Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Edited my info after doing some initial research.

My father would like to visit the Taisekiji temple near Mt Fuji. As such, i would have to make another day trip to Kawaguchiko, sacrificing Yokohama. I will also have to buy the Fuji Hakone pass (3 days). This can be bought early in my trip so as to reserve seats for the Chuo bus?

These are the research that i had found, do correct or recommend me if im wrong.

Day 6:

Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station via Chuo Highway Bus (1.5 hrs)
Collect rental car for 1 day near Kawaguchiko Station
Drive to Temple (1+1 hr back and fro)
Drive to other attractions in Kawaguchiko
Check in at Kawaguchiko Hotel

Day 7:

Wake up early to return car
Kawaguchiko to Yamanakako (35 mins via Fujikyu bus)
Yamanakako to Gotemba (40 mins via Fujikyu bus)
Gotemba to Sengoku (25 mins via Odakyu highway bus)
Sengoku to Togendai (20 mins via Hakone bus)
From here, we will start the hakone experience on the top half of circle, clockwise towards Hakone Yumoto

Day 8:
After breakfast, check out from Hotel and head to Moto-Hakone for shrine and torii gate.
Get onto the pirate ship towards Togendai and then to Hakonemochi just for the experience and hope to see Mt Fuji (20+25 mins).
Get onto a bus to Mishima Skywalk from Hakonemochi (20 mins)
Get onto a bus from Mishima Skywalk to Hakonemochi then back to Hakone yumoto
Purchase romancecar tix back to Shinjuku directly.

Yes this is doable. Day 7 can explore Owakudani and Gora too. Which hotel/ryokan will you be staying at?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes both routes are covered by the Fuji-Hakone Pass. At Gotemba station, you need to cross over the station to the other side iirc. You can stop at the premium outlet if you have time. They should have buses to Togendai or Hakone Yumoto from the outlet directly but if not, you can go back to Gotemba station for a direct bus to Togendai (takes about 45mins). The route is quite scenic.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Saw ytd that from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, there is a direct bus route of 1 hr 15 mins, no need get off at Yamanakako and search for another bus to Gotemba.

As for premium outlet, my parents are not shoppers and im not that interested in the brands there as well. Only reason i would go there is if there is a clear view of Mt Fuji as background with the buildings. If not, i will just head to Togendai to start off the top half of the route in clockwise. Then finish the bottom half of route on the next day along with Mishima skywalk as well in the morning. I should be back at Hakone Yumoto around 12-1pm, either eat there or at Mishima Skywalk bah.

Yes this is doable. Day 7 can explore Owakudani and Gora too. Which hotel/ryokan will you be staying at?

I might also push the Chureito Pagoda to day 7 early morning since there should be lesser clouds over Mt Fuji, hopefully.

Top half of circle route for me will be togendai to owadaku to gora to hakone yumoto.

Bottom half of circle route for me will be moto hakone to shrine to Lake Aishi cruise tour back to hakoneyumotomachi then bus to mishima skywalk.

For hakone yumoto ryokan, im staying at Ichinoyu Honkan, with gourmet dinner/breakfast plan + 2 sets of Kobe Beef. Reviews seem decent and one of the reasonably priced with dinner and private open air bath.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation.

Saw ytd that from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, there is a direct bus route of 1 hr 15 mins, no need get off at Yamanakako and search for another bus to Gotemba.

As for premium outlet, my parents are not shoppers and im not that interested in the brands there as well. Only reason i would go there is if there is a clear view of Mt Fuji as background with the buildings. If not, i will just head to Togendai to start off the top half of the route in clockwise. Then finish the bottom half of route on the next day along with Mishima skywalk as well in the morning. I should be back at Hakone Yumoto around 12-1pm, either eat there or at Mishima Skywalk bah.

Yes, there's a direct bus but with stops along the way to it'd take around 1hr 30mins or more.

Just a tip, from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, sit on the left side. Half way up the mountain, there's a stop with a great view of Mt Fuji!

From Gotemba to Togendai, sit on the right side to view the valley.

Ichinoyu looks very nice. Good choice!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, there's a direct bus but with stops along the way to it'd take around 1hr 30mins or more.

Just a tip, from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, sit on the left side. Half way up the mountain, there's a stop with a great view of Mt Fuji!

From Gotemba to Togendai, sit on the right side to view the valley.

Thanks for the headup. You mentioned a stop in between Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, is it for toilet breaks? Can buy food there?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the headup. You mentioned a stop in between Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, is it for toilet breaks? Can buy food there?

It's a normal stop with restaurants, cafes and a kombini (70% sure about this one, memory slightly foggy). It was the only stop when everyone in the bus goes from silent to "whoa" when the see the view. I'd recommend a stop to take a break and photos.

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a normal stop with restaurants, cafes and a kombini. It was the only stop when everyone in the bus goes from silent to "whoa" when the see the view. I'd recommend a stop to take a break and photos.

Means i get off the bus and wait for next bus to come? or bus will wait for us all to board again then continue? Interval seems to be 20-30 mins based on departure at Kawaguchiko.

My understanding is like taking tourbus to Genting whereby there will be a stop of 15 mins for toilet/food break after clear Malaysia customs. Then all head back to bus to continue to Genting. lol.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means i get off the bus and wait for next bus to come? or bus will wait for us all to board again then continue? Interval seems to be 20-30 mins based on departure at Kawaguchiko.

My understanding is like taking tourbus to Genting whereby there will be a stop of 15 mins for toilet/food break after clear Malaysia customs. Then all head back to bus to continue to Genting. lol.

Yes, if you stop that means you have to wait for the next bus to come. Might not be worthwhile if you have luggages. It's a nice view but if you have plenty to enjoy Fuji in Kawaguchiko and Mishima skywalk later on. The bus is not like airport limousine bus. It's just a usual public bus.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure where are you flying to but there are domestic flights from Narita, perhaps you can try searching for one connecting from Narita?
I'll be arriving at Narita at 830am. I have a flight to catch at Haneda at 12pm. Is that too tight? 90mins for travel from Narita to Haneda. That will give me 1hr to checkin and clear security. Or should i aim for 4 hrs in between Narita and Haneda to be safer?

Dreaming

Reaction score
Has anyone stay at swissotel osaka before? If I'm taking the nankai express transit and stop at namba nankai station how to get to the hotel? Tried using googlemap and I can't find the lift :/

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stay at swissotel osaka before? If I'm taking the nankai express transit and stop at namba nankai station how to get to the hotel? Tried using googlemap and I can't find the lift :/

This is a big station. There will be lifts at the platform. Just take it to 1F and walk south towards the hotel..

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have taken this route from narita to Haneda in the afternoon.

I can say that you can get out of immigration gate by 9.30am. You need to buy take Keisei Skyliner to reach Ueno within 50 mins and then transfer to first hibiya line and then to other airport express on Asakusa Line to Haneda which may take another 50 mins.

You have no time since you may reach haneda by 11.30am to 12pm.

Keisei skyaccess train need not change trains from Narita to Haneda, but will still take 1.5hrs. Very risky plan. Dun try it.

Dreaming

Reaction score
Nankai express train from Kansas to nankai namba station will arrive at 3F platform is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.