Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckjoe03

Reaction score
Buy brand new iPhone in Tokyo!

Besides Apple store, is there any other place I can buy them at a lower price than Apple Store?

Akihabara retails second hand iPhone I heard, but how about brand new ones?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Besides Apple store, is there any other place I can buy them at a lower price than Apple Store?

Akihabara retails second hand iPhone I heard, but how about brand new ones?

wrong thread? 🤨

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone booked hotels via hotels.com before? Any reviews?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

i booked before some years back. seems ok.
nowadays i stick to agoda for the extra miles for credit card. or booking.com if the price lower

huatkia

Reaction score
Any good places to buy limited edition G shock and adidas ultra boost in Tokyo? Any must try good restauranta too?

Sent from heaven using GAGT

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
i booked before some years back. seems ok.
nowadays i stick to agoda for the extra miles for credit card. or booking.com if the price lower

But I cancelled a booking for next April's, they say $xxx has charged to your cc. They will refund $xxx to you.

But when I checked my cc transaction history, they didn't bill the $xxx to me.

Does that mean I won't see the bill in my cc? I read many bad reviews on hotels.com so I'm scared :(

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I cancelled a booking for next April's, they say $xxx has charged to your cc. They will refund $xxx to you.

Does that mean I won't see the bill in my cc? I read many bad reviews on hotels.com so I'm scared :(

i never canceled before, so no idea how it works

if i am booking those with free cancellation, i wouldnt book those that charges immediately upon booking. if need to cancel, still have to ensure they refund to ur credit card. and because it is in foreign currencies, there maybe some loses due to exchange rates

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You may need to contact them for the amount of time required before they can fully refund everything. Some goes by their "accounting" cycle which could be 1-2 months after you cancelled.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
i never canceled before, so no idea how it works

if i am booking those with free cancellation, i wouldnt book those that charges immediately upon booking. if need to cancel, still have to ensure they refund to ur credit card. and because it is in foreign currencies, there maybe some loses due to exchange rates
You may need to contact them for the amount of time required before they can fully refund everything. Some goes by their "accounting" cycle which could be 1-2 months after you cancelled.

Thanks! It's been charged to my cc already :(

Anyway can I ask eg booking.com says OOS for a certain date but agoda still have rooms left?

nemo88

Reaction score
Thanks! It's been charged to my cc already :(

Anyway can I ask eg booking.com says OOS for a certain date but agoda still have rooms left?

Different companies have different inventory, hotel sells part of their rooms through these booking engines and depending on the arrangement they probably have segregated inventory. They are not accessing the same pool of rooms.

thwysg

Reaction score
Just wanna ask around if there's any recommendations for sightseeing in hakodate? i nite stay enuff?

Depends on the season you’re visiting. I had two nights in February but there was bad weather so I couldn’t finish all the sights that I wanted to go.

thwysg

Reaction score
Going during winter

Depends on the month you’re visiting. If it’s your first time, there’s lots to see. Do have backup plan in case of bad weather. We had train cancellations on one of the days so we couldn’t visit Onuma Park. Sun sets quite early, dark by 5pm.

https://www.hakodate.travel/en/
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5350.html

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Will 200,000 yen be enough for 2 pax 11 days stay in tokyo only for 3 meals a day suica pass and some souvenir shopping? Other stuff will go on credit cards. Probably will have a good meal every 2-3 days not above $60-$70. Other than that gonna eat normally.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Will 200,000 yen be enough for 2 pax 11 days stay in tokyo only for 3 meals a day suica pass and some souvenir shopping? Other stuff will go on credit cards. Probably will have a good meal every 2-3 days not above $60-$70. Other than that gonna eat normally.
Shld be ok

$60-70 meals assume 10k yen, 4 meals, so 40k.
100k per pax - 40k still left 60k. Or abt 6k yen a day, which is enuf if just normal meals, small souvenirs, and traveling within city.

Big ticket items I assume u will use card. E.g. Shinkansen ticket, Disneyland. In fact, if u are running low on cash during the trip, u can just use card for the expensive meals also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.