Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngedo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Need recomendation, which has the best overall Foliage viewing experience:
Okutama or Lake Kawaguchi or Oshino Hakkai ? Or any other place? I intend to join a day tour

Thank you!

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah nice but beside beef they sell chicken or other seafood?

Yoroniku i don't think so from what i seen before

Hanare got pork as side dish but not for grilling.. No seafood.

The real Japanese Yakiniku is exclusively beef. Many different parts of Beef

Other type of meat is not worthwhile eating when see the quality of Japanese wagyu beef

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried asking hotel help reserve Yoroniku this year nov n last year nov. both time say fully booked

Yoroniku not that bad as long as you book 2 months prior.

If a bit later then likely cannot do first seating, need to do like 9pm seating

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard that in japan we have to eat quickly and make minimal noise. Is it true? My Daughter and I are both slow eater...

Depends on places.

Ramen, fast food type, yes eat and go.

Yakiniku. u have two hours slot

High end restaurants omakase sushi, tempura, kaiseki, u also likely only have two hours.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
depends on the places. those standing ramen joints or small shops, then u dun linger after eating. no need to be fast, just dun sit and chit chat.

If it's those small ramen joints (say, only 10 seats and pple are queueing right behind you while you eat), if I'm with a companion and he finishes faster than me, how ah? Can he sit there wait for me or its better for him to vacate his seat and wait for me outside the shop so that the next customer can be seated?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's those small ramen joints (say, only 10 seats and pple are queueing right behind you while you eat), if I'm with a companion and he finishes faster than me, how ah? Can he sit there wait for me or its better for him to vacate his seat and wait for me outside the shop so that the next customer can be seated?

The latter. especially if got people waiting for seats

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are we able to do takeaway for ichiran ramen? Or those some shops?

I don't think you can take away for ichiran ramen, noodle soggy not nice already. That's why need to eat faster at ramen places to get the best quality.
(Unless you are referring to those instant ramen package, omiyage set. those can buy at their shop -> Donki singapore also have).

Other shops like Izakaya, those can take away. I used to go Yamachan famous Tebasaki Izakaya from Nagoya to buy Tebasaki to eat back at hotel.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask ur companion eat slower to match ur pace :p

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Need recomendation, which has the best overall Foliage viewing experience:
Okutama or Lake Kawaguchi or Oshino Hakkai ? Or any other place? I intend to join a day tour

Thank you!

If it's just foliage viewing, Okutama will look very nice but Kawaguchiko and its surrounding areas with Fuji in the background is hard to beat.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some very popular ramen shops like Fuunji and the one in Ikebukuro (cant remember the name) have people queuing behind you. To avoid stares, best is to wait outside or ask your friend to match your speed lah.

_DSC1347.JPG

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some very popular ramen shops like Fuunji and the one in Ikebukuro (cant remember the name) have people queuing behind you. To avoid stares, best is to wait outside or ask your friend to match your speed lah.

_DSC1347.JPG

wah.. so stressful if eat in such restaurant.
luckily i not a foodie, i probably wun want to go to such restaurants

thwysg

Reaction score
wah.. so stressful if eat in such restaurant.
luckily i not a foodie, i probably wun want to go to such restaurants

Jingisukan places like Daruma in Sapporo are like this too. Aji no Sanpei for miso ramen in Sapporo likewise. But thankful that they let the customers sit down and wait, because waiting time is at least one hour.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Ya ya, I'm going Fuunji lor, that's why asked here first. I also think it's not very nice if he is to sit there to wait for me. As what AHSS and evilerniex had advised, I've told my friend either his eating pace matches mine or if he finishes earlier he should go out wait. He's ok with waiting for me outside la, so it's settled.

nemo88

Reaction score
Ya ya, I'm going Fuunji lor, that's why asked here first. I also think it's not very nice if he is to sit there to wait for me. As what AHSS and evilerniex had advised, I've told my friend either his eating pace matches mine or if he finishes earlier he should go out wait. He's ok with waiting for me outside la, so it's settled.

I’ve been to Fuunji, as long as your pacing is not so far apart it’s ok to sit there for a little bit. They generally like to seat customers in orde anyway so if the next customers are in pairs they’ll still wait for you to finish then seat the pairs anyway. Just pay attention around you and observe others — should be fine.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Can recommend a hotel near to Hilton Shinjuku and/or Hyatt Shinjuku ? My company paying for a stay there in these hotels. But my family want might stay in a hotel nearby to save cost. What would be a safe and nearby hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.