staying at oriental Tokyo bay hotel because of Disneyland. First day we touch down at haneda 6am. Take the first airport limo bus at 8.30am. reach hotel (located at shin-urayasu) at 9.30am. drop luggage. Take one hr train ride to Yokohama. Reach Yokohama at abt 11am. Visit cup noodle museum, walk around the park, take the boat ride, visit Chinatown. Take the train back to hotel at around 7pm plus. Sounds ok?

This also means that one of the days at Disneyland will falls on Fri. Cannot imagine the crowd!

Sent from HUAWEI VKY-L29 using GAGT

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So let's say we still want to consider staying at oriental Tokyo bay hotel because of Disneyland. First day we touch down at haneda 6am. Take the first airport limo bus at 8.30am. reach hotel (located at shin-urayasu) at 9.30am. drop luggage. Take one hr train ride to Yokohama. Reach Yokohama at abt 11am. Visit cup noodle museum, walk around the park, take the boat ride, visit Chinatown. Take the train back to hotel at around 7pm plus. Sounds ok?

This also means that one of the days at Disneyland will falls on Fri. Cannot imagine the crowd!

Yokohama sounds very doable... since u are not going to too many places... Can probably skip Chinatown and go Ramen Museum for dinner instead if u are ramen fan? I will delay the train ride to at least 7:30pm or 8pm to avoid evening rush hours

if u swap your Disneyland with Yokohama... means going Disneyland on the 27th Nov... is a Tuesday mah...

yukino

Reaction score
Yokohama sounds very doable... since u are not going to too many places... Can probably skip Chinatown and go Ramen Museum for dinner instead if u are ramen fan? I will delay the train ride to at least 7:30pm or 8pm to avoid evening rush hours

if u swap your Disneyland with Yokohama... means going Disneyland on the 27th Nov... is a Tuesday mah...
I push back by one day for Disneyland land. Which means Wed to Yokohama, Thur to Disneyland and Fri to disneysea.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I push back by one day for Disneyland land. Which means Wed to Yokohama, Thur to Disneyland and Fri to disneysea.

Fridays are very packed. Do check the crowd calendar for a rough forecast.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find Monday/Tues and even Wed is less crowded than Thurs onwards for most theme parks

yukino

Reaction score
I find Monday/Tues and even Wed is less crowded than Thurs onwards for most theme parks
Yes. That's for sure. Best is tue and Wed. Even at hk Disneyland, I will avoid fri and wkends.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how abt going disney on 26 and 27 instead? monday and tuesday usually less crowded compared to friday

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are u staying at Oriental Tokyo Bay for 2 nites just for the disneyland?

actually dun really need to stay there... there are plenty of other hotels which offers complimentary shuttle buses to Disneyland... check out disneyland websites for those hotels... it can be cheaper and more convenient for you to travel to other places in tokyo without moving to another hotel...

unless u really wanted to stay in a Disney themed room for the experience...

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually dun really need to stay there... there are plenty of other hotels which offers complimentary shuttle buses to Disneyland... check out disneyland websites for those hotels... it can be cheaper and more convenient for you to travel to other places in tokyo without moving to another hotel...

for disney themed room, can consider disney celebration hotel instead.
the advantage of disney hotel is that u can enter the theme parks 15min ahead of the general crowd.
this 15 min is actually quite significant, because u can grab a fastpass and start queuing for a ride. so u secure the 2 most popular rides ahead of everyone else. and when u are done with ur first ride, most ppl are still queuing for the popular rides, so u can just scroll to something less popular

yukino

Reaction score

I quickly scan through the hotels listed in the website. Is either too expensive or left smaller rooms or quite a distance away from metro station.

So far oriental Tokyo bay is one of the idea hotel, just a min beside metro station, has family room with affordable price @ 250 per nite.

If I replan my itinerary to below, will it works better?

21st/22nd/23th - Tokyo & day trip to Yokohama.

24th - hakone 2d1n trip.

25th/26th/27th - oriental Tokyo bay hotel and Disneyland.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I quickly scan through the hotels listed in the website. Is either too expensive or left smaller rooms or quite a distance away from metro station.

So far oriental Tokyo bay is one of the idea hotel, just a min beside metro station, has family room with affordable price @ 250 per nite.

24th - hakone 2d1n trip.

can check disney celebration hotel. price is around there also for a 4 person room. when i stayed in May, the price was ard 20k yen per room

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

24th - hakone 2d1n trip.

yup it does look better this way... :)

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
it is just ard 25min via JR yamanote line from ueno to shinjuku.
and it is faster and more convenient to visit asakusa, tokyo station, ginza etc from ueno

Haha I think I'll settle with the citadines central shinjuku for the price and location. I'm not going Ginza so it's okay

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

yukino

Reaction score
can check disney celebration hotel. price is around there also for a 4 person room. when i stayed in May, the price was ard 20k yen per room
Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked. Same days oriental Tokyo bay is cheaper than Disney celebration hotel by about $300. I will go for a cheaper option. :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked. Same days oriental Tokyo bay is cheaper than Disney celebration hotel by about $300. I will go for a cheaper option. :)

so much difference?
i just checked on disney website. only 25 nov is 28800 yen. 26 and 27 nov is 20800yen per night.
so total about $880 for 3 nights. how much is oriental tokyo bay?

yukino

Reaction score
so much difference?
i just checked on disney website. only 25 nov is 28800 yen. 26 and 27 nov is 20800yen per night.
so total about $880 for 3 nights. how much is oriental tokyo bay?
$569 only. Difference quite big.
uzSHwIOl.jpg

Ignore my previous reply on $250. That is for previous itinerary.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$569 only. Difference quite big.
uzSHwIOl.jpg

Ignore my previous reply on $250. That is for previous itinerary.

icic... coz i tot was $250, so maybe still can consider pay a bit more for a disney themed one, and the early park entry. like tt then difference too much already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.