Status
Not open for further replies.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pagoda parking lot should be this one
Arakurayamaasama Koen Parking Lot
https://maps.google.com/?cid=3359922452547250672

Entry to it is single lane. If u reach the lane first, normally the other side will let u through.
If they reach the single lane 1st, u try to stay one side or reverse into somewhere to let them pass then u continue.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bringing my 62/69 yr old parents so it will be hard. Alrdy asking them to climb for the pagoda liao since that 1 is bo bian.

The windy slope between the Carpark and the pagoda, iirc, I think can drive up. But the lots there for handicap only, and idk how to gain access. Maybe can drop them then u drive down to park or smt.

Cable car round trip without discount should be 800 per pax.

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pagoda parking lot should be this one
Arakurayamaasama Koen Parking Lot
https://maps.google.com/?cid=3359922452547250672

Entry to it is single lane. If u reach the lane first, normally the other side will let u through.
If they reach the single lane 1st, u try to stay one side or reverse into somewhere to let them pass then u continue.

Thanks, it seems to be the same open space carpark that i saw, just that it doesnt look like its for 120 cars and i cant Google Walk in. lol. Just have to take the risk and park there. I also saw in map that i can make 1 big round to the exit, wonder if other cars also do that or use the shorter route and go out from they come in.

The windy slope between the Carpark and the pagoda, iirc, I think can drive up. But the lots there for handicap only, and idk how to gain access. Maybe can drop them then u drive down to park or smt.

Cable car round trip without discount should be 800 per pax.

The road is quite curvy, think better not take the risk. Going down also seems difficult as well. A 10 mins hike up should be fine for them. Alrdy recorded in my expenses excel table le. But i will just based on non discount pricing first.

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that Kawaguchiko is settled, i need figure out the bus timing and location from Kawaguchiko to Hakone Yumoto / Togendai.

This is the plan or route that i saw online.

Wake up early to return car
Kawaguchiko to Yamanakako (35 mins via Fujikyu bus)
Yamanakako to Gotemba (40 mins via Fujikyu bus)
Gotemba to Sengoku (25 mins via Odakyu highway bus)
Sengoku to Togendai (20 mins via Hakone bus)
From here, we will start the hakone experience on the top half of circle, clockwise towards Hakone Yumoto

For kawaguchiko to Gotemba station, this route should be under Fujikyuko Bus and covered by Fuji-Hakone Pass? http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/route/detail/id/1/#timetable

Then from Gotemba Station to Togendai via Odakyu bus V all the way.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone made a purchase online in Japan and shipped it to the post office for collection?

feralslash

Reaction score
I'll be arriving at Narita at 830am. I have a flight to catch at Haneda at 12pm. Is that too tight? 90mins for travel from Narita to Haneda. That will give me 1hr to checkin and clear security. Or should i aim for 4 hrs in between Narita and Haneda to be safer?

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Experts, can Kawaguchiko be a day trip from Tokyo? Stupidly booked my entire trip accom at Tokyo and too late to cancel. Can't spend a night at Hakone / Kawaguchiko.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be arriving at Narita at 830am. I have a flight to catch at Haneda at 12pm. Is that too tight? 90mins for travel from Narita to Haneda. That will give me 1hr to checkin and clear security. Or should i aim for 4 hrs in between Narita and Haneda to be safer?

Assuming no delay, by the time u get past immigration is 930am. Travel 1.5hrs is 11am. Then how u check in for 12pm flight?

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have taken this route from narita to Haneda in the afternoon.

I can say that you can get out of immigration gate by 9.30am. You need to buy take Keisei Skyliner to reach Ueno within 50 mins and then transfer to first hibiya line and then to other airport express on Asakusa Line to Haneda which may take another 50 mins.

You have no time since you may reach haneda by 11.30am to 12pm.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Best to avoid this transfer altogether

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Experts, can Kawaguchiko be a day trip from Tokyo? Stupidly booked my entire trip accom at Tokyo and too late to cancel. Can't spend a night at Hakone / Kawaguchiko.

It takes 1.5 hours via bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station directly. U can try leave very early and then return back to Tokyo very late.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

possible, take an early bus ride to the lake and take the last bus out. You can still go up to the 5th station and the ropeway.

Remember to book your departure ticket too

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
possible, take an early bus ride to the lake and take the last bus out. You can still go up to the 5th station and the ropeway.

Is the 5th station worth it? Its a 1hr bus ride up or shorter with a car.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally, just for the experience. U can visit the shrine and do close up photography of Mt Fuji

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
It takes 1.5 hours via bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station directly. U can try leave very early and then return back to Tokyo very late.

Nice, I shall do that, Kawaguchiko looks really pretty!

How about Saitama, is it worth Visiting? Deciding between Saitama and Yokohama now.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that Kawaguchiko is settled, i need figure out the bus timing and location from Kawaguchiko to Hakone Yumoto / Togendai.

This is the plan or route that i saw online.

For kawaguchiko to Gotemba station, this route should be under Fujikyuko Bus and covered by Fuji-Hakone Pass? http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/route/detail/id/1/#timetable

Then from Gotemba Station to Togendai via Odakyu bus V all the way.

Yes both routes are covered by the Fuji-Hakone Pass. At Gotemba station, you need to cross over the station to the other side iirc. You can stop at the premium outlet if you have time. They should have buses to Togendai or Hakone Yumoto from the outlet directly but if not, you can go back to Gotemba station for a direct bus to Togendai (takes about 45mins). The route is quite scenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.