Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can recommend a place for 1 person to eat snow/king crab which is not to costly in sapporo?
You could try your luck at the two morning markets too and see if any stalls selling individual legs.

Anyway like saffron said, kani honke has lots of crab. Wife and I had one set with snow, hairy and King crab.

kanihonke6.jpg
kanihonke7.jpg
kanihonke8.jpg

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help recommend Kobe Beef teppanyaki, preferably around 15k yen, max 20k yen? A lot i see from googling end up showing wagyu beef in the menu.

Tempted to try Shima Steak.

Last edited:

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help recommend Kobe Beef teppanyaki, preferably around 15k yen, max 20k yen? A lot i see from googling end up showing wagyu beef in the menu.

Tempted to try Shima Steak.

Haha zeh zeh are u ard kansai region? Dun waste time on simi kobe liao. Go mie prefecture, matsusaka for matsusaka beef. Abit out of place though, but gd as there are not many foreigners there :s13:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha zeh zeh are u ard kansai region? Dun waste time on simi kobe liao. Go mie prefecture, matsusaka for matsusaka beef. Abit out of place though, but gd as there are not many foreigners there :s13:

Sadly, my trip this time is based in tokyo with side missions to kawaguchiko, hakone and yokohama nia. lol. Ordered 2 sets of kobe beef for hakone dinner at 5k yen each, but i dun expect top end parts. Just wanna have my last good dinner at a Kobe beef teppanyaki, if not i go find buffet style wagyu beef yakiniku.

I am also considering kuroge, matsusaka or yama-something beef as well.

thwysg

Reaction score
Sadly, my trip this time is based in tokyo with side missions to kawaguchiko, hakone and yokohama nia. lol. Ordered 2 sets of kobe beef for hakone dinner at 5k yen each, but i dun expect top end parts. Just wanna have my last good dinner at a Kobe beef teppanyaki, if not i go find buffet style wagyu beef yakiniku.

Steakhouse Satou for Matsuzaka beef then. Affordable too.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any nice place in tokyo or osaka or kyoto that can have nice beef and they sell chicken , other types of meat too... cause my group some dun eat beef

joanie_dan

Reaction score
2nd matsusaka beef.

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway for those who jiak mat beef at other prefectures... make sure when they serve they stick the toothpick with the A(grading) tgt with the farm/serial authenticity logo.

If not. What you are having might not be the real deal. Hard truth :(

#松坂牛

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway for those who jiak mat beef at other prefectures... make sure when they serve they stick the toothpick with the A(grading) tgt with the farm/serial authenticity logo.

If not. What you are having might not be the real deal. Hard truth :(

#松坂牛

I have seen a few high end restaurants in YT, they dun show the serial number of beef when showcasing to customer before cooking. Most will just show what part of the cow it belongs to, in Japanese.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys can taste the difference between high grade Matsusaka, Kobe, and Wagyu? Difference in $$$ and your lifespan can be significant, especially when its white marbling dominates.

Jonstudy

Reaction score
Hi, I will be travelling from Tokyo > Osaka > Kyoto > Tokyo.

Will be purchasing 7 Day Whole Japan Rail Pass & Tokyo Skyliner from Klook.

Would I need to purchase any additional passes to travel for inter-city transport?

Like kansai pass or ICOCA IC Card?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You landing at narita? jrp can be use for nex also from airport to Tokyo. Not sure if need to activate first or can just take after getting the actual pass.

Reservation can be done on the spots, don't worry about space/crowd..

Last edited:

Jonstudy

Reaction score
You landing at narita? jrp can be use for nex also from airport to Tokyo. Not sure if need to activate first or can just take after getting the actual pass.

Reservation can be done on the spots, don't worry about space/crowd..

Yes landing at narita. But will activate jr pass only on the 3rd day. So got to buy tokyo skyliner tixs to tokyo from narita. But i am more concerned of the local transport. The normal bus and mrt.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes landing at narita. But will activate jr pass only on the 3rd day. So got to buy tokyo skyliner tixs to tokyo from narita. But i am more concerned of the local transport. The normal bus and mrt.

The usual transport can use Suica/Passmo, which is similar to EZlink

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tokyo is easily accessible using subway/metro..

Use Suica which also can be use in Kyoto/Osaka..Using Suica/Pasmo gives you the flexibility of using jr, pte, and city lines rather than passes which has restrictions.

Osaka wise also same using subway, Kyoto might use some bus.

Rem when you land, you can go exchange ur jrp voucher to actual pass and let them know date to activate, you can also start reserving ur shinkansen tickets. Fastest shinkansen you can use is Hikari.

Last edited:

nekoarc

Reaction score
What's nice to visit in Greater Tokyo and beyond?
Planning on basing in Tokyo and solo JR-passing to explore all those ulu locations in January:
  • Mt Fuji Lakes
  • Jigokudani monkey park
  • Nokogiriyama
  • Kegon falls
  • Shirakawago
  • Takayama (Beef)
  • Mt Mitake
  • Mt Takao

Anything else to suggest? My schedule is quite empty.

Jonstudy

Reaction score
The usual transport can use Suica/Passmo, which is similar to EZlink

Tokyo is easily accessible using subway/metro..

Use Suica which also can be use in Kyoto/Osaka..Using Suica/Pasmo gives you the flexibility of using jr, pte, and city lines rather than passes which has restrictions.

Osaka wise also same using subway, Kyoto might use some bus.

Rem when you land, you can go exchange ur jrp voucher to actual pass and let them know date to activate, you can also start reserving ur shinkansen tickets. Fastest shinkansen you can use is Hikari.

Thanks for the advice! Virgin trip to japan.

thwysg

Reaction score

You can also take Narita Access bus and then change to a local train to your destination if you’re on a tight budget.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Get Pasmo card.
It can be bought anywhere, even at the airport.
After you have activated the JR pass, you can travel on all JR trains without additional cost during the 7 day period and don't use the Pasmo card if you are travelling on a JR train.

Depending on where you are staying, you can consider using the usual trains from Narita to your hotel or use the airport shuttle bus, instead of the Skyliner.

http://www.keiseibus.co.jp/inbound/tokyoshuttle/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.