Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have little driving experience so I was wondering is it easy to drive around Hokkaido?

Don't drive in winter. Other than that its fine

Quick question, what kind of jacket to recommend for Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, Shizuoka, Tokyo) next week, 15-25C range (and wet too)?

Another one, I'd be transiting at Haneda and then to Itami. I can't get a ICOCA card at Itami (only Kansai which has JR West) right?

Depends on your cold tolerance

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question, what kind of jacket to recommend for Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, Shizuoka, Tokyo) next week, 15-25C range (and wet too)?

Another one, I'd be transiting at Haneda and then to Itami. I can't get a ICOCA card at Itami (only Kansai which has JR West) right?

I think you can buy icoca cards at the Osaka monorail that links Itami. Else get it at any subway or jr station machine.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
No major damage to tourists spots or major transportation routes caused by Trami. Hopefully, people there are okay. Really sad man

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so guys...
is the below ok?

most likely D4 i will go Hitoyoshi
should i swap any of the days? like D8 <-> D10 ?

D1 (Fri) SG - Fukuoka - Kumamoto || Kumamon Central / Kumamoto Castle
D2 (Sat) Kumamoto || ASO -
D3 (Sun) Kumamoto || Kagoshima - Tenmonkan / Kagoshima Aquarium / Sakurajima
D4 (Mon) Kumamoto || Amakusa OR Hitoyoshi
D5 (Tues) Kumamoto - Yufuin || Yufuin -
D6 (Wed) Yufuin || Yufuin -
D7 (Thurs) Yufuin - Fukuokua || JR Hakata City / Nakasu-Kawabata / Canal City Hakata / Fukuoka Tower
D8 (Fri) Fukuoka || Nagasaki - Huis Ten Bosch
D9 (Sat) Fukuoka || Yanagawa - River tour / Unagi Meal -- Fukuoka - Marinoa City
D10 (Sun) Fukuoka || Beppu - Jigoku / Mud Bath / Onsen
D11 (Mon) Fukuoka || Tenjin / Bay Area / Mojiko
D12 Fukuoka || FLY SG

for D8, u can just head straight from hakata to huis ten bosch, no need to go to nagasaki.
personnally, i would drop some of the places in fukuoka city and free up a day for nagasaki city. atomic bomb museum is worth a visit if u have not been to hiroshima one, and mt inasa night view is one of the top 3 night view in japan

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

imo, any kind also can.

for my time in japan during nov periods (15-3 degs), i usually do 3 layers. (t-shirt, pull over and a bomber/harrington.)

so oct, 2 layers or 1 should be enough. Key is to use "layers". Bring multiple t shirts, 1 or 2 thin pull over and 1 jacket. In the even theres a sudden huge drop in temp, wear 3 layers. else, just wear t shirt and pull over or t shirt and jacket only. If hot, just wear t shirt and bring a jacket (incase it gets colder in the night).

This way, type of jacket becomes irrelevant. If rain, can't do much anyways. just use an umbrella. (get from 100 yen shops)

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imo, any kind also can.

for my time in japan during nov periods (15-3 degs), i usually do 3 layers. (t-shirt, pull over and a bomber/harrington.)

so oct, 2 layers or 1 should be enough. Key is to use "layers". Bring multiple t shirts, 1 or 2 thin pull over and 1 jacket. In the even theres a sudden huge drop in temp, wear 3 layers. else, just wear t shirt and pull over or t shirt and jacket only. If hot, just wear t shirt and bring a jacket (incase it gets colder in the night).

This way, type of jacket becomes irrelevant. If rain, can't do much anyways. just use an umbrella. (get from 100 yen shops)

Winter 3 layers enough? Tees lthen long sleeve then down jacket

Last edited:
Reaction score
don't "donate" money lah. i read there are many fakes around

Was hoping someone can tell me how to identify a fake monk. I felt like dropping an offering.

So far i read, is those that approach people and sometimes selling some trinkets and have some written English signs are fake.
Those that stand there, holding the bowl and say nothing i feel are real. The place in the photo is also not really a tourist area.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was hoping someone can tell me how to identify a fake monk. I felt like dropping an offering.

So far i read, is those that approach people and sometimes selling some trinkets and have some written English signs are fake.
Those that stand there, holding the bowl and say nothing i feel are real. The place in the photo is also not really a tourist area.

If you want to donate, safer option is go inside temple itself.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not cold!! Just thin jacket will do, that temperature, most of the time i don't wear jacket at all

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for D8, u can just head straight from hakata to huis ten bosch, no need to go to nagasaki.
personnally, i would drop some of the places in fukuoka city and free up a day for nagasaki city. atomic bomb museum is worth a visit if u have not been to hiroshima one, and mt inasa night view is one of the top 3 night view in japan

I put nagasaki because its in the prefecture

any idea which day to free up?

or should i jus shift/drop the Yanagawa - River tour? to other day? D4, D7 or D11 ?

ya i nv been to hiroshima b4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.